Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rainx On Rear Screen

So, about 2 months ago I decided to try RainX.

Positives:

Works great on the M'way especially when been sprayed by a truck.

Dirt doesn't seem to stick to the window

Easier to De-ice.

Negatives:

Due to the water beading up, and no wind hitting the rear screen it didn't really clear the rear screen like I hoped.

Again due to the water beading up I actually think it made it harder to look out of the rear and side windows, especially at night, when street lights / car lights lit up the water beads.

Need to be travelling at speed for it work on the front and side windows.

Again due to the beading the water doesn't evaporate as quickly.

Fogging appeared about 3 weeks after application when the wipers were used.

not sure if I'd recommend it or not, maybe for the front screen, but not the sides and rears.

• Like 1

i have used rain-x years ago & i found it made your wipers judderery across the windscreen

maybe wipers / rain-x formula has changed over the years but i wouldn't use it again.

i now clay bar the glass and use Meguiars ultimate wax ,the wipers work perfectly

really quiet & because of the wax the water sheets off with 1 pass of the wipers.

i have used rain-x years ago & i found it made your wipers judderery across the windscreen

maybe wipers / rain-x formula has changed over the years but i wouldn't use it again.

i now clay bar the glass and use meguiars ultimate wax ,the wipers work perfectly

really quiet & because of the wax the water sheets off with 1 pass of the wipers.

I've used wax and found it a pain in terms of streaks.

I can recommend angelwax h2go and gtechniq rain repellants. They require much less speed to flick water off so keeps screen clear

• Like 1

Fresh rainX works great, a few years back I drove to the south of France in torrential rain and didn't need the wipers at all on the autoroute, only when slowing down around Paris and for tolls, it lasts about 3-4 weeks, a bottle lasts years.

I always have rain-x on my Windows, it keeps them clean for longer and makes the car easier to wash /dry without streaks.

When freshly applied you can drive without wipers on which does make motorway driving less stressful in the rain.

Claying the windows? That sounds interesting .... would not have considered claying the windows.

the impurities that are present on the bodywork are also present on the glass and by removing the

impurities it makes the glass surface a lot smoother just like the bodywork therefore water will

bead off with ease

Rather than use classic clay, I use a Dodo Juice Square Sponge clay Pad for both the front and rear windows and get

the same excellent result with fine or medium grades, though I prefer the fine for the bodywork. The product is not only

easy to use but can be re-used over and over again. I think I paid around £17 online.

If you're going to clay body, or glass, give the farecla clay mitt a go, gets good reviews, and I found it very easy to use.

Got mine from Halfords, about 12 quid I think it was.

Yep highly recommended the farecla one. Its cheap and does the job admirably.

Although, I have come across nutters who havent "activated" it by rubbing it on the glass with lubricant......

I used a coating from Gtechniq for the windows, they recommend 3 coats on the windscreen and 1 coat on the other windows. Pretty impressed with the results, was beads up and runs off very easily, plus at anything over 40MPH, you barely need the wipers as the water just streams off the glass due to the wind.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links