Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

20 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

So, the various governments are financing the EV transition by paying the automotive industry?

Simply put, we are being conned. There is no climate change crisis

So if there is no crisis why the desperation to get EVs, it's no great coincidence that COVID and this mass panic towards EVs have occurred after the leaders of the leading government's met in New York in 2019 to dish out the sustainability agenda for 2030. It's just that they are not telling you things you are not supposed to know.

If you want a balanced view of the environment see what William Happer, (professor of physics at Princeton) or Patrick Moore (ex Greenpeace founder) have got to say.

They will say, there is no emergency

One of the greatest minds was Einstein, he said he always questioned everything.

Do you?

1 hour ago, toffee_pie said:

So if there is no crisis why the desperation to get EVs, it's no great coincidence that COVID and this mass panic towards EVs have occurred after the leaders of the leading government's met in New York in 2019 to dish out the sustainability agenda for 2030. It's just that they are not telling you things you are not supposed to know.

If you want a balanced view of the environment see what William Happer, (professor of physics at Princeton) or Patrick Moore (ex Greenpeace founder) have got to say.

One of the greatest minds was Einstein, he said he always questioned everything.

Do you?

Well i think i do, but maybe we reach different conclusions? Following your line of thought i struggle in finding the practicality of it. The current investment in the automotive world on EV transition is roughly 600 Billion Euro and rising and just how can this be financed through governments with tax payers money under the table. How can this be kept out of the open? Also not sure if Moore and Harper are the most reliable source of info..

15 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

The current investment in the automotive world on EV transition is roughly 600 Billion Euro

woweeee ..........  that just about matches the Russia Reserves in Gold and Chinese yuan these days  ..  hope it's all going that way and will go up in a puff of electric overheating fumes supplemented with the V8 combustion chambers of a few million Lexii :thumbsup:

Malc

4 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

How can this be kept out of the open

Government's done a good job of turning covid 19 into a visa requirement scheme one could say.  Politicians are not to be trusted

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Also not sure if Moore and Harper are the most reliable source of info..

I would sooner trust them than the 'experts' you read about. Governments the world over pay the IPCC and local scientists to spoon feed the scaremongering you are reading - in the same way Bill Gates funds the British Government (and therefore the BBC) so all the covid stuff on the news 24,7 was funded by Gates and big pharma. And before you say where is your tin foil hat -- its a fact. There are FOI requests to the Government and they have admitted such.

56 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

… in the same way Bill Gates funds the British Government (and therefore the BBC) so all the covid stuff on the news 24,7 was funded by Gates and big pharma. And before you say where is your tin foil hat -- its a fact. There are FOI requests to the Government and they have admitted such.

For those of us - possibly the majority- who have so far managed to remain untouched by these claims - or facts, as you style them - I’d be obliged if you could provide the source evidence for them.

By ‘evidence’ I mean the original documentation or video, rather than someone simply repeating the allegation, which is sometimes confused with ‘evidence’.

Many thanks.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LenT said:

For those of us - possibly the majority- who have so far managed to remain untouched by these claims - or facts, as you style them - I’d be obliged if you could provide the source evidence for them.

By ‘evidence’ I mean the original documentation or video, rather than someone simply repeating the allegation, which is sometimes confused with ‘evidence’.

Many thanks.

The scientists and experts you have read from SAGE and many other about covid with these inaccurate inflated scaremongering figures have been funded - likewise for climate change - it’s this propaganda that has allowed things to end up the way they are - Propaganda. 

Turn the clock back to 2015... was the world any different than now? it wasn’t - the only difference is what information you are told by government agencies.

Like I said a few times, billions of lithium batteries will be mined in the future, tens of billions for cobalt and other minerals, how exactly is this beneficial for the environment? Add the fossil fuels for manufacturing them - EVs are basically moving from mechanical to semiconductor or solid-state devices - TSMC in Taiwan uses as much electricity as three million households every year and it will go up, as will other semiconductor plants around the world to churn out all the ICs needed to make main boards and ICs in the future - More fossil fuel to charge hundreds of millions of EVs around the word....saving the planet.

Furthermore, it hasn’t escaped my attention, I don't know about you or others but its alarming how quickly this decommission of combustion cars has occurred - likewise with covid ID schemes passed around getting legal status. There was no public opinion, no voting - nada, it just happened.

The governments are not to be trusted, the sleaze and corruption going on among them is rife, and not just in England. If anyone needs to be told they need to open their eyes a bit, Einstein did.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LenT said:

Many thanks.

You dont believe that Bill Gates funds the British Governnment?  This is going off tangent here but ..

0Q6kalz.jpg

53 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

The scientists and experts you have read from SAGE and many other about covid with these inaccurate inflated scaremongering figures have been funded - likewise for climate change - it’s this propaganda that has allowed things to end up the way they are - Propaganda. 

Turn the clock back to 2015... was the world any different than now? it wasn’t - the only difference is what information you are told by government agencies.

Like I said a few times, billions of lithium batteries will be mined in the future, tens of billions for cobalt and other minerals, how exactly is this beneficial for the environment? Add the fossil fuels for manufacturing them - EVs are basically moving from mechanical to semiconductor or solid-state devices - TSMC in Taiwan uses as much electricity as three million households every year and it will go up, as will other semiconductor plants around the world to churn out all the ICs needed to make main boards and ICs in the future - More fossil fuel to charge hundreds of millions of EVs around the word....saving the planet.

Furthermore, it hasn’t escaped my attention, I don't know about you or others but its alarming how quickly this decommission of combustion cars has occurred - likewise with covid ID schemes passed around getting legal status. There was no public opinion, no voting - nada, it just happened.

The governments are not to be trusted, the sleaze and corruption going on among them is rife, and not just in England. If anyone needs to be told they need to open their eyes a bit, Einstein did.

Thank you for this, Eric.  I have two main problems with it:

1:  It seems to be primarily opinion, not evidence.

2: More importantly, it appears to be in response to questions I didn't actually ask.

For the sake of clarity, this is the content of your original post that was the subject of my question:

1 hour ago, LenT said:

… in the same way Bill Gates funds the British Government (and therefore the BBC) so all the covid stuff on the news 24,7 was funded by Gates and big pharma. And before you say where is your tin foil hat -- its a fact. There are FOI requests to the Government and they have admitted such.

In reply, as evidence of your claim that 'Bill Gates funds the British Government (and therefore the BBC)' you have offered this:

0Q6kalz.jpg

This is actually an acknowledgement of a charitable donation to what is called BBC Media Action.  This is a link to the current Annual Report.

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/mediaaction/annualreports/2020-2021.pdf

As you will see, it is an international charity working in international development and supporting independent media to further democracy across 23 countries.

In 2019/20 the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation  donated £1,569K to this charity.  Although very welcome, I hardly think it qualifies as 'Funding the British Government'.  In fact, on that basis, you should be more nervous of the donations provided by:

Global Affairs Canada (£1,642K); UN Development Programme (£2,402K); European Union (£3,199K) and that hot-bed of intrigue, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (£3,383K).  

I suggest that this hardly supports the claim that the Gates' Foundation is supporting the BBC or - indeed - 'all the covid stuff on the news'.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Back on topic. Anyones wild guess where this is going? What will the price per litre be in 2 - 4 weeks time??

Well it was £1.46 for a litre of petrol a few miles from me (Sainsburys supermarket) but £1.66 for a litre for petrol a few miles from me in the other direction (at both a Shell station and an Esso station - this wasn't on the motorway, just in a small town) - there are some filling stations really gouging it... At the motorway services a few miles from me petrol is £1.77 a litre... Now the £1.50 barrier has been broken I wouldn't be surprised to see £2.00 a litre at e.g. the motorway services in the next few weeks...

25 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Back on topic. Anyones wild guess where this is going? What will the price per litre be in 2 - 4 weeks time??

£1.50 a litre with some quick and rapid supply normality, hopefully ensuing from the ...........

.....with the demise of Putin imminent .....  either as bullet thru' his head by one of his immediate circle, or perhaps some other brave close soul .........  his wife or children possibly .......... or indeed like the the fate of Gaddaffi, Saddam Hussein or heaven to praise ..... Ceaucsceau ...  that hopefully awaits this madman, from within his own immediate circle with their teenage children, lads conscripted to face certain death in these coming few days or weeks

His fate is assured ...  just that we cannot know when ........ BUT it is assured

Malc

• Like 1

Maybe we will see fuel rationing if we stop buying Russian oil.

Personally I would rather the car sat on the drive than knowingly use Russian oil, but my car usage is mainly pleasure. I appreciate others don't have that luxury and high fuel costs will add to financial hardship.

• Like 1

Seems like diesel prices are rising more sharply than petrol. The price difference is now in the 10-20p range instead of the usual 5p or less.

Filled my work vehicle this morning at £1.75.9/l - a 6p increase on the day before. E10 petrol on the same forecourt was £1.59.9/l.

25 minutes ago, Malc said:

£1.50 a litre with some quick and rapid supply normality, hopefully ensuing from the ...........

.....with the demise of Putin imminent .....  either as bullet thru' his head by one of his immediate circle, or perhaps some other brave close soul .........  his wife or children possibly .......... or indeed like the the fate of Gaddaffi, Saddam Hussein or heaven to praise ..... Ceaucsceau ...  that hopefully awaits this madman, from within his own immediate circle with their teenage children, lads conscripted to face certain death in these coming few days or weeks

His fate is assured ...  just that we cannot know when ........ BUT it is assured

Malc

I dont see a quick return to normality Malc. Russia is the petrolstation of the world and taking them out of the loop will create havoc on the world energy markets as you now see happening. I also do not see a quick end to the war as Russia seems to destroy itself and Nato and the USA are likely not to believe their eyes. Russian army a joke, Russia economically imploding and Nato all of a sudden stronger than ever. Some will like to extend that momentum until Russia is at its knees and then yes Putin will be gone.  I expect petrol to jump to new records on a daily basis for at least another 2 weeks.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

I expect petrol to jump to new records on a daily basis for at least another 2 weeks.

you're sadly, probably correct BUT I do think that as soon as Putin is despatched there will be a fairly rapid return to some sort of " normality " .............. whatever that may be 

Malc

• Like 2

On 3/7/2022 at 2:53 PM, toffee_pie said:

Do you?

I also don't believe there's an "emergency" If you asked most people when records began, most wouldn't have a clue, they would think hundreds of years rather than 120 years. I've also been very sceptical about Bill Gates comments until I watched him at a meeting a couple of weeks ago saying "sadly Omicron has created immunity in the population" Sadly? He's also a major sponsor of the BBC, it's on their website! I suggest more people get a balanced view and watch things like UK Column news and Talk Radio as well as mainstream news.

19 minutes ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

Won’t affect me, only put £20 a time 🙃

It won't be long before that only gets you 10 litres!

1 hour ago, Las Palmas said:

Today filled the car:

1.42€ Super V 98 Shell.

What?? Sorry John but that sound incredibly cheap to me 1 litre of 98 in Holland goes for Euro 2.52/ltr at the moment!

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

What?? Sorry John but that sound incredibly cheap to me 1 litre of 98 in Holland goes for Euro 2.52/ltr at the moment!

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

I cant help but look at this trajectory and imagine how Government's have everything going on track for the UNECE 2030 Development Strategy 

and 

New diesel rules coming into effect in weeks is a 'money grab' - costs set to 'skyrocket'

NEW DIESEL changes coming within weeks is a "nice money grab" which will see ordinary road users used as a "cash machine", according to angry Express readers.

The Governments relentless drive for people to get EVs is absolute - so going back to what I was asked by someone, do Governments have a secret agenda to roll out EVs -- you dont need to be Einstein to figure it out. And its not for the Environment - control and Identity is what they want

u3WyYlE.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links