Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today i'm listening to...

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

As an idealistic student in the (very) early 1990s two types of music really appealed to me. First, the idealistic and politically motivated. Billy Bragg et al. Music with a message. 

Second was music that was more fun. Music where the bands were living their best life. Bands like Sugar (Copper Blue remains one of my favourite albums) and even early REM.

Then as I got older, the ‘fun’ element persisted. I still love The The, Billy Bragg, Lloyd Cole, Elvis Costello, Kirsty MacColl and others. I still enjoy Sugar, American Music Club, Black Rebel Motorcycle etc. But I also found ‘new’ music which rang my bell. Bands that absolutely seemed to be having fun with music…bands like Fall Out Boy.

High energy, modern rock with a historic soul. Genius.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...

Back in a healthy exercise and diet routine in the past month. I have always listened to 'heavier' music whilst working out. This has been a bit of a crutch in recent weeks through some tough times. Will not be most peoples taste, but it is such a hybrid and the last 1:30, without sounding crude, is s*x music 😅🤣

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2023 at 8:17 PM, Illogan said:

Crikey Dave there's a memory. I bought this for my birthday in May 66. Listening then to Eric Clapton and "Steppin Out" wasn't just guitar music is was an almost religious event. It's in the loft somewhere alongside Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane and others, time to get rummaging I think 😎

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Crikey Dave there's a memory. I bought this for my birthday in May 66. Listening then to Eric Clapton and "Steppin Out" wasn't just guitar music is was an almost religious event. It's in the loft somewhere alongside Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane and others, time to get rummaging I think 😎

Phil,

The element of ageing that I really appreciate is that I've an increasing number of things to look back on, and more time to do it!

• Haha 2

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links