Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

I have placed an order for a new RX 450H,and Lexus has offered me a three year service plan.

The cost of the service plan is:  £1,280.00.

Does anybody know how much a yearly service would cost without the service plan?

Many thanks

I suppose to some extent the answer is, "no".

I assume the plan price is now paid and fixed.

The standard service cost could (will) change with inflation etc...

Lexus do show service costs on their website, 

IS, NX, RC, ES    £290 / £550 (Intermediate/Full)

and one can get an online quote by imputing one's registration number 

1 hour ago, Lexnew said:

The service plan is simply the sum of current list prices, so the saving is predicated on rising costs (as we all know inflation is at a high), plus the convenience of an interest free monthly direct debit.

You may also be able to negotiate a discount, typically 10%.

• Like 1

Just be mindful that the “plan” is linked to “that” dealership, so should you be thinking off moving / not best pleased with the service etc ?

Apart from that the plane does give a discount over the stand alone prices.

1 hour ago, VFR said:

Just be mindful that the “plan” is linked to “that” dealership, so should you be thinking off moving / not best pleased with the service etc ?

Is it??

I have taken out a new 3yr plan and there is no mention of being linked to any specific dealership. In fact the T&Cs state-

ii. Contract means this contract between the Customer and the Manufacturer whereby the Manufacturer agrees to pay for the Services subject always to these Terms and Conditions.
iii. Customer means the person named as such on the front page of this Contract.
iv. Centre means a motor vehicle repairer located in the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man, or the Channel Islands which is party to an Authorised Repairer agreement with the Manufacturer relating to Toyota cars and light commercial vehicles.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lexnew said:

Hello,

I have placed an order for a new RX 450H,and Lexus has offered me a three year service plan.

Does anybody know how much a yearly service would cost without the service plan?

Many thanks

The service costs are, (from memory?<>?)

about £335 intermediate (10,000 mls/1year)                                                                                 about £670 major             (20,000 mls year 2) 

and £335 intermediate (30,000 mls year 3)

(Please forgive me if I'm a few £'s out)

• Like 1

I agree, its just the sum of 3 years worth or 30,000 miles worth of services at todays price fixed for 3 years. 

For me, I know the price will rise with inflation but I would rather pay year on year and have the extra cash in my pocket today to pay for other expenses.  If you have £1300 to spend that you won't miss then go for it.  I think the small service is about £250 and the big one is about £590.

4 minutes ago, Sybaris said:

I would rather pay year on year and have the extra cash in my pocket today to pay for other expenses.  If you have £1300 to spend that you won't miss then go for it.  

They offer payment on an interest free monthly basis, so you do not have to find the money up front.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, VFR said:

Apart from that the plane does give a discount over the stand alone prices.

I asked a similar question when offered to take out a 3 year service plan with my RX I bought from Lexus Milton Keynes (as I live in Gtr Manchester). They informed me the service plan they were offering could be used at any Lexus dealership. I paid just over £1000 in 2019, so I think this has worked out cheaper than paying to individual services (not yet had the 3rd service).

• Like 3

So what about then instead of paying Lexus the monthly instalments, you just put that money away earning you interest instead of Lexus?  At least that way you have a fund should you need it. (ok the interest rate is not great but its still working for you).

40 minutes ago, Sybaris said:

So what about then instead of paying Lexus the monthly instalments, you just put that money away earning you interest instead of Lexus?  At least that way you have a fund should you need it. (ok the interest rate is not great but its still working for you).

You could, but it is pretty certain that prices will increase more over three years than the likely interest you could earn.

• Like 3

Hi Ian,

I have a service plan running (my 2nd one)  which I pay monthly as it’s interest free, if I remember correctly, my local dealership priced it very competitively to the point it became a ‘no brainer’ not to purchase it

It gives the added benefit of no increase in costs during its lifespan of 3 years which seems a perfect solution to me….

on my previous RX I initially used to just pay each service but then realised the benefits and took a plan out.

The £1280.00 they have quoted you is the full current cost of an intermediate service@£325 , a full service @£630, followed by another intermediate @£325 so I’d try and haggle if you can to reduce those prices by 10% perhaps for being a gold member on the forum?

• Like 4

Just for reference, I've just checked the Lexus website, and these are their service rates by model:

LEXUS SERVICE PRICING
Model Intermediate/Full
CT200h, UX250h £270 / £480
IS, NX, RC, ES £290 / £550
GS, SC430, RX £325 / £630
LS, RC-F, GS-F, IS-F £395 / £735
UX300e, RZ350e £150 / £300
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Madsod said:

Hi Ian,

I have a service plan running (my 2nd one)  which I pay monthly as it’s interest free, if I remember correctly, my local dealership priced it very competitively to the point it became a ‘no brainer’ not to purchase it

It gives the added benefit of no increase in costs during its lifespan of 3 years which seems a perfect solution to me….

on my previous RX I initially used to just pay each service but then realised the benefits and took a plan out.

The £1280.00 they have quoted you is the full current cost of an intermediate service@£325 , a full service @£630, followed by another intermediate @£325 so I’d try and haggle if you can to reduce those prices by 10% perhaps for being a gold member on the forum?

Hello Kevin,

Thanks very much for providing the servicing costs breakdown.I now know  that there are 2 intermediate and 1 major service carried out during the 3 year  period, (not knowing I  thought that it might have been 3 major services).  With current inflation rates running at over 10%,I am tempted to take the Lexus 3 year fixed price service plan.I will try to negotiate a discount.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigglesfllesundone said:

You can take up to a ten year service plan, depending on age of car. The dealer may not know that, but the finance company does.

My 20 year plan ends next month.It has been an outstanding deal @34 PER MONTH.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

My 20 year plan ends next month.It has been an outstanding deal @34 PER MONTH.

Great news - - and what about your car's service plan, John?

( 😊)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, serbarry said:

Unfortunately for me the local Lexus dealer in Cork does not offer any service plan. 

This isn’t a dealer specific thing. You should be provided with the same figures whichever dealership you go to. 

• Like 1

Hi Dan,

my understanding is the monthly payment, if you chose that option, is calculated to ensure there is enough money in the ‘pot’ to cover the cost of each service as it falls due, if at anytime you decide to cancel the service plan then you get a full refund of monies paid minus the cost of any service already provided.

hope that helps….

On 8/17/2022 at 5:35 PM, mikey2001 said:

I asked a similar question when offered to take out a 3 year service plan with my RX I bought from Lexus Milton Keynes (as I live in Gtr Manchester). They informed me the service plan they were offering could be used at any Lexus dealership. I paid just over £1000 in 2019, so I think this has worked out cheaper than paying to individual services (not yet had the 3rd service).

I took mine out with Lexus Battersea (Inchcape) and it can only be used at any Inchcape dealer. So, to Dan, if it matters, it's worth checking if any plan offered is dealer/chain specific, or can be used at any Lexus dealer.

• Like 1

I took delivery of my RX last week. All the figures were calculated back in March when the order was placed.

The dealer did tell me that the three year cost had increased to £1280, but as my service contract was priced back in March they honoured it at £1170, so I’m quite happy at that.

Being realistic, what prices of anything are coming down!
In the present economic climate I would certainly have the service plan.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links