Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is your car male or female?

Ala Larj

I was just reading a thread on this site whereby a member felt the need to apologise to another member for getting the gender of their car wrong. I feel that in this day and age we need to be careful about gender stereotyping and wondered what gender other members give to their cars and why?

What makes a male car and what makes a female car?

I do not want to upset mine by getting it wrong!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

hahahahaha ...............  She can be very endearing, passive and quiet, unassuming, a bit " long in the tooth " so to say...........  but He is a wolf in sheep's clothing ................  still a legendary fast and very quick car, a boy racer if you wanted............... that very few understand .............. who aren't Ls400 owners  :yahoo:

Not sure about the other models in the Lexus range though, perhaps they fit a particular mould rather better

Malc

• Like 1

Personally, all my cars, including my current one, have been male.  I just feel that it is too bulky and rough to be anything else.

My partners Renault Clio was female.  Maybe it was because she was delicate and fell apart easily? :smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My wife names all her cars. I have inherited 'Bubbles' for driving to work in :dry:

I call them "My car" and "Your car"

I thought only the French sexed inanimate objects?

The definition of gender is being male or female. Male = of or denoting the s*x that produces gametes, especially spermatozoa, with which a female may be fertilized or inseminated to produce offspring. 

I dont think cars can fertilise each other - would therefore have to say they don't have a gender - but I mean everything exists in the mind so if you want yours to be a girl then so be it.

I find this whole gender debate stupid and utterly ridiculous - we've become a society scared of saying anything in case of offending someone. I prefer to keep things simple - a male is a male if it looks like a male and a female is a female if it looks like a female.

If they want to identify themselves as something else, then they better let me know or I'll probably end up offending them all day long

Give it a few years and someone will probably start a trend of identifying themselves as a kangaroo.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, rayaans said:

I prefer to keep things simple - a male is a male if it looks like a male and a female is a female if it looks like a female.

What about ladyboys????

25 minutes ago, Ala Larj said:

What about ladyboys????

How am I supposed to know they're a ladyboy lol - unless you go to Bangkok fairly regularly I dont think its much of an issue 

• Like 2

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I was the one being apologised to!

My GS450h is Gus, as in Angus. It’s a boy.
My wife’s RX350 is Roxy and is obviously a girl.

We only started naming our cars after we bought a red SLK which had a nice note from the previous owner in the handbook explaining that he was called Manfred after Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen aka The Red Baron.

My ‘15 Touareg was Rufus (numberplate started with RF).

I think it’s cute but also stupid to name cars.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My LS400 is male called Rio, after the number plate.

My RX 300, I think is female. Chloe after the number plate  KL0. I say to "her" in the morning, "Well KLO, what do ya know?" And she always starts first time!

• Like 2

On 15/01/2018 at 1:08 PM, Ala Larj said:

You've obviously not met my wife!

^^ Or my first wife...:ph34r:

Generally I don't name cars, although my beloved 1993 Daihatsu Charade was called 'Oscar' for some reason.

I think my NX is gender neutral...