Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

Hard to do that as it depends on so many factors. Read some of the contributions in the General Discussions/Insurance thread for ideas. I went with Direct Line because I was already with them and they offered a good deal to stay with them. I liked the idea of Lexus Insurance because repairs would always be done at a Lexus dealer, however, their website didn't work and staff was unhelpful when I phoned. Other owners are happy with other companies so my best advice is to shop around for the best deal 5hat suits you.

Same as Harrier Man... shopped around and ended up with existing previous company Liv Vic. My partner is currently going through a large repair job on her car also with Liv Vic. Communication, progress, etc seems to be good. Also confirmation that all parts fitted will be sourced from original manufacturer.  From experience, like most things....pay cheap and costs later can be dear.

To answer your question personally I'd go for Fully Comprehensive. 

As to which company all I can suggest is get a quote from your current insurance company then try the comparison sites and companies that do not quote on comparison sites. Yes it's laborious but it has to be done.

Do the following:

confused.com, comparethemarket, moneysupermarket, gocompare. Then use quotezone. 

Then, go on directline.com

Finally - go to Chris knott brokers and ask them if they can beat the cheapest which they normally can. 

If no luck - haggle with the cheapest insurer over the phone or your current insurer

Try money supermarket. I got my friend to try it and she got cover with AA BUT at a cheaper price than other comparison sites, due to money supermarket doing special rates on selected companies.

1 hour ago, Eggie said:

Try money supermarket. I got my friend to try it and she got cover with AA BUT at a cheaper price than other comparison sites, due to money supermarket doing special rates on selected companies.

Same for me - AA via Money Supermarket.

I'm with Ken R there. I went with Aviva.
My circumstances are very different but Aviva only wanted circa £800 for fully comp.
Lexus insurance did state they aren't very competitive, then quoted me £11k! 

• Haha 2

I,am with Aviva as well.  Cost is a little over £300 pa for 15 plate NX 300h with full no claims for Social, Domestic Pleasure but not business and with 

where you live ( post code) and age can have major impact on premiums and different companies view these differently which is why there are such variations - as well as the service they offer

Thank you all, have tried most of the recommendations and as said, not an easy exercise. Lexus insurance not very helpful. 

Will have decide soon, thanks again. 

15 minutes ago, Dave 2951 said:

Just renewed mine Aviva would not insure mine as it was a Lexus neither would Saga. Lexus wanted £750 ended up with Churchill Plus £360

Saga wouldn't insure it?  They have been insuring my Lexus cars for the last 6 years. Strangen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

Saga wouldn't insure it?  They have been insuring my Lexus cars for the last 6 years. Strangen

john.. It Seems That if you are a Loyal Customer with Saga and dont have any claims they treat you more Favourably Than a customer who they don,t know  .I,m With saga and have been for many years and my Price each year has been Reasonable..do Haggle though.!!!! Think There car insurance is underwritten bu Liverpool Victoria Who Appear quite good to deal with if you have a claim  Stay well away from Churchill....

13 hours ago, John Adams said:

I have had one no fault claim in last 20 years which was with Aviva and dealt with in a excellent manner, and so I went back to them for a quote this year, all as i can say is they must not be taking new business involving Lexus, the same for Saga. Another note I also looked at Reviews for all the companies I tried for quotes not one came back with brilliant reviews for claims.

17 hours ago, Dave 2951 said:

I have had one no fault claim in last 20 years which was with Aviva and dealt with in a excellent manner, and so I went back to them for a quote this year, all as i can say is they must not be taking new business involving Lexus, the same for Saga. Another note I also looked at Reviews for all the companies I tried for quotes not one came back with brilliant reviews for claims.

When I lived in Germany, over 25 years ago, if there was a traffic accident, the police would turn up, take statements and measurements and would issue each driver with a 'blame' statement (my words, not what they were called). This statement apportioned the degree they considered each party was responsible from 0% to 100%. The German insurance companies accepted these police statements and were therefore able to settle claims within a few days. None of this arguing with one party saying one thing to their insurance company and the other saying something completely different to theirs; which of course leads to delays as drivers and insurance companies argue between themselves. I found it so much better than the UK system which has only got worse as companies race to the bottom to offer the lowest renewal prices, which they do in part by trying to wriggle out of (or delaying) paying claims.

On 3/20/2023 at 4:05 PM, Harrier Man said:

When I lived in Germany, over 25 years ago, if there was a traffic accident, the police would turn up

Halcyon days .............. doubt the police in the UK would have the spare time these days to dedicate to attending very many car incidents tbh 

We have to just rely on the way it now is with claims handling and I for one have, somewhat reluctantly, stayed with Saga this time around BUT ONLY BECAUSE the kerfuffle it takes to change insurers is quite extraordinarily immense ...... you just try it, the detailed stuff you have to go thru' and produce ....  like being questioned when joining MI5 possibly 😉

AND sadly I just didn't have all that spare time right then to devote to that exercise with stuff going on in my business that required my 120% attention 

Malc

27 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

<< with stuff going on in my business that required my 120% attention >>

Malc

I take it that you're a Maths Professor then Malc?  (😉)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links