Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Today I'll mainly be moaning about ...

Steve

12 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Can I moan about my wife? 

No.

Does she moan about Betsy?  I suggest the poor woman has a lot to put up with.  She is clearly a paragon of tolerance.  😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Can I moan about my wife? She has covid, which means I'm having to do daily tests. As anyone who has taken a lateral flow test will know, they're not a great deal of fun. 

better to moan about Covid me thinks...

• Haha 2

Too much to moan about been standing on a ladder for 2 hrs repairing my roof yesterday completely had it with this wet miserable winter that looks like an extended November. Rain rain and more bloody storms to come...

I hope below pic brings some warmth to this Sunday, stay dry all!

Stanced-Lexus-CT200h-Cropped.jpg 

• Like 1

Parking sensors that are too slow. In reverse drive in and they cant follow your pace so you have to slow down waiting for the beep beep to keep up.

Also the rear view camera. In both IS s i had they were truly excellent. Talking about the slight fish eye effect looking round the corner. They just worked. You only notice when they dont work as fine like in my latter BM or Volvos. Camera only looking straight ahead leaving blind spots. You still need to look over your shoulder and use your mirrors.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ALAW said:

Wind and rain

And people who put out wheelie bins, on a VERY windy morning, full of recycling, with the lid facing INTO the wind, that then immediately blows open, and blows their recycling into MY garden.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, J Henderson said:

to roll around the forecourt all night.

come come now, not all night, eventually they blow past somewhere unseen surely 

Malc

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PCM said:

And people who put out wheelie bins, on a VERY windy morning, full of recycling, with the lid facing INTO the wind, that then immediately blows open, and blows their recycling into MY garden.

Quality Piers 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PCM said:

After the chaos of Storm Eunice on Friday, where some people here inexplicably put out their recycling - and here it is in those plasticised ‘sacks’ which simply went everywhere - what bugs me most is the people who did it didn’t even bother to go and try and clear it up. They left it for others to do…typical. 

More and more people are so selfish and take little or no accountability for their actions. Luckily the council recycling team did a great job in clearing up with the help of a few other neighbours. I think some of the children quite enjoyed it - a bit like a treasure hunt!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

After the chaos of Storm Eunice on Friday, where some people here inexplicably put out their recycling - and here it is in those plasticised ‘sacks’ which simply went everywhere - what bugs me most is the people who did it didn’t even bother to go and try and clear it up. They left it for others to do…typical. 

More and more people are so selfish and take little or no accountability for their actions. Luckily the council recycling team did a great job in clearing up with the help of a few other neighbours. I think some of the children quite enjoyed it - a bit like a treasure hunt!

A treasure hunt! Crikey Ed, I've heard of s****y clothes going to charity shops and often wondered about the matching accessories and jewellery. Now I know, there're in your recycling bins 🤣

Just now, Phil xxkr said:

A treasure hunt! Crikey Ed, I've heard of s****y clothes going to charity shops and often wondered about the matching accessories and jewellery. Now I know, there're in your recycling bins 🤣

Change swonky? clothes to designer then. 😎

A new moan from me today.

The suggestion, oft made on the pages of this forum and others, that in order to be a car ‘enthusiast’ you need to drive fast. It simply isn’t true and is being used as a mechanism for trying to make one opinion seem more valid than another.

Smart Cars, Morris Minors, MINIs, Reliant three-wheelers, Austin Allegros…all have an enthusiastic following by people who can be identified as ‘enthusiasts.’ They’re not quick. They don’t handle well ‘on the limit’ (whatever that actually means). Generally they’re not driven by morons who think that speed and ‘handling’ are what makes a man either…

Over and out.

• Like 6

Austin Allegros  stats ..  as of now, Qtr 3 2021 ...... there are 15 licenced and on the road and 22 on SORN

strange I see a bright yellow one from time to time......... not too many enthusiasts about for these methinks :unsure:

Oh, and the bright yellow one does at least 90mph over Sheppey Bridge with a tail wind ..........:yahoo:

Malc

3 minutes ago, Malc said:

Austin Allegros  stats ..  as of now, Qtr 3 2021 ...... there are 15 licenced and on the road and 22 on SORN

Quite a few more than that when you look at the various trim levels…

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?page=1&q=Austin+allegro

I had an Allegro Vanden Plas 1500 once. It looked beautiful inside, and the bodywork was excellent as an old chap had owned it and kept it nice. Unfortunately the floors had rusted away. 😔

23 minutes ago, Malc said:

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/austin_allegro

how can these figure be so different and from the same source !

Malc

I assume because that graph only looks at cars registered as an ‘Austin Allegro’ rather than including all those listed as an ‘Austin Allegro 1300DL’ and all other engine / trim levels. 

• Like 1

ok maybe so .......... I thought it was simply all generic Austin Allegros ..  the author must work for a political party .......  making facts from anything no-one really understands maybe:unsure:

Malc

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

A new moan from me today.

The suggestion, oft made on the pages of this forum and others, that in order to be a car ‘enthusiast’ you need to drive fast. It simply isn’t true and is being used as a mechanism for trying to make one opinion seem more valid than another.

Smart Cars, Morris Minors, MINIs, Reliant three-wheelers, Austin Allegros…all have an enthusiastic following by people who can be identified as ‘enthusiasts.’ They’re not quick. They don’t handle well ‘on the limit’ (whatever that actually means). Generally they’re not driven by morons who think that speed and ‘handling’ are what makes a man either…

Over and out.

"all have an enthusiastic following by people who can be identified as ‘enthusiasts.’ They’re not quick." 

Very insightful comment 🤣🤣🤣

Speaking of Reliants....seen one of these on the Edinburgh City Bypass this morning.

338392104_ArarityinBritainthesedays!.thumb.jpg.591f09bb4beb31c4123a3340a4b20f0c.jpg

A Kitten. Only 80 still left on the road it seems. Was quite shocking how small and vulnerable it looked in the high winds compared to the rest of the traffic. 😃

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links