Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance hike

Anyone else noticed the jump in insurance premiums I paid £346 last year but this year the cheapest I can find is £566.

Dell

Hi DellBoy, I think if you search for other thread titles containing 'insurance' you'll find lots of others have noticed and we're all in the same boat. All but the very odd exception to the rule means that we can expect hikes of 50% this year and, as in your case, maybe more. Always worth spending time on all the comparisons sites and then wait for Dan from Adrian Flux to pop his head over the parapet touting business - not that he's all that competitive either given what others have posted!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dells said:

Anyone else noticed the jump in insurance premiums I paid £346 last year but this year the cheapest I can find is £566.

Dell

Same thing happened to me this year well annoyed, I've never claimed in over 20 years of driving.  General hike is blamed on EV cars!  Insurance company are greedy 🐷

• Thanks 1

Martin Lewis warned of this a few weeks ago & even had an insurance exec on his show & he said the cost of repairs had risen so much in the last year they had no choice but to raise premiums to cover their cost.

23 hours ago, Bounce75 said:

Martin Lewis warned of this a few weeks ago & even had an insurance exec on his show & he said the cost of repairs had risen so much in the last year they had no choice but to raise premiums to cover their cost.

I can understand price increases but almost double is a joke .

been on a few comparison sites 1£530 but want me to fit a black box so they can sod off , most are £600 to £700 but a few are £950 plus , even Hastings direct wanted £980 it looks like I will be renewing with the current insurer £550.

if it’s this bad for a 70 year old that has had a clean license for 50 years without accident what’s it like for new drivers ?

then they wonder why there are so many people willing to risk driving without insurance.

Dell

2030... "You will own nothing and be happy"

People are being priced out of ownership, we all know the gov nobs want you to taking public transport under the pretence of climate change BS!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, agent_dess said:

2030... "You will own nothing and be happy"

People are being priced out of ownership, we all know the gov nobs want you to taking public transport under the pretence of climate change BS!!

Where I live there is no such thing as public transport.

Public Transport ……. very little public transport and that which we have locally is distressed trying to make “ normal “ journeys with horrendous seemingly “ go slow “ roadworks, designed I'm sure to give effect to “ traffic calming “ and maybe safety 

Then there’s the trains ……. Drivers on min £69k and striking for ????? 

bring back the ICE car please ……. Financial Ombudsman whatever please please please get to grips with this Insurers Cartel robbing ordinary motorists 

Malc 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

Please feel free to give us try for insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan.

You are over £100 dearer than my best quote.

Dell

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2024 at 6:35 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Had an email saying ring us ( Adrian Flux ) they may be able to get it cheaper ended up getting £140 cheaper

Dell

• Like 3

On 2/12/2024 at 6:35 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

Please feel free to give us try for insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan.

You quoted me over £2,500 when I'm paying £750 with my current insurer for comprehensive.
I ain't even trying again with you.

Just renewed CT, all quotes up from £440 last year to around £650.

Settled with current insurer for £670, because they did not want to increase the Excess to £250+. Still only £100 excess. Have noticed all new quotes have raised excesses considerably.

Starlet went from £250 to £300, but interestedly current insurer did not want to renew this year. No problem finding other quotes.  ??

Mine went from £420 to £480 this year. I'm happy as I've got 10,000 miles, protected NCB & all modifications declared like for like. It really depends on your area. My mate who's the same age, has the same car and lives 30min away pays over a grand.

Yes Lucas thats a good point, I use a local broker that discounts for select local postcodes. they just send me a letter once a year with the deal they have found and i just say yes and pay over the phone. I remember when i moved up here from Glasgow i had a Honda CRX and i got a quote after searching myself and best a could get was Norwich Union for about £530, a neighbour mention a local broker (4 doors down from me), so i walked round and spoke to them. 30 minutes later i walked out with my new insurance certificate freshly printed for £269, and the insurer was Norwich Union !

Rob

4 hours ago, Robertdt said:

My Lexus insurance went up from £362 to £379, but then my Integra Type-R insurance went down from £190 to £171

Rob

That’s a good deal, Who is the insurance company?

Hi Derek,

I will let you know tomorrow for sure as i only access the forum from work but im pretty sure they both ended up LV.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Renewal from DirectLine was nearly 40% more than last year!!!

But 10 minutes online and we ended up with a quote CHEAPER than last year :)

53541238555_0b7920f79e_c_d.jpg

53554198558_ea732967bf_c_d.jpg

On 2/15/2024 at 7:47 PM, Dells said:

That’s a good deal, Who is the insurance company?

I think you'll find that the clue is, Robert lives in Perthshire!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links