Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ebay 03 Sport Is Is Back But With Bin £5000!

Looks like his eBay account has been cloned, another example of that scummy environment :yawn:

Took this from the listing:

Q: My wife and i are very interested in this car but we are both concerned about the milage being so low, is this genuine? with full service history?

08-Sep-05

A: I don't know what is going on, but this add is on my eBay page and I didn't list this item. I am in the process of trying to cancel this auction. I live in the USA and this is a surprize to me.

I emailed him a couple of days ago when it was listed. I offered to buy the car there and then but he said that the car was in Greece as he had just moved there and could not get on with a right hand drive car. He wanted to do a sale through Triple Deal. This involves me paying the full amount to Triple Deal. I have an inspection period of 7 days. If I send the car back I get my money back if I keep the car they then pay the amount to the seller. Here is the catch, the inspection period starts from the sale date and the car wont arrive for about 9 days so there is no chance to view.

Can't one of our police members run a check on the number plate of the car? That could either warn someone that their car is being offered or find out who the culprit is?

BIG SCAM COMMON ON eBay

OFFERING CARS & MOTOR BIKES

BEWARE

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK AS IT IS NOT DONE THROUGH PAYPAL

This is a case of a typical email sent to the user

saying

Dear eBay member we have reason to belive that your account has been used

for fraudulant activity please click on link below and input your account name

and password (And at that point you have just kissed your money goodbye, and your bank account details too through Paypal)

NEVER EVER RESPOND TO THEM TYPE OF MAILS

from eBay

PAYPAL

AND ALL THE BANKS

THESE PEOPLE WILL NEVER EMAIL YOU AND ASK FOR YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS

AS THEY ALREADY HAVE THEM???

BIG SCAM COMMON ON EBAY

OFFERING CARS & MOTOR BIKES

BEWARE

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK AS IT IS NOT DONE THROUGH PAYPAL

This is a case of a typical email sent to the user

saying

Dear Ebay member we have reason to belive that your account has been used

for fraudulant activity please click on link below and input your account name

and password (And at that point you have just kissed your money goodbye, and your bank account details too through Paypal)

NEVER EVER RESPOND TO THEM TYPE OF MAILS

from EBAY

PAYPAL

AND ALL THE BANKS

THESE PEOPLE WILL NEVER EMAIL YOU AND ASK FOR YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS

AS THEY ALREADY HAVE THEM???

Its really quite worrying that this could happen. Wouldnt the bank have to compensate you though in case of fraud?

Its really quite worrying that this could happen. Wouldnt the bank have to compensate you though in case of fraud?

Afraid not because you have a duty of care not to reveal your details to anyone and all banks make a point of telling you that will not ask for those details.

Would you sign a cheque, leave it blank, and pin it to a lamp post? Same sort of thing.

Afraid not because you have a duty of care not to reveal your details to anyone and all banks make a point of telling you that will not ask for those details.

Would you sign a cheque, leave it blank, and pin it to a lamp post? Same sort of thing.

Ah right, I see your point.

i think it would be more similar to handing a check over to a person in a shop who is pretending to be and who you believe to be the shop keeper

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links