Ozzay

Full Tank Everytime (Local or Not)  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do you full tank your car everytime

• YES
    • NO

15 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

isn't that racy? 

and didn't they also make the " go faster " sporty, racy coupe Marina ?

Malc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Malc said:

coupe Marina

can't even trace any Marina on the Classic Car sites BUT I can the Ital, wasn't that it's new go faster racy name at the end ?

Malc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Malc said:

and didn't they also make the " go faster " sporty, racy coupe Marina ?

Malc

The so called "coupe" was more like hatchback, but this looks racy for me:

Remembering the Morris Marina - Influx

Although, I have no clue as I was not even conceived for at least another 30years after this car hit the streets (and race tracks).

• Like 2

I watched an episode of Top Gear the other day where the three presenters drove the cars their Dad had. Brought back memories for me. It was quite poignant. I had driving lessons in an Austin 1100 - lots of driving schools ran them. I also was taught by my Dad in his Mk2 Cortina 1300. 

After passing my test (second attempt) I was allowed to drive his Cortina and his van. A Ford 400E Thames 15 cwt, three speed gearbox - vacuum wipers - no seatbelts - drum brakes no assistance with braking or steering. The starter button was behind the driver's seat, as was the choke and 12v Battery

I bought my first a year later for £50. Ford Anglia (Harry Potter) 1 litre. Bought a Pye Auto Reverse Cassette player to go in it, that cost £40! 

Cortina Mk2.jpg

Ford 400E.jpg

Ford Anglia.jfif

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

The so called "coupe" was more like hatchback, but this looks racy for me:

That car is probably doing 10 mph to get into that shape, it is the camera that is going faster 😉 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Only Fools and Horses are so old that I saw the shows while still in Denmark. Suppose I can get all the TV shows that are seen for free in various countries when VPN is adjusted to that country. Fools and Horses still running?

First car was a Morris Marina 1300. Looked like this as far as I remember:

image.thumb.png.3d95d642d3f52886c0927496e7dfd544.png

I have had many cars also and now I try to run as environment friendly as I can to make up for all the pollution I have made in the past.

Yes, Only Fools and Horses is very old, its still on Sky UKGOLD, but I can still laugh, even knowing when the funny bits are coming...! I am sure other Forum members will agree with me... Or perhaps its just me...!

I had a Morris Marina 1300 when I was involved with resurfacing Greenham Common's airfield runway and taxiways in 1977. I will never forget the year because someone from the site office, came to find me, to say my wife had rung, and she wanted me to go home quickly...! No mobile phones in those days... I raced home to Didcot in my Morris Marina 1300, to take my wife to hospital and my son was born...!

My first four wheeled car was a Hillman Imp...

I am not very environmently friendly, as I flew my own helicopter for a few years...!

I will need to stop driving because of the pollution it made...

PA250027 copy.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ColinBarber said:

That car is probably doing 10 mph to get into that shape, it is the camera that is going faster 😉 

Wow... so are you saying it is so racy that it even makes camera move at the speed of more than 10 MPH?

2 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

Yes, Only Fools and Horses is very old, its still on Sky UKGOLD, but I can still laugh, even knowing when the funny bits are coming...! I am sure other Forum members will agree with me... Or perhaps its just me...!

I had a Morris Marina 1300 when I was involved with resurfacing Greenham Common's airfield runway and taxiways in 1977. I will never forget the year because someone from the site office, came to find me, to say my wife had rung, and she wanted me to go home quickly...! No mobile phones in those days... I raced home to Didcot in my Morris Marina 1300, to take my wife to hospital and my son was born...!

My first four wheeled car was a Hillman Imp...

I am not very environmently friendly, as I flew my own helicopter for a few years...!

I will need to stop driving because of the pollution it made...

PA250027 copy.JPG

Show us pics of the LC500. Have you still got it?

Blimey 1st cars and 2 cars mentioned here I've had a lot to do with. Learnt in the Austin 1100 for about 4 years (was very heavily into bikes so didn't bother with a test). My 1st car was a 1.3s Metro (changed the interior to MG spec and the MG zorst) had tons of fun in that. After that I had the Morris Marina 1.7. For the life of me I don't know why I got one but hey ho. I'm on car number 29 now lol

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

You are quite right Malc as regards the 1100/1300 but way off beam by describing the Marina as "racy"

Sure the one I had was a Morris 1300 and I think Marina was written on the rear, but sporty it was not; bought it used. Not even that long ago I would call it sporty. A friend of mine had a mini cooper and that was sporty. 10" wheels or not, acceleration was like a jet. It was a fun car. He never let me drive it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

one I had was a Morris 1300 and I think Marina was written on the rear

That was probably similar to nowadays - people sticking M-sport badges on anything they stick on... including WV Golfs 😁

2 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

That was probably similar to nowadays - people sticking M-sport badges on anything they stick on... including WV Golfs 😁

No the Morris 1100/1300 was a completely different car to the Morris Marina 1300.

6 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

No the Morris 1100/1300 was a completely different car to the Morris Marina 1300.

Are you saying one could not stick "Marina" badge on 1100/1300?

11 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Are you saying one could not stick "Marina" badge on 1100/1300?

Well you could stick on what you wanted but it would be like sticking an NX badge to an IS - it is pretty clear from the vehicle design that it isn't an NX.

• Like 1

If you think back to the start of Covid and the first lockdown fuel prices dropped through the floor to something like £1.00 a litre so I filled mine up.

Since then I have continued to top it up when it drops between 1/2 and 3/4 but on each occasion the cost has slowly been creeping back up. I think petrol is currently around £1.26 per litre now. Not checked but crude oil prices don’t seem to affect profit snatch backs.

My pet hate is the .9 on the pump prices £115.9 come on it’s £1.16, has anyone ever tried to put in exactly 10 litres for £11.59, the pumps jump 2p now instead of 1p if you even touch the trigger.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Well you could stick on what you wanted but it would be like sticking an NX badge to an IS - it is pretty clear from the vehicle design that it isn't an NX.

What about sticking m-sport badge on golf or audi... quite clearly they are no BMW, people still do it thought. 

2 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I think petrol is currently around £1.26 per litre now. Not checked but crude oil prices don’t seem to affect profit snatch backs.

You just made me realise how long ago I refuelled … the price last time I did it was 1.07... 

It is ridiculous that it is now 1.26 for no good reason what so ever. Well to be honest there is never good reason for fuel price as they are - just anti-democratic dictatorship and profiteering (80% of prices are tax anyway).

1 minute ago, Linas.P said:

What about sticking m-sport badge on golf or audi... quite clearly they are no BMW, people still do it thought. 

Ooh.....I could make mine a Celsior Ghia 4.0S 😀

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

You just made me realise how long ago I refuelled … the price last time I did it was 1.07... 

It is ridiculous that it is now 1.26 for no good reason what so ever. Well to be honest there is never good reason for fuel price as they are - just anti-democratic dictatorship and profiteering (80% of prices are tax anyway).

Fuel tax going up as usual. No mercy and it won't come back down. When E10 comes out I bet super unleaded prices hike as well

19 minutes ago, Ozzay said:

Fuel tax going up as usual. No mercy and it won't come back down. When E10 comes out I bet super unleaded prices hike as well

I thought it was frozen for almost last decade, did I missed something... have Sunak announced that in the recent budget?

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

One thing I know: I did not put the badge on it. I would not know from where to get it, and if that makes things better for some I may remember wrong. I was in 1970 or something like that. My first car. Expensive it was, for me then.

Searched the net for Morris Marina and the one I had does in no way look like the ones I can find.

56 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

Two attached of the Coupe, and two attached of the car coming to Cornwall on 27th March...

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

Lexus Edinburgh.jpg

I like the red one. Too bad the license plate is yellow. People making these have no taste at all.

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links