Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

53 minutes ago, lex - eleven said:

AND no fee on the Queen Elizabeth crossing (Kent/Essex)

that's not quite so ....... it's only if one is driving a Registered Disability Vehicle ..........  just a Blue Badge doesn't count !

Malc

2000-2006 LS430 are all ULEZ compliant if in standard spec. but some of the early ones ( late 2000/early 2001) may require you to get a statement from Toyota/Lexus to prove that they are Euro4 Compliant.
I assume that those retrofitted with LPG are also ULEZ compliant even if they are banned from the Eurotunnel Le Shuttle.

LS430 VED (Road Tax) on a 2001 to 23 March 2006 is currently £395.
If registered after that then the annual VED is currently £695.

LS430 registered before 1 March 2001 VED is currently £325 (and yes Malc, we do know it's the same for your LS400s 🤣)

My 2006 Honda Legend is also a staggeringly ludicrous £695 🥶     got to make a lot of expanded ULEZ relation visits at £12.50 to pay for that so’s I’m not using a Ls400 

Malc 

• Like 1

Well mine certainly won’t be going to the London ULEZ area, despite being the equivalent of a 2004 LS430 I would have to pay.

Contacted the DVLA/DVSA? and was informed I needed a Certificate of Conformity from Toyota.

Toyota UK cannot supply as the car is not European specification and JDM vehicles don’t come under EU conformity obviously as they meet Japanese rules.

If I ever do need to go to London I’ll try and go by train provided they aren’t still on strike.

• Like 1

Tfl website provides a very useful link to tell you if your car complies with ULEZ and / Congestion Charge AND also if the place you're visiting is within the expanded charging area ...........

And my Triumph being over 40 years old ( 1932 vintage ) is also clear of ULEZ charge too

It's proving a very useful website link .  remember  ...........  Tfl ...........

Malc

30 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Yay, in that case I could use my 1982 Suzuki GSX 250, no road tax, no MOT and no ULEZ 😀

But why would anyone wish to drive in London unless they were forced to!!! 

🚄

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, lex - eleven said:

All I can say is hooray for the M25 even if it is a carpark 

There’s no other experience close to plane spotting at Heathrow whilst sat queuing in lane 3 of the M25 and you always get your turn directly underneath them. 😀

• Like 1

I love the idea that you could get a 7.5L Buick Electra to get around ulez and pay no road tax or mot fees. Just parking it in London could be challenging.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?postcode=me59ly&make=Buick&include-delivery-option=on&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-31 at 11.34.26.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, steve2006 said:

If I ever do need to go to London I’ll try and go by train provided they aren’t still on strike.

Would that be by diesel or electric train I wonder? 😁

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Illogan said:

But why would anyone wish to drive in London unless they were forced to!!! 

🚄

Some of us have family in the Capital Dave and reliance upon public transport can at times not only be tediously time consuming but also challenging when attempting to move small children, parcels and large items easily and without too much fuss. 🤨

Even where you are I doubt if you view your public transport availability much different, unless you live in a town centre that is. 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Ah but parts of the new ULEZ area are quite delightful. Biggin Hill   Box Hill  and many such areas 

Malc 

You're half right Malc.  Biggin Hill is yes, just inside ULEZ but only by a whisker but Box Hill is well outside, it's even well outside the M25 in the leafy North Downs of Surrey.  May I take it that you don't consider geography to be your strongest subject my friend? 😆

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sundance said:

May I take it that you don't consider geography to be your strongest subject my friend? 😆

You're just about " spot on "

Malc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/30/2023 at 5:00 PM, steve2006 said:

Yay, in that case I could use my 1982 Suzuki GSX 250, no road tax, no MOT and no ULEZ 😀

I have a friend who commutes into Docklands on a 1982 MZ 250 ETZ two-stroke. The ULEZ prevents him from using his other bikes.
The ETZ is a stinky, smoky, nasty old heap thems the rules. 🤣
I hope you've registered the GSX as a "Historic Vehicle" as otherwise you still need to pay road-tax. 😁

I love that Buick. :thumbup: 
My Dad had a Plymouth Fury III 2 door 400ci.
If you opened the door fully when parked it would completely block most pavements.
10Mpg on a good day and you could get seasick in it. 🤣

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 10:21 AM, lex - eleven said:

Checked mine "54" - no charge and with blue badge also no congestion charge AND no fee on the Queen Elizabeth crossing (Kent/Essex)

Don't get this???

My 55 plate 430 - No Ulez Charge but have to pay congestion charge

same applies for my previous 430

I also checked a 3 plate and congestion charge is applicable

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

Don't get this???

My 55 plate 430 - No Ulez Charge but have to pay congestion charge

same applies for my previous 430

I also checked a 3 plate and congestion charge is applicable

Who doesn't have to pay congestion charges?
  • Blue Badge holders.
  • Roadside recovery vehicles.
  • Accredited breakdown vehicles.
  • Vehicles with nine or more seats.
  • Cars that emit 75g/km or less of CO2.
  • Zero-emission vehicles (Fully electric vehicles and any other zero emissions vehicles) 
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Moleman said:
Who doesn't have to pay congestion charges?
  • Blue Badge holders.
  • Roadside recovery vehicles.
  • Accredited breakdown vehicles.
  • Vehicles with nine or more seats.
  • Cars that emit 75g/km or less of CO2.
  • Zero-emission vehicles (Fully electric vehicles and any other zero emissions vehicles) 

... and, presumably, the Rozzers!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links