Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus RZ revealed

14 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

all they say at the moment is >250 miles as it hasn't gone through certification.

It’s what the reviewer indicated from his estimation of the efficiency he got pootling around the track, he didn’t do any “Too Gear” testing 😄

BMW says that iX1 range is ...429 miles?

How is this possible with a smaller than RZ's Battery? Should they say Km and said miles by mistake? Every review suggests a 220 miles range just 5 miles more than RZ's ( makes sense as RZ is a bigger car)

Is this fraud?

Screenshot 2022-11-19 224329.png

11 hours ago, talaipwros said:

How is this possible with a smaller than RZ's battery? Should they say Km and said miles by mistake? Every review suggests a 220 miles range just 5 miles more than RZ's ( makes sense as RZ is a bigger car)

Is this fraud?

The German website states range up to 440 km.  Trainee has been at it again

• Like 1

12 hours ago, talaipwros said:

How is this possible with a smaller than RZ's battery? Should they say Km and said miles by mistake? Every review suggests a 220 miles range just 5 miles more than RZ's ( makes sense as RZ is a bigger car)

Is this fraud?

That’s the official WLTP*, just as ICE official figures are always a bit optimistic.

But BMW efficiency is excellent and has been since they launched the i3, they put a priority on engineering efficiency and Battery management and control, as an example we regularly get 4.5 miles/KWh in summer and 3.8 in winter……Audi are ***** compared to that, the Audis struggle to get 2.5m/KWh in most circumstances. The Korean makers are great on efficiency as well, it’s just down to getting it all correct.

*and it’s a f**k up…….😂

https://ev-database.uk/car/1701/BMW-iX1-xDrive30

I would expect 250 miles on normal driving summertime, maybe 220 winter, but it really does depend on driver, as you know.

UK review of the Toyota BZ4X - looks very promising to me, especially at the price. Mind you, personally I’d choose the Subaru version. On both I really like the black plastic which is more rugged and practical from where I’m sitting…

Assume the RZ is the same underneath but with a posh interior to justify the price as normal with Lexus / Toyota comparisons?

Just now, First_Lexus said:

UK review of the Toyota BZ4X - looks very promising to me, especially at the price. Mind you, personally I’d choose the Subaru version.

Assume the RZ is the same underneath but with a posh interior to justify the price as normal with Lexus / Toyota comparisons?

The RZ has a more powerful motor setup than the Toyota and Subaru. It wouldn’t surprise me if Lexus releases something like a RZ350e with the Toyota set up letter on. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 5:16 PM, F.A. said:

The RZ has a more powerful motor setup than the Toyota and Subaru. It wouldn’t surprise me if Lexus releases something like a RZ350e with the Toyota set up letter on. 

Lexus already trademarked RZ300e 🙂

On 12/18/2022 at 12:19 AM, talaipwros said:

link please for the 273 miles? Sounds too good to be true

It's on Mag Lexus:

"

Superior Battery design 

The batteries deployed in the latest Lexus hybrid electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles provide practical, all-electric EV driving capability, but are kept compact to avoid penalties of weight, cost and intrusion into the cabin and load space. The same principle is applied to Battery electric models, with the smart-sized 71.4 kWh Battery in the upcoming RZ 450e SUV set to have segment-leading efficiency of 16.8 kWh per 100 km (approx. 3.7 miles per kWh), giving it an EV range of up to 273 miles (WLTP combined cycle). 

"

On 12/18/2022 at 9:23 AM, Kevin Williams said:

William, where did you read about the RZ300e...?

Well, I found it a bit sooner than that, but don't have as much time as I would like to post it 🙂

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, talaipwros said:

Significant price cut for Tesla's.

Should we hope that RZ will get a price cut too? With the Dual Motor Model Y at 53K, one would hope that Toyota/Lexus will catch up

Tesla prices are just back to where they where near the end of 2021. They started to raise prices to counter their growing order book with lead times 8+ months. Now they are back to their normal 1 to 3 months the prices have come back down. As Tesla operate in a very different way I'm not sure Toyota can compete with this price drop. 

It certainly makes the RZ look very uncompetitive, and the winter Battery performance of the Toyota bZ4X is appalling (although could just be a software bug).

https://motorillustrated.com/toyota-bz4x-cold-weather-tests-show-a-much-shorter-range-than-advertised/107346/

Toyota’s response to the article is a bit strange to say the least. They say that whilst the car may report there is zero miles range left there may actually be 9% say 25 miles. They say this to avoid the car having to stop when zero is reported !

https://www.elbil24.no/tester/range-issues-for-bz4x-toyota-responds-to-criticism/77763009

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, talaipwros said:

!!!!!!!!! Why didn’t Lexus allow them to drive it…?

Lexus need to get one to Bjorn Nyland for him to do his Range Test and 1000km Challenge…

Range, and Miles / KWH are more important…?

Bjorn Nyland’s YouTubes will be of more interest to potential buyers of the RZ450…

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

!!!!!!!!! Why didn’t Lexus allow them to drive it…?

Lexus need to get one to Bjorn Nyland for him to do his Range Test and 1000km Challenge…

Range, and Miles / KWH are more important…?

Bjorn Nyland’s YouTubes will be of more interest to potential buyers of the RZ450…

Driving impression embargo until 13 March.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links