Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel damage. How would this happen?

I've just noticed this scratch on the front drivers wheel. Looks like a crack, but it is just a deep scratch.

It certainly hasn't been done by me - or any driving (as there are rim protectors on the wheels).  Anybody got any ideas on how something like this could happen? Does it look like a workshop mishap?

Thanks all.

IMAG0288.jpg

Just now, Jgtcracer said:

I've done that before by slipping with wheel wrench.  Lost skin on knuckles too, maybe DNA could be found!lol

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Won't find my DNA - I've still not opened the 'hood' :(

your not missing much, just plastic and a little 5.0 V8 motor.  Mines got a red HPS intake just to jazz it up.

Seriously though, easy to slip with wrench if not doing it properly on the street in the pouring rain, a bit harder to do in a main dealer unless the apprentice was tightening up without a torque wrench 

• Like 1

Strange how it's scratched inside as well as on the face. Scratch looks like the thickness of a screwdriver head but it wouldn't hold up in a court of law therefore I retract my previous statement. :wink3:

• Like 1

I've had problems with dealers in the past, that is if this is the cause, always take a picture of speedo reading with strict instructions that the vehicle is not to leave the site, took a previous M3 in for a warranty job a wheel sensor replacement.

The car went out on test I picked it up work completed blissfully unaware that it had been caught on a speed check doing 114 mph in a 40 mph limit.

First I knew was a noticed of intended prosecution in the post to be fair to the BMW dealer and dealer principal they dismissed the individual concerned and extended my warranty by 12 months and the next 2 services were free.

As an aside I also take pics of all four wheels, just in case.

Big Rat

Last service at Lexus Twickenham, I took a photo of the mileage. It had +5 miles on it but the service centre is couple of miles down the road so fair enough. Haven't felt the urge to check the dashcam....yet. Would like to have faith in the Lexus dealers but I've not been impressed by any of them yet. 

30 minutes ago, mrfunex said:

Hedge End Lexus always unplug my dashcam! Spoilsports! 

Can they do that ? I would complain only for that i.e. if you not doing anything wrong why would you unplugged it?!

So far I had no problems with dealership joyriding my car, but once I parked in Luton parking where you leave cars in rows and they park it for you, so kind of half valet service and they take you to the airport with minibus. That was not large parking lot maybe ~1000 spaces and when I was back 2 weeks later car had covered extra 59miles... probably were circling quite a lot of circles before finding place where to park.... I did took pictures of the outside in case of some scratches, but didn't think of taking pictures of ODO, so there was no much reason to complain... good thing that haven't received any fines.

As for the scratch I would guess it was some kind of metal cord caught in wheel.

12 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Can they do that ? I would complain only for that i.e. if you not doing anything wrong why would you unplugged it?!

The service from them has always been great. I've made a note a few times of the mileage and it's either never moved, or it's a single mile more than before. They've always looked after our cars (I've had a GS450 and the ISF and my wife has a RX450) and I've never had any cause to doubt or question them. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links