Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

5 Weeks On

Well I've had my LE for 5 weeks done 1200 miles and its going back into Lexus Manchester on Monday to see if they can do any thing about it only doing 18 mpg :crybaby: If I drive the car a bit harder I can get 19 mpg :unsure: on the Motor-way I over 36 mpg :D

I don't do town driving, I've driven the same way to work for the last 11 years and in all the other cars I've had i've got the combined mpg every time (4 Toyota Celica's, 2 Corolla's and a Carena TD).

Other than this I like the car

The gear box: I was used to as its just the same as the Celica better when warm so no problem there.

Yes it could do with a bit more low down power but again not a problem as I'm tired of getting every IDIOT in a corsa ect. having a go at the lights.

The handling: well not as sharp as the Celica but not far off. I can really tell at roundabouts, but now I can go over speed humps with out putting my back out.

Wheels sounds like the usual Toyota syndrome but then thats why they have a warranty.

As for the rest of the car full leather great (not having full leather stopped me buying a 200 last time). Sound system very good (just got to get the wife's CDs out and mine in). Auto head lights I've not made my mind up yet (some times great other times why the hell are they on).

Lexus Manchester get 7 out off 10 with a could try harder, but we will see how it goes on Monday.

Steve :driving:

1200 miles................... :blink:

the car isnt even run in yet.the car isnt run in till 10,000 miles, then after that service, you will feel a massive difference in the way it performs.

fuel economy after 1200miles...........the cars still learning!!!!!!!!!

another thing to remember, which people always overlook............

the car is a 6 cylinder, not a 4 like most are used too, it will inherintly use more fuel .

the car is designed for cruising at a smooth effortless pace, thats the plus of a 6 pot, the downside is the fuel used

I don't do town driving either and mine is now doing 32 mpg :)

Every Sunday I fill up to the 'click' and note all the details :

Last Sunday it took 29.37 litres and I had covered 209.7 miles which I reckon was 32.45 Mpg.

I've nearly done 3000 miles and the mpg is still slowly rising week on week.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Its now a week on from the car going in, Lexus Manchester said they got the car doing 21.9 mpg on a 10 mile run around Manchester and that every thing was OK .

I've altered my driving this week and that has mad a slight improvement :D to the mpg and I now go a different way to work that takes in a dual-carriage way, its a longer run but at faster speed :whistling:

I think I was just being impatient :blush: and it did take that nice feeling away from having a new car but as long as the mpg improves I will get that feeling back. :P

All I need is some touch up paint as the score is now 1 stone chip and 1 scratch (this should just polish out)

Steve :driving:

Mine does about 200 miles on half a tank so I think that works out at about 25mpg

70 litres = 15.4 gallons

half a tank = 7.7 gallons (35 litres)

200 miles requires 7.7 gallons = 25.97mpg

Not as good as I was hoping for seeing as I do 90% motorway driving.

Not as good as I was hoping for seeing as I do 90% motorway driving.

If you're keeping pace with the cars in front in lane 3 and continually slowing and accelerating and driving a bit over the limit then the fuel consumption on the motorway isn't brilliant. The car is nice and flexible and a dream to drive though.

If you cruise at a careful 70 in lane 1 or 2 then you can do 30+mpg.

If you cruise at a careful 70 in lane 1 or 2 then you can do 30+mpg.

Looks like I'll have to stick with 25mpg then :D :D :D :D

It's not that big a deal I guess, if all I was bothered about was mpg I would've bought a Yaris :blink::whistling:

I got 260 out of half a tank on the motorway that not the problem its the round town that got me in all my other cars I got the combined mpg in the IS I can't get close to it but after reading post on here things should improve or I will be going to a Yaris :blink:

When I first bought my Lex I thought the fuel economy was rubbish. But that was only because I have been driving diesel's for the previous 5 years (A4 19tdi & 320d). And you get used to it - I totally agree with Mat I wouldn't change my IS200 for either of the above.

I tend to get around 350 - 400 to a tank which costs about £38 up here (The petrol is cheaper by far in the Northwest compared to anywhere I have travelled in the UK)....

Even optimax is cheper up here than some standard unleaded in the south!

Now that's made me think - I have never got more than 360 out of a full tank. Last weekend, after running it for 10 miles after the fuel light came on it just managed to squeeze 50 quids worth in. I live in Devon - is the fuel really that much more down here than up North. If so I'm on my way! :duh:

I drive a combination of motorway and town each day, and drive it pretty carefully. I just wind the window down when I think about the consumption, and listen to the purring 6 cyliner!

i get 400 miles to £46.00 of std unleaded

:o :duh: :angry::crying::crybaby:

I'm lucky if I get over 300-320 out of a tank!!!

But Then I am a 'Digital' driver ( The throttle is on full or off :hehe::whistling: )

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the problem, those of you who are seeing low MPG figures still have £10 worth of unleaded in your tank.... why do I say this well from your replies it is pretty clear.

You say it takes from £35-£40 to fill up, when in fact to fill from bone dry it should take £58. How did I work this well, a standard IS200 tank is 70L or 18.4G, taking unleaded price in England from the AA to average for April at 83.5ppl to fill said 70L it would cost £58.48p.

So next time you think you are running low, you probably arnt.

Gota say, the MPG aint something i particularly bother about, it uses as much petrol as it uses!

I can get about 320-340 miles out of a tank, so i'm happy ish.

Stu

You say it takes from £35-£40 to fill up, when in fact to fill from bone dry it should take £58. How did I work this well, a standard IS200 tank is 70L or 18.4G, taking unleaded price in England from the AA to average for April at 83.5ppl to fill said 70L it would cost £58.48p.

Hopefully everybody is working out their mpg by using the amount of fuel they have just put in to fill it up rather than the fuel tank size :unsure::blink:

standard IS200 tank is 70L or 18.4G

70l is 15.4 imperial gallons

Hi again

I've now done nealy 2000 miles and the mpg has started to go up. But the wife has now decided that she is going to drive the car as well :o so not only will have to put fuel in for the miles I do but hers as well :sick:

Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links