Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4 years and bye

Well 4 years with my Mesa Red IS300h and I've now move on to this..

914684954_MyStingermodded.thumb.jpg.ce7cc35a0c15dca6243ffeccaed74ed4.jpg

Er, its a Kia.... Stinger 3.3 Twin turbo.

Must say that the amount of toys this thing has makes the Lexus look a little poor by comparison.

Quality wise. I'm impressed, and this thing is seriously fast.

Vince

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Vince Donald said:

Must say that the amount of toys this thing has makes the Lexus look a little poor by comparison.

Vince

Is300h is definitely not a car for petrolheads. I'm coming from a 330d and I'm also quite disappointed with some stuff. The only thing Lexus can't be beat is at reliability.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrunoLeal said:

Is300h is definitely not a car for petrolheads. I'm coming from a 330d and I'm also quite disappointed with some stuff. The only thing Lexus can't be beat is at reliability.

as a former audi a4 owner that cost me thousands in repairs ££££ reliability is a must now lol 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Riccccccardo said:

as a former audi a4 owner that cost me thousands in repairs ££££ reliability is a must now lol 

Indeed. I've opted for this Lexus as I had already 6 points on my license for speeding and I needed something less enthusiastic to drive...😬

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Vince Donald said:

Vince

ive heard a mixed bag with these I was following the usa yellow paint flakking off issue that kia covered for free as they painted the car to thin. also alot of critic re fake vents lol hows the pull/speed? and 0 to 60 speed?

1 hour ago, Riccccccardo said:

ive heard a mixed bag with these I was following the usa yellow paint flakking off issue that kia covered for free as they painted the car to thin. also alot of critic re fake vents lol hows the pull/speed? and 0 to 60 speed?

I've seen criticism of the fake vents, mainly those on the bonnet, doesn't detract the looks IMHO if anything it breaks up the huge bonnet.  The other obvious vents around the front wheels are there to do some work.

Obviously the smoothness of the auto box can never match the Lexus due to how the Lexus works but it is a good 8 speed box.

0-60 is supposed to be 4.7s and the few times I've planted my foot, I can very well believe it, its quite staggering how fast it pulls.

365bhp & 376lb-ft (about 510Nm) so it pulls just the same to overtake something as well, really gonna have to take it steady to keep a points free license.

But it is set up as a Grand Tourer, only after lockdown end will I find out how good it is at munching the miles, something the Lexus was extremely good at.

Vince

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vince Donald said:

Vince

Nice car! Hope you enjoy it. It will certainly be more fun than an IS300h!!

I do like these. Difficult to beat bang for buck and something different to the usual German machines that fill the streets and car parks. 

• Like 3

I know this is subjective but I Kia Stinger always looked like real mess for me (just design wise), I appreciate that the looks is personal thing and there are many people who may like it. When it comes to toys it is not exceptional either, even compared to Kia own range.

But... considering above is funny when people say Lexus won't bring IS350/RC350/GS350 to UK market because it would not sell any. I think there is that market for ~5s cars, but not outright weapons like "F" cars.

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

When it comes to toys it is not exceptional either, even compared to Kia own range.

Certainly better spec'd than an IS - multi-adjustable seats, HUD, 360 deg monitor, heated rear seats, power boot etc.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Vince Donald said:

Vince

Main thing is that you are happy with it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Vince Donald said:

I've seen criticism of the fake vents, mainly those on the bonnet, doesn't detract the looks IMHO if anything it breaks up the huge bonnet.  The other obvious vents around the front wheels are there to do some work.

Obviously the smoothness of the auto box can never match the Lexus due to how the Lexus works but it is a good 8 speed box.

0-60 is supposed to be 4.7s and the few times I've planted my foot, I can very well believe it, its quite staggering how fast it pulls.

365bhp & 376lb-ft (about 510Nm) so it pulls just the same to overtake something as well, really gonna have to take it steady to keep a points free license.

But it is set up as a Grand Tourer, only after lockdown end will I find out how good it is at munching the miles, something the Lexus was extremely good at.

Vince

Conclusion your fuel bill is gonna get hammered hard! lol ive been averaging 32 mpg with mixed spirted driving motorway and local roughly 22 miles a day 5 days a week £43 a week even though last week I did £33 I think im getting used to coasting the car for the electric motors to kick in.

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

Certainly better spec'd than an IS - multi-adjustable seats, HUD, 360 deg monitor, heated rear seats, power boot etc.

First of all what we comparing? Kia Stinger GTS (3.3tt) vs. Lexus IS300h (entry level poverty line)? - clearly that is not valid comparison, because not only Kia is not a Lexus (like VW is not an Audi, or for that matter Toyota is not Lexus), but as well KIA Stinger GTS is top of the line model ~ comparable with IS350 F-Sport with Premium Package (US price wise).

Secondly, not only you comparing 2018 model year Kia with 2013 Model year Lexus, but HUD and 360 Deg Cameras only became standard in 2020 "face-lift" (called "the new" Stinger)... do you see an issue here? Certainly car released in 2018 and face-lifted in 2020 will have better base spec. compared to 2013 car. 

So, for similar price Lexus certainly includes "multi-adjustable seats" and as well Lexus offers LSS+ from 2017 (if I am not mistaken). Heated rear seats- is that really a valuable option? So whole "better spec'd" argument is not as clear cut as you make it.

I do agree that Korean cars seems to come with all "bells and whistles" as they trying very hard to compete on "all boxes ticked" challenge, but comparing it to 2013 Lexus spec just not valid. As such - considering project lifecycle the comparison we should be making is with new "mk3.5" IS350 F-Sport and not with 8 years old IS300h base spec. 

• Like 1

Remind me never to post a pic of what I move onto so Linas can rip it a new one.

Sod it, too late happened in 2018. Vince enjoy your beast, makes my 340i look last generation (yeah I get it is :wink3:). That Stinger is a lovely looking car, goes like stink, great value and a seven year warranty - what's not to like . 

1903297927_20181004_114311(1).jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Remind me never to post a pic of what I move onto so Linas can rip it a new one.

What is your issue? If you post the picture and say you love the looks, it is not unreasonable to expect that there are someone who don't.

I didn't say it is a bad car or bad choice, just said that I personally don't like the looks of it - I don't need to pretend it like it if I don't... right?! I know that many people hate how newer Lexus looks - RC for example... like recently one well known youtuber compared it to crasher IS-F and said that RC-F "had an accident from a factory"... and that is fine - "beauty is in the eye of beholder".

I understand such bickering by teenagers on social media where everyone are by default in "snowflake mode" nowadays, and all the comments are allowed as long as they are positive, but it seems that most of us are grown-up man here... so it is strange to see such sensitivity when someone has different opinion.

btw, my post is not directed at OP, as he didn't have issue with my opinion (yet). 

11 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

What is your issue? If you post the picture and say you love the looks, it is not unreasonable to expect that there are someone who don't.

I didn't say it is a bad car or bad choice, just said that I personally don't like the looks of it - I don't need to pretend it like it if I don't... right?! I know that many people hate how newer Lexus looks - RC for example... like recently one well known youtuber compared it to crasher IS-F and said that RC-F "had an accident from a factory"... and that is fine - "beauty is in the eye of beholder".

I understand such bickering by teenagers on social media where everyone are by default in "snowflake mode" nowadays, and all the comments are allowed as long as they are positive, but it seems that most of us are grown-up man here... so it is strange to see such sensitivity when someone has different opinion.

btw, my post is not directed at OP, as he didn't have issue with my opinion (yet). 

There are basic manners when someone posts a new car thread. If you felt the need to criticise (and you are continuing to do just that) perhaps you should have kept your thoughts to yourself. Just saying like. 

• Like 3

Me not liking it is not criticism, saying it is ugly, would be criticism... I guess you can take "real mess" as synonym to ugly, but that is you making assumption. I don't think Kia Stinger is ugly I just don't understand it's design, I don't understand what they tried to achieve... I guess they tried to create a characteristic and recognisable brand design, but I just don't see it. There are just bunch of shapes, gills, grills, lines, lights, details... seemingly in random places. None of them are ugly, but overall they do not make consistent and cohesive design and I consider it messy. 

If they tried to be different then I guess they achieved it, but whenever that is good thing or not, that is another question... I guess the question the owners answers with their wallet. 

If you want to get upset about it... then go ahead, but that is not about my manners, or me offending you, but just because you like to take offence out of anything and this was good excuse to do so.

16 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

but just because you like to take offence out of anything and this was good excuse to do so.

Yes mate, I'm the one routinely taking offence out of anything :wacko: I've hardly posted in months but please point me towards any posts that have done just that...then apologise.  

• Like 1

You certainly have not offended me... ever, as I generally do not take offence from random people on the internet.

It is just kind of funny that you started your "first post in months" by having a rant of how offensive an poor mannered I am, just because I don't understand design language of Kia Stinger and do not outright fall dead from how gorgeous it is.

Clearly you're offended at me pointing out your poor manners and are now accusing me of 'liking to take offence'. That's a hell of a reaction to some 'random person on the Internet'. 

As I said its bad manners, try it elsewhere and you'd have more than me in your ear. 

ps read my post...I didn't say "first post"...simply that I've hardly posted. 

• Like 1

Linas, isnt this a community for people interested in Lexus motorcars in particular and all other automotive topics in general? A place with a lot of automotive knowledge and enthusiasm for cars in general? A place where people enthusiastically present their new car or the way they restore it or a place where maintenance is discussed? A place for everybody to speak the Lexus car language with alike minds, you mostly feel connected with each other because of the interests you share. I am not disputing your knowledge about Lexus in general or your enthusiasm about the marque but the way you enter and follow through discussions sometimes seems more you are taking part in a debating club where debates are there for the sake of and are there to win regardless off.

just saying..  

Great Stinger by the way.

• Like 1

Well, you specifically mentioned me, so I felt like I need to respond to it... there is not reaction to it or offence, I was just surprised that you felt a need to rant about it. 

Me keeping thing to myself - sorry, that is not going to happen, that is the way I am. If I love it will tell that I love it, if I hate it then I tell that I hate it. If somebody gets offended - that is their problem.

@dutchie01 and your point is? Yes sometimes I have discussion for a sake of it and I tend to discuss off-topic. So?

10 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Well, you specifically mentioned me, so I felt like I need to respond to it... there is not reaction to it or offence, I was just surprised that you felt a need to rant about it. 

Me keeping thing to myself - sorry, that is not going to happen, that is the way I am. If I love it will tell that I love it, if I hate it then I tell that I hate it. If somebody gets offended - that is their problem.

@dutchie01 and your point is? Yes sometimes I have discussion for a sake of it and I tend to discuss off-topic. 

Such aggression. Its always Interesting to read why people move on and more importantly what they move into. I can remember the excitement on here when the IS300h first came out. Personally I wouldn't dream of criticising their choice when changing, that isn't the point of the thread but saying his new car looks 'a real mess' , criticise his comment about toys then go on a rant about why it doesn't compare to the IS300h anyway is crass, pure and simple. 

• Like 2

I think you already made your self clear - I don't like you either, but I am happy to co-exist just in case you come with some facts or valuable opinion from time to time (which you do... from time to time).

What I found crass is everyone sugar-coating somebodies decision to buy a new car without any objective reason and without any opinion - "ohhh somebody got a new car, let's go and congratulate them no matter what, just for sake of it!" So I rather have my honest opinion, rather than go around congratulating people all over the place with fake smile.

Again... I have not criticised the choice. New owner got it, likes it, the looks is not an issue, or the owner may actually love the looks and that is fine. Seems like you don't understand what criticism actually means. That I don't like the looks that is my opinion (don't care what you think), that car equipment is good, but not expectational is just a fact.

I think here I will end, because clearly I will not please you (not that I would even try anyway).

@Vince Donald - if my opinion sounded offensive, I just wanted to say I didn't mean to offend. I know many people absolutely loves how Kia Stinger looks, but I just never understood that. But it does not matter what I think, what matter is that you like the car and I hope you will enjoy it.

Regarding my comments about equipment - all Kia cars are generally very well equipped and Stinger is no exception, but comparison with much older IS300h is just not possible. New cars will always have more toys... it is just general trend.

What would be interesting to know is whenever you would have considered say new IS350 if that would be an option in UK, but maybe this is topic for another time as it seems I have inadvertently turned this thread toxic.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links