Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

2 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

Diesel is a nasty fuel, cancerous at that and lying governments said this stuff that belches out black soot is great for the environment and everyone went to buy them

Until an EXPERT says otherwise and Governments listen to them. Problem with all EXPERTS and their opinions, is that they may be completely wrong and only time will tell. Open debate and discussion died a long time ago in scientific research and within wider society. Now we only have polarised opinion and hate speech.

The problem with all facts and information is you may never know what you do not know or what may be hidden from you.  

Still, Lexus cars are wonderful to own and drive. 😁

15 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Until an EXPERT says otherwise and Governments listen to them. Problem with all EXPERTS and their opinions, is that they may be completely wrong and only time will tell. Open debate and discussion died a long time ago in scientific research and within wider society. Now we only have polarised opinion and hate speech.

The problem with all facts and information is you may never know what you do not know or what may be hidden from you.  

Still, Lexus cars are wonderful to own and drive. 😁

My problem with these experts is that they are paid off to sprout whatever nonsense drivel they want you to know but it's not PC to go against these narratives nowadays because there is a tin foil hat on your head if you do so - if you look at COVID, net zero and the energy crisis war. Way too much happening here for it to be a coincidence and the subsequent impact we are seeing to the economy and stocks is a direct result of this 

2 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

I don't know about Google, only from my visits to the dozens of shell outlets I have frequented in the previous years past, I always seem to notice diesel more expensive but took no notice as I never use it, even using the diesel fuel pump on a hire car once was an unpleasant experience, smelly and dirty.

Going back to Japan, and my previous comments. It's rank diesel and industrial fuels that are polluting the air, it's why Tokyo's air is so much better than other mega cities. Diesel is a nasty fuel, cancerous at that and lying governments said this stuff that belches out black soot is great for the environment and everyone went to buy them

Thanks for the comments Eric.

My view of diesel fuel does not accord with yours. Further discussion between us on this subject is unnecessary.

I do however have much sympathy with some of the views you have expressed in earlier conversations/Postings and would encourage you to continue to "plough your furrow" albeit in  a less than assertive manner.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks for the comments Eric.

My view of diesel fuel does not accord with yours. Further discussion between us on this subject is unnecessary.

I do however have much sympathy with some of the views you have expressed in earlier conversations/Postings and would encourage you to continue to "plough your furrow" albeit in  a less than assertive manner.

My views on the price of diesel seems to correlate with the apps I use to tell me the price of fuel in England, so not just my views but the views of the people in England who actually update fuel prices each time they pay a visit at a pump so apps get the latest price - that view has been that diesel has always been more expensive than petrol and for quite some time at that maybe not the gulf we see now but it was always a bit extra

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

As long as lobbyism is a legal way to bribe it is hard to believe experts (funny that they are former pert's (ex = former?) and what is a pert?), politicians and many other influencers.

😇

I think John you will find it's pronounced - x spurt - ie an unknown under pressure 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Moleman said:

Still, Lexus cars are wonderful to own and drive.

it's what I've been saying now for some 23 years 👍

Malc

and today in Newton Abbot Devon ... E10 at 152.9p and the E5 for me at 160.9p  at Sainsbury's  and whatever the Nectar points might be worth  on 70.8 ltrs 

Not seen it this not so expensive for a long long time 

Malc

On 10/11/2022 at 6:24 PM, First_Lexus said:

Strange goings on in Reading (Calcot). For the past few months the Sainsbury store and the nearby BP have matched each other for petrol price, with the BP often a penny or two cheaper.

Today, Sainsbury is at £1.54 for unleaded. BP has INCREASED its price to £1.62!

Strange…🤔

I think I’ve realised what’s going on. Received an email from Costco - their new filling station in Reading is now open…

…unleaded £1.49 per litre.

I can only assume Sainsbury are trying to react to the new competition.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

That orange light is annoying me again

always found when my orange light appears there's about 100 miles left in her

Malc

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

I think I’ve realised what’s going on. Received an email from Costco - their new filling station in Reading is now open…

…unleaded £1.49 per litre.

I can only assume Sainsbury are trying to react to the new competition.

Looking at petrolprices.com Sainsbury's now stands out being some 6p or more cheaper for E10 than everyone else in the area - will be interesting what impact Costco Reading has as it sits in the middle of so many fuel stations. 

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

always found when my orange light appears there's about 100 miles left in her

Malc

I dont know if I will be brave enough to get 100 miles but I am good for at least 60 miles when it does come on, who knows maybe 100. I know this because there is a 65L tank and when you do brim it when the light is on there is still a good chunk left over, I only put in 50ish litres so over 10L reserve or so

1 hour ago, wharfhouse said:

Looking at petrolprices.com Sainsbury's now stands out being some 6p or more cheaper for E10 than everyone else in the area - will be interesting what impact Costco Reading has as it sits in the middle of so many fuel stations. 

Costco has E5 also, which could be a draw - not sure if Sainsburys do

6 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

Costco has E5 also, which could be a draw - not sure if Sainsburys do

I use E5 97 now at Sainsbury’s - the car doesn't require it but it's only around 5% more expensive than E10 and delivers more than that in improved mpg. Will have to see what Costco E5 is and may get Costco membership again... 

1 minute ago, wharfhouse said:

I use E5 97 now at Sainsbury’s - the car doesn't require it but it's only around 5% more expensive than E10 and delivers more than that in improved mpg. Will have to see what Costco E5 is and may get Costco membership again... 

Didn't know Sains did E5, Costco membership is good without the petrol tbh, we probably fill out the boot every couple of months. Shopping can get rather expensive there however so try not go too much 

4 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

Didn't know Sains did E5, Costco membership is good without the petrol tbh, we probably fill out the boot every couple of months. Shopping can get rather expensive there however so try not go too much 

Sainsbury's uplift for E5 over E10 is one of the lowest % I've found amongst all brands and the fuel seems to burn well in my car - better mpg by up to 10% and smoother running - especially at low revs - than their E10.

We used to have membership of Costco but flip flopped between not using it a lot and then buying too much (or buying unplanned things) when we did shop there...! Worth a look again with the petrol prices there now though - if we can show restraint doing the shopping...!

3 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

Sainsbury's uplift for E5 over E10 is one of the lowest % I've found amongst all brands and the fuel seems to burn well in my car - better mpg by up to 10% and smoother running - especially at low revs - than their E10.

We used to have membership of Costco but flip flopped between not using it a lot and then buying too much (or buying unplanned things) when we did shop there...! Worth a look again with the petrol prices there now though - if we can show restraint doing the shopping...!

With Costco you need to be careful as you can very easily go nuts shopping, you need a Clear idea of what you need... Ie no 65 inch OLED TV and no freezer with integrated ice unit and display panel.

I only ever use E5 and never ever get E10, this is going back to my Lexus days. The higher octane fuel runs better, throttle response is better and generally speaking the car just shifts better and doesn't have any issues whatsoever, my Subaru is moving into 140k miles and you need to pop the bonnet to hear it on idle. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Didn't know Sains did E5,

Often find a big Sainsbury does 97 octane E5  likewise a big Tesco with 99 octane  and a Morrisons at 97 octane

The uplift yesterday ? in the Newton Abbott Sainsbury E5 price was 8p at 160.9  I'll be filling up there again before i go home............... 210 miles today to Penzance, where everywhere E10 ranged between 168.9 and 179.9 ....  it's crass ............  around a bit and back to our borrowed des res in Devon ................ more local trips tomorrow methinks .....  it's a little tiring even tho, it's blissful motoring .......... just all these dreadful roadworks and bad mannered other drivers ......  all non-Lexus tho' of course 🧐

Malc

9 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Often find a big Sainsbury does 97 octane E5  likewise a big Tesco with 99 octane  and a Morrisons at 97 octane

The uplift yesterday ? in the Newton Abbott Sainsbury E5 price was 8p at 160.9  I'll be filling up there again before i go home............... 210 miles today to Penzance, where everywhere E10 ranged between 168.9 and 179.9 ....  it's crass ............  around a bit and back to our borrowed des res in Devon ................ more local trips tomorrow methinks .....  it's a little tiring even tho, it's blissful motoring .......... just all these dreadful roadworks and bad mannered other drivers ......  all non-Lexus tho' of course 🧐

Malc

One of the good things about a Lexus barge is you are insulated from the crap going on in the outside world, the higher up the barge the more 'presidential' the feeling. Its why I wouldn’t really hesitate to get a LS460 but I heard bad things about that ABS pump – Until my body packs in with 3 pedals it won’t happen yet however

19 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

blimey, your E5 is 18p ltr dearer than mine

That's disgraceful

Malc

I agree, they can charge what they like, can't they. Nearest Costco to me are in Southampton and I'm not going to fill up there much as it's only so often I go there, Bristol has no fuel 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links