Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

2 hours ago, cruisermark said:

There is a video here which might interest you

Thank you so much for posting that! brought back many memories. I saw the Lexus! If I had known about this show, I would have gone! Brilliant!

• Like 1

Tested the tape deck still works. As I understand it, this was the first time that a cassette was ever played as the previous owner only ever listened to the radio (CD player had never been used before I got it either) 16 years later and I am pleased to say everything works fine and sounds great (even for a tape!) did not expect the graphics though so that was a pleasant surprise - although static and not animated still a nice touch 😁

tape.jpg

• Like 5

Speaking of that festival here is another video along the same lines as HubNuts (there are probably a lot more as a lot of YouTube channels go to the likes of that - and yes in the first 30 seconds there is a Lexus (can even be seen in the thumbnail) 

• Like 4

After the advisories on my RX400h MOT had its first service, in my care, front and rear discs and brake pads. A hefty bill but as expected. Interestingly the garage explained how to immobilise the traction Battery, which they did for safety reasons - some sort of plug in the boot(?). I had not heard about this feature before. Running very nicely and I am pleased the brakes have been sorted.

A photo as well - we like photos!

IMG_1512.JPG

• Like 2

Gave my headlights a good hand polish and clean - with that stuff that polishes and cleans them.

( Turtle? - not an actual turtle. )

They do look better. Not as new ,but certainly removed that old-car bloom.

( Also replaced the switch that opens the garage door. )

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PCM said:

Gave my headlights a good hand polish and clean - with that stuff that polishes and cleans them.

( Turtle? - not an actual turtle. )

They do look better. Not as new ,but certainly removed that old-car bloom.

( Also replaced the switch that opens the garage door. )

Really pleased the MRI went well Piers. I have the kit to do mine on the RX as they are getting a little glazed.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 10:27 AM, BMCWP said:

Speaking of that festival here is another video along the same lines as HubNuts (there are probably a lot more as a lot of YouTube channels go to the likes of that - and yes in the first 30 seconds there is a Lexus (can even be seen in the thumbnail)

It's mine 🙂 The only Lexus in attendance as far as I could see.

On 8/2/2021 at 10:06 AM, BMCWP said:

Tested the tape deck still works. As I understand it, this was the first time that a cassette was ever played as the previous owner only ever listened to the radio (CD player had never been used before I got it either) 16 years later and I am pleased to say everything works fine and sounds great (even for a tape!) did not expect the graphics though so that was a pleasant surprise - although static and not animated still a nice touch 😁

Funky graphic! I occasionally use the tape player in my LS400, as I have one or two cassettes that I don't have in any other format. After approaching 30 years it still works well.

• Like 3

About half way through changing my second front strut (spring and damper), here are some thoughts before I forget:

1. Contrary to the tutorial on lexls.com, it wasn't necessary for me (2000 model year) to disconnect the top wishbone ball joint in order to get the strut out. What worked for me was compressing the spring in situ (not sure how much that helped but hey), a lot of wiggling and turning the steering between neutral and away from the side working on. Although it was slightly more difficult on driver side because of the front ride height / headlight angle sensor getting in the way a little

2. Impact / undo the bolt of the bottom through bolt. The nut has some keys on it that digs into the bracket and makes it a lot harder to turn when it's tight

3. The front springs are long, be prepared with another set of spring compressors or ratchet straps in case there is still tension when releasing the spring compressors when swapping damper / top mount over

4. When putting the strut back in, I did by roughly getting it in first without compressors. Clear the flanges of the bottom bracket first before beginning to align the top mount. Then compress spring in situ to get the top mount / bottom through bolt aligned. Bolt it all up, then release tension 

5. It always takes AT LEAST twice as long as what anyone says on the internet 😂

Part numbers:

Bottom bolt 90105-14087

Bottom nut 90179-14045

Damper KYB 341159

Spring KYB RG3071

That's it for now, hope that's helpful to anyone who might stumble on this post 🙂

• Like 1

Well some things decay regardless of condition and mileage, and 430 owners are generally familiar with the frailties of the subwoofer foam surround. 

So today I have been round with the silicone, which I am now leaving to set. It worked on my previous 430 so I am hopeful for this one. The alternative seems pretty expensive if it doesn't work . . 

23 hours ago, jonthetourist said:

Well some things decay regardless of condition and mileage, and 430 owners are generally familiar with the frailties of the subwoofer foam surround. 

So today I have been round with the silicone, which I am now leaving to set. It worked on my previous 430 so I am hopeful for this one. The alternative seems pretty expensive if it doesn't work . . 

If it's just the Sub, I replaced mine with the Dayton-Audio one for £50. Sounds superb once broken in.
Took a little bit of modification of the plastic frame that holds the OEM sub but nothing difficult.
You can also get re-foam kits that do the job if the sub/speakers still work but are crackling.
Hopefully the silicone will do the job.

• Like 1

Had a Hybrid Battery health check on Friday which is failed, apparently there was an error message logged in a system that my auxiliary Battery is weak (old? or not used enough?), so Lexus Glasgow cleared the code and asked me to come back after I cover minimum  500 miles to have a check up again.

Also had my Catalytic converter marked with the special pen (this is not a cat lock of course)and registered online.

I am in doubts if I need to put stickers on windows saying that Catalytic Converter is Forensically Protected!

Just now, Vlady said:

Had a Hybrid battery health check on Friday which is failed, apparently there was an error message logged in a system that my auxiliary battery is weak (old? or not used enough?), so Lexus Glasgow cleared the code and asked me to come back after I cover minimum  500 miles to have a check up again.

Also had my Catalytic converter marked with the special pen (this is not a cat lock of course)and registered online.

I am in doubts if I need to put stickers on windows saying that Catalytic Converter is Forensically Protected!

Not heard of a GS being attacked Vlady. If you apply stickers that might attract the scumbags?

13 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Not heard of a GS being attacked Vlady. If you apply stickers that might attract the scumbags?

I know John, this what stops me applying these stickers but it can work other way as well, if they see the sticker they might try to find another car to "work" on.

Not heard of a GS being attached either John, fingers crossed it stays that way!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

If it's just the Sub, I replaced mine with the Dayton-Audio one for £50. Sounds superb once broken in.
Took a little bit of modification of the plastic frame that holds the OEM sub but nothing difficult.
You can also get re-foam kits that do the job if the sub/speakers still work but are crackling.
Hopefully the silicone will do the job.

Thanks for that. Took it out today and cranked up the volume. Not a hint of the buzz that was there before. Phew!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links