Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS F owners UK

Just now, hockeyedwards said:

5 up for sale, sign of the apocalypse! 🤣

...and only one has done lower mileage than mine and it's 2 years newer 😄 (only by 1000 miles to add).

Sign of the times, they are expensive to run, expensive to tax, expensive to service and used car prices are starting to fall - so getting out whilst they'll make a quid or two I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw a GSF out on the road in my local area of St Albans yesterday but it was too dark to see it properly but I could see it had a plate ending in GSF with possibly L at the start.

Honestly see more LC's around than these.

• 2 weeks later...

7 hours ago, Arnett said:

6 on AT, plus the purple on top gear Stoke.

Got to be linked to cost of living and fuel prices……until wages catch up people may find 5.0l engines unpalatable.

Can’t see fuel every dropping back to previous levels now, got to pay the price for quantitative easing somewhere.

14 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Got to be linked to cost of living and fuel prices……until wages catch up people may find 5.0l engines unpalatable.

Can’t see fuel every dropping back to previous levels now, got to pay the price for quantitative easing somewhere.

I'm not sure . RCF levels have dropped to probably the lowest ever with only 11 available on AT tonight.

There's a white RCF that hasn't moved yet they've consistently dropped the price. It's overdue two services and the front alloys are scrubbed. The dealer is part of KIA, clearly clueless as a Lexus service six months back would probably have moved it on.  

11 minutes ago, doog442 said:

I'm not sure . RCF levels have dropped to probably the lowest ever with only 11 available on AT tonight.

There's a white RCF that hasn't moved yet they've consistently dropped the price. It's overdue two services and the front alloys are scrubbed. The dealer is part of KIA, clearly clueless as a Lexus service six months back would probably have moved it on.  

I've been watching this RCF in question and will be great buy if one gets this lazy dealer to service the car at Lexus before purchase. 

I am also cautious as the MOT expired September 2021 and had some advisories. It appears the car is not well maintained and all the advisories will need to be addressed as well before purchase. 

£5k drop is tempting but more investigation will be needed before committing to buy.

Screenshot_20221028-214435_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 hours ago, Duggie B said:

7 On AT + the purple wrap one ....could it be, most of them being 2016 models, are at the infamous 6yr service mark ? 

9 in total for sale on AT + Fleabay.

9 hours ago, doog442 said:

Perhaps as a more practical car a larger proportion of owners are using GSFs as daily drivers.  Many RCF owners may only use them as toys/2nd cars?

On 10/28/2022 at 7:53 PM, Duggie B said:

7 On AT + the purple wrap one ....could it be, most of them being 2016 models, are at the infamous 6yr service mark ? 

Just wondering, is the 6 year service specifically more expensive?

I thought that servicing costs were fixed, alternating between £395 on odd years (1, 3 5, 7 etc) and £735 on even years. I didn't realise the year 6 service was more than, say, the year 2 or 4 service?

29 minutes ago, ollie isf said:

I thought that servicing costs were fixed, alternating between £395 on odd years (1, 3 5, 7 etc) and £735 on even years. I didn't realise the year 6 service was more than, say, the year 2 or 4 service?

Historically all the major services were different prices because air filter is only changed every 40k miles/4 years, plugs at 60k miles, coolant at 100k miles and then every 60k miles. So you paid a basic price (which is the 20k miles/2 years service) plus more for whatever extras were due.

Very recently it seems Lexus have increased the cost of the 20k service but don't seem to be charging extra for the additional work that is needed. Whether all dealerships operate like that or some charge extra remains to be seen.

38 minutes ago, ollie isf said:

You're almost right, it's the same as a normal major service except that at 6 years it includes iridium spark plugs, which turn out to be quite expensive when you factor in that there are 8 of them, plus labour.

Interesting - thank you both. I had an ISF from 2016 - 2020 so I recall that the major services differed in cost but they do seem fixed now.

However I have just followed the Lexus website through and I really do think everything is included for £735 at 6 years.

For context, I'm interested in buying a GSF over the coming months so was looking at servicing costs.

I took the registration of a 6 year old car on AT (HK16MMO), typed the details into the Lexus site and it shows the 6 year service as being £735. Listed in the bullet points is "replace spark plugs".

Not sure if my link for trying this will work but you could replicate:

https://www.lexus.co.uk/online-service-booking?gclid=CjwKCAjwh4ObBhAzEiwAHzZYU8B-WWrTauGdMcxD7Y99X_rGPBdY3qj3gRq-HWLszAdK1M5LBpUvgRoCP8kQAvD_BwE#

Otherwise here is the list as quoted from Lexus website:

Carry out 60K/72 month full service as per schedule.

Includes:- Replace engine oil & oil filter.

Replace windscreen washer fluid.

Check all fluid levels & top up as required.

Inspect Battery for leaks, security of clamps & terminals.

Inspect cooling system, hoses & connections.

Inspect radiator & condenser for debris & signs of damage.

Inspect engine coolant.

Inspect air filter element.

Replace spark plugs.

Inspect charcoal canister.

Replace brake fluid.

Inspect brake pads & discs.

Check brake pipes & hoses.

Inspect fuel cap, fuel lines & connections.

Replace rear differential oil.

Inspect steering wheel, gear & linkages.

Inspect drive shafts including CV boots.

Inspect ball joints & dust covers.

Inspect wheel bearings.

Inspect wheel alignment.

Inspect front & rear suspension.

Inspect for under vehicle and under hood fluid leaks.

Check exhaust system for security & leaks.

Check all tyre pressures (including spare if equipped).

Check wheel rims for damage & tighten wheel nuts to correct torque.

Check operation of hand brake.

Check brake pedal travel.

Check operation of lights, horns, wipers & washers.

Check function of all warning lights.

Inspect glass and light lenses.

Replace pollen filter.

Check seat belts for damage & operation.

Check operation of alarm system.

Check installation of driver's floor mat.

Replace remote control Battery.

Reset OMMS.

Carry out wash & vacuum.

Carry out visual safety report.

3 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

You're almost right, it's the same as a normal major service except that at 6 years it includes iridium spark plugs, which turn out to be quite expensive when you factor in that there are 8 of them, plus labour.

6 year service is £800 (August price). My 2017 is due one next August. My service plan came to an end in August so before renewing it  I compared its price vs the individual cost of the next 3 services (6, 7 and 8 year) which the plan covers.

Incidentally, the spark plugs are a mileage (60k) only not age item in the service schedule, so before purchasing the plan I checked whether they would be changed regardless of mileage (mine is under 34k at the moment) as you would be paying for it. They assured me that they would be as it is a condition of the company who underwrite Relax. I will be keeping a very sharp eye on that!

£800 doesn't feel expensive to me as I have motorcycles. My BMW K1600gt will have its 18k service which is also £800. My previous bike for checking the valves alone (no other service) without them needing adjusting was around 900 and then 135 per hour for any adjustment plus the cost of shims!

26 minutes ago, Pielight said:

6 year service is £800 (August price). My 2017 is due one next August. My service plan came to an end in August so before renewing it  I compared its price vs the individual cost of the next 3 services (6, 7 and 8 year) which the plan covers.

Incidentally, the spark plugs are a mileage (60k) only not age item in the service schedule, so before purchasing the plan I checked whether they would be changed regardless of mileage (mine is under 34k at the moment) as you would be paying for it. They assured me that they would be as it is a condition of the company who underwrite Relax. I will be keeping a very sharp eye on that!

Yeah I did mine this year in June and it was £800. I wanted to wait until 60k miles to do the plugs, but the dealership told me it would affect the warranty, same as you. In the end I caved and let them get on with it, although I do slightly regret it as those iridium plugs are proven to go 100k miles with ease, but as least I can show all the proper servicing has been done.

5 minutes ago, BillNick said:

If you take out the Gold membership on here, you will get 10% off servicing repairs and parts at most main dealer branches.

My local isn't part of that - so I just did a long service plan simply to fix the rates at current pricing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Yeah I did mine this year in June and it was £800. I wanted to wait until 60k miles to do the plugs, but the dealership told me it would affect the warranty, same as you. In the end I caved and let them get on with it, although I do slightly regret it as those iridium plugs are proven to go 100k miles with ease, but as least I can show all the proper servicing has been done.

Yes it does seem very wasteful. My gsf will have only reached around 38k when it goes for 60k service. I'll probably ask them to defer the plugs until a later service in the plan. The service schedule is very clear that plug changes are mileage and not age related, so I don't know what grounds they would have to decline a claim.

20 hours ago, Pielight said:

I don't know what grounds they would have to decline a claim

The Scheduled Maintenance Log, which (confusingly) contradicts the manual:

image.thumb.png.ee384cabf412464df4fa1aa47c8cdec6.png

Although it does make reference on other pages to the "Federal Emission Control Warranty" which is a US thing. I'm not totally clear on whether this applies in the UK, but wouldn't be surprised, as we obviously have more stringent emissions requirements than the US.

Bring this up with a Lexus dealer and they will just say changing the plugs it's part of the service schedule (which they receive directly from Lexus). You can try to ask in more detail, but at least in my experience, they don't know. The only thing I got was them asking the "warranty adviser" or someone, who just said "it may affect the warranty". Maybe you'll have better luck, but I feel like they are just reluctant to go into detail about this kinda stuff, so it's hard to get any solid information.

I find it a shame that we are almost forced into changing some parts early, while other things that should get changed more often are set for unrealistically long schedules (like transmission fluid, coolant, even engine oil).

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links