Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Huntley

tdiplc

I heard some time back (inside info) that this vermin was a paedo.

I thought about moving out of the greater london area for the sake of my kids - but it seems like nowhere is safe :angry:

Is it fair that the jury shouldn't be allowed to hear about previous misdemeanors at the time of the trial?

Whereas I agree with your sentiment Mark...

As for the prior misdemeanors brought forth in a trial, I do believe the legal system is fair, and that a person should be tried on the evidence for that paticular case...

I mean after all, on that basis he was found guilty...

If prior misdemeanors could be brought into the case, everything you have done wrong in your life could be used against you in any trial..

Agree totaly if someone has previous it should be known. think your better getting out of london though i did it years ago and would never go back ,much better for the nippers.i still work there now and then but on the way home i can feel the gloom lifting as i get out the other side of the tunnel(blackwall).

Let's not forget... There's law and there's justice - very different animals.

We have courts of 'law'. In these places, 'justice' is rarely (if ever) considered.

In fact, to my mind, having the scales of justice on display outside courts ...

should render them open to prosecution under the trades descriptions act :duh:

:shutit: :angry:

I would have to agree with Ian, your past convictions should not be made public knowledge else the person being tried is likely to be prejudiced against.

Ask yourself this, if you were on the jury of the huntley case and heard about his previous, would you have given a fair an impartial verdict baed onthe evidence for THIS trial. or straigh fromthe off said GUILTY.

Innocent until proven guilty is the British way.

These types of people are VERY devious and WILL lie for their own gains!!

We all knew he was guilty,but the law of the land says INNOCENT until proven GUILTY.

seems a waste of tax payers money but i will go along with that as long as they get the right person/s

Which they have in this instance.......and be assured he will get whats coming to him when hes inside, even

the most hardened lifers dont like child killers,they will get to him at some stage.

And Mark it doesn't matter where you live these parasites will infiltrate all AREAS !!.

Dont let your little ones out of your sight.

I agree with Fidgets that previous shouldn't be mentioned unless there's a direct link to the current case.

Glad there's been some justice for the families affected by Huntley and hope that there's no room for the :tsktsk: to appeal.

He's shown no remorse or respect for the family by pleading not-guilty. It doesn't seem just that he'll be put away at Her Majesty's pleasure with 3 square meals a day, free TV (no need to pay a TV licence), free gym membership, a right to free further education. Anyone think our prisons are too soft?!

I don,t think people like him should make it to prison .bring back hanging in these cases it is 100% clear he did it why waste taxpayers money on keeping him in prison ,if it was one of my girls he did it to (*** forbid) i would try my hardest to get to him somehow

He's shown no remorse or respect for the family by pleading not-guilty.

thats one of the things that really struck me Claire.

He knew he had done it - and there was good evidence against him - so he knew he was goimng down - but he still lacked the rocks to own up and come clean.

He could have at least been honest, and help give the families some closure.

Instead he's gives the ***** and bull "oh, errr, Holly fell in the bath, and Jessica just sorta stopped breathing as I tried to stop her screaming" story :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

at least tell the parents the full story - they deserve to know.

What's great about British justice is that Huntley's barrister, knowing he was guilty probably stitched him up with that daft excuse of how the girls died. I've served jury duty and the judge and barristers give you hints.

As for previous convictions, no they shouldn't be used to judge the present case. The media have done a great job (for once) at keeping his past record hidden from us.

As for the search when he got the job, the police are moaning about the data protection act forcing them to discard records of those who are aquitted so that if you're wrongly accused it doesn't stop you getting a job. But they should draw the line when there are multiple allegations as Huntley had.

As for the death penalty, yes they should bring it back. Some say it doesn't stop murders but what they are really saying is it doesn't stop murders in general; citing the high murder rate in the US. But that isn't comparing like with like. Although they have more murders than us, if the US removed the death penalty there would be many more murders there then they have now. Even if they never used the death penalty, having it in place should deter at least some potential murderers. Furthermore, the Tories say that there was a 50% increase in murders in the 5 years after the death penalty was removed. As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather bite the bullet and hang some innocent people then have EVEN MORE innocent people get murdered; a simple case of statistics. Having the death penalty is probably Tory opportunism (like banning fox hunting for Labour), but it makes sense to put to death multiple offenders who are likely to kill again. Take the recent case of the girls murdered in Spain by the rapist who served less than 10 years in our prisons for similar offences.

Huntley's a monster with no shred of a conscience. I dare say the worst moments of his life are yet to come.

Can't help feeling that Maxine Carr got off lightly. 3½yrs with 1 year already served so she might get out in a few months. Someone who can steadfastly lie to the police in a crime of this gravity? Hmmm.... and it seems Huntley got off a previous rape charge when she supplied him with an alibi. Removing her from society for rather longer may be doing everyone a favour.

I like many others would like to see the death penalty brought back but am assured no Government will ever do so. One of the reasons is it is conclusively proven death is NOT a deterrent as most murders are not planned, but are acts of impulse or anger mainly committed by family members. My personal view is so what, if you take a life you loose a life.

With regard to prison, I had occasion to visit the 'BEASTY' wing at Walton, this is where s*x criminals are kept, believe me its hell on earth.

As for television his should be on 24/7 continually showing the pictures of those innocent little girls walking passed the leisure centre, with a length of rope one end securely attatched to the ceiling.

not good. Scum of the earth like them should be banged up for ever. Life is only 26 years in this country. If they are good and the judge hasn't said they must serve at least life, they could be out in 12 yrs!! How is that justice.

Maxine knew exactly what she wa doing and also what he had done. She should have got much more. And if she does get out she will have to change her name and everything. Someone will get her.

I am unsure on the death penaulty bit, cos look at the amount of mistakes that have been made over the years. As you say, it is not a deterent. In the US people are on death row for years, so it doesn't free up the prisons.

I think alot of it stems back to their upbringing and family support during their life. These days kids get away with too much. Mine won't, they will be brought up like I was. It was never harsh or anything, but I knew what was right and wrong. Never got into any serious trouble!!!

Only have to look into schools to see that as the kids know what they can get away with, they get up to all sorts. The teachers have less powers too.

Hope they rot in jail and get set upon. Not killed though, cos thats the easy way out. Let them survive with injuries for the rest of their miserable days.

:ohmy::blink: calm down!

Heard on the tele that Maxine Carr can be released within a month if she takes

the option of being "tagged" for 18 months...... :angry::angry:

I think Maxine Carr is guilty of gross stupidity and naivety, but what you have to remember with s*x offenders/paedos that they are incredibly manipulative and go to great lengths to protect themselves and lie and cheat to get support from others. In many cases, paedos have got away with abusing the children of people they know, such is their ability to gain trust in families.

From the sound of it, this is what Maxine Carr had to put up with. She started coughing-up info once she had hard proof Ian Huntley was a sicko. She was convinced by Huntley that he would be stitched up by police due to the allegations he previously faced and wanted to protect him. Not the right thing to do by any means but I don't believe she's inherently evil.

They think she will be out of prison by May at the latest and I think she'll have a harder time of it than Huntley who is afforded some protection in prison. She's been labelled the new Myra Hindley and will live with that for the rest of her days.

The death penalty is a good thing in a way if someone is guilty of multiple murders or a repeat offender of kiddie fiddeling there is no place for them in a humane society even if thats prison. Its a waste of resources that could be used to house all the other idiots in society that need a stretch to try to put them on the straight and narrow.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links