Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I just wondered if Members had seen these two videos from Matt of High Peak Autos.

I like his videos. But not sure I'd be taking a punt on that LS430. I think he said it had 17 service stamps but still needed a whole load of residual work. Not sure who was meant to be looking after it but I reckcon quite a few corners must have been cut. 

• Like 4

I like his videos but whoever buys the car still has some money to spend on abs issues. 

He/his mechanic wasn't able to diagnose the brake 'buzz' on the recent SC430 either. Classic reluctor ring wear symptoms.

He was trying to paint a rosy picture around a car that was not top notch and had been hammered by its former keepers.We all know the 430 has issues none of which showed up in his analysis ,which leads me to believe this is a money pit for someome down the road.He is also way off the mark when he says the 430 was the best LS ever made ,we all know the 400 has that title.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looking at this example I’m so glad I managed to purchase the one I did and again thank a fellow member for stepping aside to allow it.

I paid less than he did with everything done, nearly half the mileage and apart from a switch illumination problem it’s been brilliant.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 5:22 PM, steve2006 said:

Looking at this example I’m so glad I managed to purchase the one I did and again thank a fellow member for stepping aside to allow it.

I paid less than he did with everything done, nearly half the mileage and apart from a switch illumination problem it’s been brilliant.

This is definitely the way to buy one of these cars, i.e. from a trusted member and with full knowledge (or as full as possible) of the car's history, servicing, etc.

On 8/20/2022 at 12:25 PM, jpjsavage said:

I like his videos. But not sure I'd be taking a punt on that LS430. I think he said it had 17 service stamps but still needed a whole load of residual work. Not sure who was meant to be looking after it but I reckcon quite a few corners must have been cut. 

I think the previous owner sold at just the right time, the tipping point of when a car becomes a money pit

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

he's not heard we're starting ( or continuing into ) a recession and prices usaslly " go down " at these times

Malc

Malc I think there was a misfire issue with this car when it was priced at 5k - there is no mention of that now so my guess is that has been sorted, making the car fault free

God this guy grates. A typical car flipper who thinks he knows it all but has probably never turned a spanner in his life. I deal with a lot of them at work.
I got to around 4 minutes and had to turn it off. 

• Haha 1

He knows its never going to  get him his money back on resale hence the raffle but I doubt anyone going for a decent LS430 is going to trust one bought in a raffle .

He keeps going to Lexus for  repairs so has no idea where to get genuine parts at proper prices and get someone to fit them.

Modern day car salesman without any experience reminds me of Delboy but with a manchester accent.

3 hours ago, ambermarine said:

nearer than Nelson Mandella house Chiswick.

your geography is terrible  ...........  Nelson Mandela House is actually in Peckham, probably on the site of somewhere i used to live as a young lad 😇

Well, isn't that where Delboy told us it is ?

Malc

23 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

your geography is terrible  ...........  Nelson Mandela House is actually in Peckham, probably on the site of somewhere i used to live as a young lad 😇

Well, isn't that where Delboy told us it is ?

Malc

The tower block used was actually in Ealing/Acton 😉 

7 hours ago, ambermarine said:

He knows its never going to  get him his money back on resale hence the raffle but I doubt anyone going for a decent LS430 is going to trust one bought in a raffle .

He keeps going to Lexus for  repairs so has no idea where to get genuine parts at proper prices and get someone to fit them.

Modern day car salesman without any experience reminds me of Delboy but with a manchester accent.

He’s actually sold all 2200 tickets at £5 a pop. That’s £11,000! Seeing as it’s his own raffle site I’m guessing it’s all going in his pocket. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links