Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Suggestions For New Models...

stevebish

Does anyone know whether Lexus GB are in contact with this club? Would they be interested if we all came up with suggestions to add to new/facelift models?

A couple of gadgets I'd like to see on the IS, is a trip computer and gas struts for the bonnet.

I've seen some B*W's have a passenger door mirror that automatically lowers for you to see the rear wheel when engaging reverse, for parking. Very nice touch!

Any other ideas out there?

I'd like Lexus to ditch the "saloon" image and start giving us more choice e.g. IS Coupe or convertible, even a two seater roadster (and please, not a rebadged MR2).

They also need to greatly improve the quality of the interiors and dump the standard japanese look when it comes to interiors. Some of the switchgear in the IS is shocking - A Nissan Primera I had several years ago had a better feel.

I agree

I've just come from a top of the range Citroen C5 and the useful toys/features on there that I miss are :

Passenger mirror that moves on reverse gear selection to another pre-defined angle. (already mentioned).

Trafficmaster (built in).

Trip Computer showing average MPG and calculated miles till fuel tank empty.(already mentioned).

Ability to display Odometer and trip distance simultaneously.

Tongue in cheek :

The C5 had a knocking back axle that I miss ;) (design fault - still ongoing).

The multiplex electrics meant that certain functions did not occur for a few seconds after the request:

Folding door mirrors did not actually fold for about 5 - 10 secs after the switch was pressed.

Lights did not turn off for about 2-3 secs after switch off.

You could not flash anyone because it didn't happen immediately.

Due to another C5 design fault the headlights flicker when the suspension pump kicks in, which is virtually all the time.

When you climb into a C5 you cant help knocking the seat lever which means that over a period of time the seat is slowly getting lower and lower.

Yes - big mistake that was !

Worst was the huge depreciation.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the handling in windy weather, you had to fight to keep it in a straight line - even in the mildest of breezes.

It was one of those cars that never actually had a problem but I could sense whilst driving it that those multiplex electrics and new fangled toys would eventually cause me a problem - so it had to go.

Like here, I frequented a forum dedicated to the C5 and the horror stories.................

Citroen UK seemed to be unsympathetic to those with problems and the dealers were reported as being even worse.

how about a smaller version of the IS range? perhaps a little smaller that the B*W 3 series compact, to attract the more nervous female driver that doesn't like big cars (not being sexist honestly!), my missus won't drive my IS because she is afraid of the size of it (handy really :winky: !), but perhaps a new range like the IS150 or summit, with a 1.5 odd litre engine.

or not! :P

thats my tuppence worth!

Stu

As good a car as I think the IS is, I think it does have some major flaws that would allow customers to easily consider other marques.

-No trip computer/MPG

-No memory on seats

-No controls on steering wheel

-No auto-wipers

-No diesel (though they have one in the pipeline)

-No folding rear seats

BUT.....of course, these are the things it doesn't have. LEt's consider what it DOES have as STANDARD!!! Which, personally, is why I bought the car - because I didn't have to tick loads of options boxes to have a nice level of equipment.

I don't think Lexus need to start branching out into different corners of the market. There is no need for a Lexus MR2, or a Lexus Focus, toyota takes care of that, and in doing those types of cars they may devalue the lexus brand. "I've got a Ford" could mean you have a Ka 1.1 or a GT40. "I've got a Lexus" means you have a prestige car, period.

how about a smaller version of the IS range? perhaps a little smaller that the B*W 3 series compact, to attract the more nervous female driver that doesn't like big cars (not being sexist honestly!), my missus won't drive my IS because she is afraid of the size of it (handy really :winky: !), but perhaps a new range like the IS150 or summit, with a 1.5 odd litre engine.

I was just thinking isn't that called a Toyota Yaris

I don't think Lexus need to start branching out into different corners of the market.  There is no need for a Lexus MR2, or a Lexus Focus,  toyota takes care of that, and in doing those types of cars they may devalue the lexus brand.  "I've got a Ford" could mean you have a Ka 1.1 or a GT40.  "I've got a Lexus" means you have a prestige car, period.

I definately agree with this Tony!

Although the Lex range does have an impressively high spec as standard, I was simply considering some, fairly simple, ideas that may increase their desirability even further.

I assumed that little things like the one-touch windows would be standard, I test drove an 'S' plate Vectra once, it had one-touch windows up & down all round!

My 'R' plate 306 had gas struts for the bonnet and rain sensitive wipers.

All my previous cars have had folding rear seats, although they have all been hatchbacks.

The 306's have had (basic) radio controls on the steering column for yonks!

My Father-in-law-to-be has a Skoda Fabia with a trip computer!!

Memory seats would be nice, but I can undertsand that would add a little more to the price!

Don't get me wrong, I love my car to bits, just surprised that some of these features are missing.

Lexus - take note! They could be even better!!

Don't forget that the IS has been around a while now.

No doubt it's successor will be loaded with more up to date toys.

I must say, from the list so far... it IS toys people are after.

Not many 'drivers' round here then :)

I'd say nice V8 before radio buttons..

Tasteful exhaust note before trip computer..

how about a smaller version of the IS range? perhaps a little smaller that the B*W 3 series compact, to attract the more nervous female driver that doesn't like big cars (not being sexist honestly!), my missus won't drive my IS because she is afraid of the size of it (handy really  :winky: !), but perhaps a new range like the IS150 or summit, with a 1.5 odd litre engine.

I was just thinking isn't that called a Toyota Yaris

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................................

I did say a car that is a LITTLE smaller than a B*W 3 series compact, not a funny shaped matchbox with wheels! :P :P :P :P :P :P

Stu

It's nice to see all these 'wants', one question you need to ask yourself is how many of you have actually complained to your dealer about the so called missing toys.

All the 'Wants' mentioned have been around on different manifactures cars for years like

trip computer

one shot up and down on all windows

radio controls on the steering wheel

Memory seats

remote gobal window closeure

Auto locking doors after pull away. etc etc

I have owned cars with all the above fitted as standard apart from memory seats. I didn't by my IS200 for the toys or tha lack of them, I brought it because I wanted to own one, the moral of the story is 'If you want 'toys' buy a high volume main stream car' because they have to tempt you to buy. You buy a Lexus because you want one.

Apart from CD player that plays MP3's and DAB radio all the other things are already available on Lexus cars.

Why doesn't the UK get the good toys in Japan and US like laser cruise control or Sat Nav linked to the gearbox so that it changes down are up approach hills or corners etc?

How about things that should be removed:

The new GS pictures show there is a tape player in there!!! Who still uses them?

All the things you are saying are missing from the IS, I know the dealers feel the same way. I think it's TMC rather than Lexus GB that haven't made the options available on the IS/Altezza

Ejector seat :lol:

On a serious note....

Heated front windscreen

4 wheel steer

Mirror indicators instead of wing ones (like new Civic type-r)

Electronic fully adjustable steering wheel

HID's as standard

Seat memories

START button

Armrest with extra compartment (like bmw one)

Saftly unlocking. Unlock drivers door first then the other doors on second press of remote key

Anti kerb able wheels

Bigger fuel tank

Perhaps a diesel model with Power like VW.

I'd like Lexus to ditch the "saloon" image and start giving us more choice e.g. IS Coupe or convertible, even a two seater roadster (and please, not a rebadged MR2).

They also need to greatly improve the quality of the interiors and dump the standard japanese look when it comes to interiors. Some of the switchgear in the IS is shocking - A Nissan Primera I had several years ago had a better feel.

Yes a IS Coupe or ISC would be good, I did this one in Paintshop Pro ages ago long before I bought my IS200LE

post-32-1074295588.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links