Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I'll mainly be moaning about ...

Steve

24 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

Speaking of Reliants....seen one of these on the Edinburgh City Bypass this morning.

338392104_ArarityinBritainthesedays!.thumb.jpg.591f09bb4beb31c4123a3340a4b20f0c.jpg

A Kitten. Only 80 still left on the road it seems. Was quite shocking how small and vulnerable it looked in the high winds compared to the rest of the traffic. 😃

I’ve always liked small and slightly odd cars.

Minis are my first love, but also keen on Hillman Imps and Reliant three-wheelers (ideally the 1970s Robin). It’s a good job they never made them with automatic transmission otherwise I’m pretty sure I’d have at least one in my garage…😆…as over the years I’ve had plenty of automatic Minis! 

In more recent times the original Smart always appealed. I’ve been close to buying on more than one occasion but the stars have never quite aligned - lucky for me you might say! If I had a barn I’d happily have a Smart Crossblade for sunny Summer fun.

What do you mean you think I need therapy? It’s everybody else, not me!

image.jpeg.afe199b4c3c6dfef285a6dcbc6701264.jpeg

• Like 1

can't believe Trump is openly praising the actions of Putin  ...... thank God Trump isn't around ....  he'd have either bombed the Kremlin or sent some interflora stuff  ........  both of a similar mindset methinks ....  Hitler'esque, dangerous and totally off their rockers .....  looney , mad in the extreme

Just an uninformed opinion tho'

Malc

6 minutes ago, Malc said:

can't believe Trump is openly praising the actions of Putin  ...... thank God Trump isn't around ....  he'd have either bombed the Kremlin or sent some interflora stuff  ........  both of a similar mindset methinks ....  Hitler'esque, dangerous and totally off their rockers .....  looney , mad in the extreme

Just an uninformed opinion tho'

Malc

So disappointing that people over here keep being fed a completely distorted view of what actually was said. Look it up, see for yourself and stop being played like an old fiddle 🙄

I'm no old fiddle, nor a young one either  ....  and I can't be bothered looking all that Trump crap up ..  I believe all and anything detrimental about Trump .  he's barmy, like Putin, like Hitler too I'm sure

Sure someone close to Putin will " take him out " unless Putin's already taken that close ally out beforehand ...  bit like Putin arranged with those poor souls in Salisbury 

And is what I read likely to be true that Putin is the 9th richest guy in the world ?  Well, let's hope that changes pronto too somehow eh !

Bring on all the sanctions possible .....  root and branch search to get at 'em all methinks

Malc

I'll help if asked, a freebie too :wink3:

Today will be complaining about 30 minute News programmes..... in the past in the 30 minutes  six to eight different items/topics were covered. Then came 30 minutes of only one item...Brexit, Covid, Partygate, and now Ukraine....Does it really need 4 reporters scattered around Ukraine, 1 in Moscow, 1 in Brussels, 1 in Washington, 1 at the UN plus numerous experts in the studio??

Rant over

Does Lyse Doucet have it written into her contract that every time she appears on screen she will be introduced as 'Chief International Correspondent'? Clive Myrie does it all the time, usually just after he's pronounced Kyiv as a one syllable word.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stepheneric said:

Today will be complaining about 30 minute News programmes..... in the past in the 30 minutes  six to eight different items/topics were covered. Then came 30 minutes of only one item...Brexit, Covid, Partygate, and now Ukraine....Does it really need 4 reporters scattered around Ukraine, 1 in Moscow, 1 in Brussels, 1 in Washington, 1 at the UN plus numerous experts in the studio??

Rant over

Well the BBC has 2000 + journalists /reporters etc what else would you have them do 😂

51 minutes ago, Dippo said:

Does Lyse Doucet have it written into her contract that every time she appears on screen she will be introduced as 'Chief International Correspondent'? Clive Myrie does it all the time, usually just after he's pronounced Kyiv as a one syllable word.

It is? 🤔

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

Well the BBC has 2000 + journalists /reporters etc

Hover around to sing the praises of the amazing person that arranges the death knell of that evil nutter Vlad Put

Malc

<Yuri Shevchuk, a lecturer in Ukrainian at Columbia University, said that native Ukrainians stress the first vowel, and pronounce it like the “i” in the word “kid” or “lid.” The second vowel is pronounced as a separate syllable, and sounds like the “ee” sound in “keel.” The v is also pronounced a bit differently, like the end of the word “low.”>

5 minutes ago, Dippo said:

<Yuri Shevchuk, a lecturer in Ukrainian at Columbia University, said that native Ukrainians stress the first vowel, and pronounce it like the “i” in the word “kid” or “lid.” The second vowel is pronounced as a separate syllable, and sounds like the “ee” sound in “keel.” The v is also pronounced a bit differently, like the end of the word “low.”>

as in chicken then ??? :whistling:

Malc

6 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

There is just no COVID news on TV these days. And those soldiers are not wearing masks!

How very odd 🤔. It's a miracle maybe they arrived via Lourdes? 😎

9 minutes ago, Dippo said:

Kyiv - second vowel 

40 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Dyanmo

Oh c'mon now John .....  in my aged old simplicity and frebile, fragile and totally inconsequential thoughts I had assumed someone somewhere had gotten the terminolgy wrong and had meant to say  ....                       Alternator 

Malc

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

I took it to be a Football Team like Moscow Dynamo

Kyiv Dyanmo

Not like Brent to be so taxing!

Maybe because Monday is the only day of the week with an anagram? 🤔

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

Vladimir Putin again. Surely SOMEBODY in his inner circle will be Brutus?

Unfortunately, people out of the Putin mould leave their seeds behind when their branches are shaken, there will always be another one in the propagator!

On 3/4/2022 at 9:45 AM, Malc said:

and had meant to say  ....                       Alternator 

nah  . should be   .  TERMINATOR  ..............  the Swiss should arrange for his 38 y/o wife and two kids a free holiday / trip to visit Kiev immediately ......  give her and their children the protection of the Russian army 

............ rather than the protection of the Swiss gendarmary at their villa overlooking the lake in Lugano Swizerland

Malc

• 2 weeks later...

I recall reading inferences on Pistonheads that drivers of Nissan Jukes and Qashqai's were dickheads. Now that my new job requires more travel, I'm coming round to sharing this opinion. Perhaps the anger and shameful driving that Juke owners exhibit comes from owning a car that other motorists laugh at perhaps?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links