Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Went to Scotland this weekend - should have been Cardiff but a long story ...

I clocked this MPG (488) - Range + already covered from a full tank. This was 17 miles around town and a roads - the rest was motorway at a steady 70mph (ish)

I reckon it will easily run over the 500 mile mark if it was a full motorway journey. This was £1.10 ASDA normal unleaded fuel

IMAG1727.jpg

I think this one is still one of the records (I manage 41-42 at best):

On 12/8/2016 at 9:44 AM, lex3 said:

My thoughts exactly Alan - and I do have my bus pass which gives me free travel all over Scotland!

For me, nothing beats traveling in my choice of car for all the same reasons - love it!

And to throw another spanner in the works re petrol consumption here's my dash from my IS250 SE-L!

IMAG3153.jpg

A few litres of petrol put in at Harthill SS on the M8 and drove to George Square Glasgow - 27 miles, mostly through 50mph road works with nose to tail traffic.

Only put in a few litres as the next day I was going back to Edinburgh to pick up my IS300h!!!

lex3 - should now be lex4!

Ian

I used to travel frequently to my daughter's in Guildford.  Mostly M4 at 70mph (ish) on cruise when possible and I'd achieve a tank average of around 38mpg.  I always considered that very good for a 2.5l  V6  Auto !

Only had my is250 sInce Friday but I'm very surprised on how good on fuel it actually is.

Today I drove from snowdonia to shrewsbury in ect power and to be fair I wasn't hanging around and according to my trip computer I acheived  35mpg. 

From shrewsbury to Telford along the M54 with a steady 70mph in cruise I managed 42 mpg.

From Telford down to hereford with ect on and a heavy right foot as I wanted to be home in time for tea I managed 34 mpg.

On the same run on my old 220d I can honestly say the 250 is at least as good on fuel if not slightly better.

In my previous post some time ago stuck to 50-60mph on m25 to Woking Surrey was getting 50mpg but couldn't really drive that speed but even at 70 was getting 40+ thought v good for v6, in my is220d wasn't getting much more mpg.Got long trip on 19 December will cover approx 500 miles round trip see what mpg will get.

16 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Today I drove from snowdonia to shrewsbury in ect power and to be fair I wasn't hanging around and according to my trip computer I acheived  35mpg. 

From shrewsbury to Telford along the M54 with a steady 70mph in cruise I managed 42 mpg.

From Telford down to hereford with ect on and a heavy right foot as I wanted to be home in time for tea I managed 34 mpg.

Yep, sounds about right for an IS250 - surprisingly good for a 2.5 V6 automatic.

There's a thread over on the NX forum where the (slightly disgruntled) consensus seems to have the average NX mpg somewhere around 33mpg.

Makes a mockery of the declared CO2 emissions.

I had an NX300h as a courtesy car when mine was in for a service a couple of weeks back - I was more than somewhat surprised by how thirsty it was considering it has magical batteries and does the "pull away in eerie silence" thing.

Nice car mind.  I was particularly fond of the folding rear seats...

(I appreciate this is the 250 forum/ thread but some may be interested ) I managed 47 mpg on a 3 hour run to Gatwick with an hour crawl on the M25....thats with the 4 Cylinder turbo IS200t auto using cruise control...it was knocking on 50mpg until I hit the M25 car park.

I took the scenic A route home and gave it some welly and managed 38mpg.....

Really impressed with Lexus offerings on a non hybrid vehicle. 

Different story around town but i guess that's the same with IS250.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, doog442 said:

(I appreciate this is the 250 forum/ thread but some may be interested ) I managed 47 mpg on a 3 hour run to Gatwick with an hour crawl on the M25....thats with the 4 Cylinder turbo IS200t auto using cruise control...it was knocking on 50mpg until I hit the M25 car park.

Keep us informed Doog, I can see the IS200t being my next one in a few years' time :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, doog442 said:

I managed 47 mpg on a 3 hour run to Gatwick with an hour crawl on the M25....thats with the 4 Cylinder turbo IS200t auto using cruise control...it was knocking on 50mpg until I hit the M25 car park.

That is about the same in IS250, staying within 65MPH it is possible to get high 40s and it is easy to get high 30s otherwise. As you mentioned non-hybrids backfire in town.. quite obviously (the reason I call hybrids - "town cars"). The Lexus being heavy car the most punishing is take-offs or even worse inching traffic jams.

Though V6 is much more enjoyable to drive...

Don't get too excited folks, if your IS250 is anything like mine the mpg is 3 mpg out on the high side, best I've achieved in the last 45,000 miles was a true 40 mpg. The best conditions are in summer (more efficient) and making the most of cruise control and staying off the brakes when safe to do so.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links