Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

2004 Ls430 Any Way To Disable Soft Closure Doors And Boot

That sounds like a nasty potential safety hazard.

Having looked at the Lexus Personalised settings for the 430 there is no mention of disabling the system, may be worth contacting Lexus to discuss this finger removal system.

• Like 2

Hi

is there any way to disable soft auto closure door and boot.

Today My fingers got stuck in door and auto closure nearly crushed my fingers

AJ

AJ, do you not think the real culprit is the Scottish climate?

I know from my sister that once more a lousy extended spring has skipped straight into autumn :(

With both the Scottish Govt. (now there's an oxymoron to behold) & the EU refusing compensation payments for a reduced quality of life, the stress levels will be running high & this is when accidents happen.

Seriously, get a grip man! (rather than the door doing it for you .... (please laugh)).

Says he who once held the top of a Volvo 145 door frame, & slammed the door. It closed fully. Oops - Fingers - PAIN.

The resourceful qualities of newly qualified skool teacher Mrs. Loathecliff shone forth that day when she enthusiastically offered to belt the fingers of my left hand to compensate for the pain in the rapidly swelling ones of the right.

• Like 2

hi

i love the feature - i almost always use it on the boot and even when you close normally you get a nice solid sounding thud type sound which i dont find on other cars.

i have never had any problems with the feature myself however i do have to be extra vigilant when my kids are with me.

hi

i love the feature - i almost always use it on the boot and even when you close normally you get a nice solid sounding thud type sound which i dont find on other cars.

i have never had any problems with the feature myself however i do have to be extra vigilant when my kids are with me.

Bang on.

I was actually more worried for my two sons. one is 8 and other is 2.

I was wondering if there was some quick way to disable this when I am out with kids etc, I was hoping there is some hidden switch some where in boot or under dash to disable this.

I'm pretty sure there is no switch to disable this. Also not sure if it can be done through software.

Maybe, if the soft closing system is on a single fuse or relay, you can take this out.......

Only wish my Car had soft closure - I so miss the S class invented system. Arrive home in wee hours from Ferry and have to bang all the doors and annoy the neighbours. mind you they don't seem to care when they do it! Am I too considerate?

Yes; just PUSH them closed?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links