Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Did You Put One Camera In Your Lexus

having seen so many stories about how people denied their liability when they hit other's cars, I bought a camera (Less than 3 pounds, cheap) and leave it in my is200. If there is an unlucky accident happend to me in the future, I would like to use it to take some pictures.

I was also told that in UK, polic won't judge whose fault it is in accident. So we need some weapon to protect ourself.

The question is, can the pictures be used as proof if there is dispute?

I've wondered about this recently, how hard would it be to set up 4 tiny cameras (one on each side of the car) to be continuously recording to a DVR (bit like a CCTV system)?

I'm pretty sure that if you have photo proof, it can be used

I've wondered about this recently, how hard would it be to set up 4 tiny cameras (one on each side of the car) to be continuously recording to a DVR (bit like a CCTV system)?

Hi, I think the camera can be used only after the accident.

No real-time

You know, from the position of two car, normally expert can tell whose fault it it.

IN fact, I was think developing some kind of CCTV camera for cars...

Do you have any idea about this? Maybe it can be a big market...

Hi, I think the camera can be used only after the accident.

No real-time

You know, from the position of two car, normally expert can tell whose fault it it.

IN fact, I was think developing some kind of CCTV camera for cars...

Do you have any idea about this? Maybe it can be a big market...

Also use your mobile phone (or mp3 recorder if it can record..)to record the conversatioin between you, polic and the other party.............

I was hit a few years ago - saw the woman from the top of the tower block we were working on at the time - when i got downstairs she flatly denied it ! :angry:

I took a camera and took pictures of the side of my car, the marks on it and the dent (car was only 4 days old too :crying: ) I then took pictures of her bumper and the shape of it - it fitted my car perfectly.

Sent them to the insurance Co and they used it against her - she had no choice but to fess up.

(she also hit another car at the same time !!)

I always keep a camera in the car. - Nowt expensive - just enough though.

I was hit a few years ago - saw the woman from the top of the tower block we were working on at the time - when i got downstairs she flatly denied it !  :angry:

I took a camera and took pictures of the side of my car, the marks on it and the dent (car was only 4 days old too  :crying: ) I then took pictures of her bumper and the shape of it - it fitted my car perfectly.

Sent them to the insurance Co and they used it against her - she had no choice but to fess up.

Thats clever thinking, imagine if youd not seen her do it. Nothing like this sort of thing makes you feel better for determination on getting results.

I was hit a few years ago - saw the woman from the top of the tower block we were working on at the time - when i got downstairs she flatly denied it !  :angry:

I took a camera and took pictures of the side of my car, the marks on it and the dent (car was only 4 days old too  :crying: ) I then took pictures of her bumper and the shape of it - it fitted my car perfectly.

Thats clever thinking, imagine if youd not seen her do it. Nothing like this sort of thing makes you feel better for determination on getting results.

heres some ideas currently on the market

1. the wing mirrors are a great place, and cameras are available

2. Any lock!!! Keyhole cameras are small, un-noticable, and fantastic. There are 5 doors on your car, thats 5 cameras!

3. Most places for a camera, its on the market. Be imaginative!

The camera will need to have the time / date imprinted on the image.

The camera itself will then also become an exhibit, and should be readily availble if the case was to goto court, as evidence in the case.

Otherwise, you might as well take pictures of your nekked partners .......... :D

The camera will need to have the time / date imprinted on the image.

Doesn't that rule out cheap disposables then?? bummer if it does :( but isn't the time and date user settable on most cameras? so that could be frigged anyway :huh:

I'm sure I've read in insurance booklets that you get with the policy advising to carry a camera for such instances

I've used photos from a standard camera without date/time on when an insurance claim went to court. The photos weren't even of my car but were to show road layout, amount of traffic and normal traffic flow (which was unusual - using right hand lane to turn left at roundabout). The photos definitely helped me present my case effectively and I won.

I've been toying with this idea, and thinking of ways to develop a system.

I work for Protec PLC aka Quadnetics, and the entire company is based around CCTV and Security. I have a wealth of knowledge at my fingertips, and am seriously thinking about the miniDVR route.

Seeing as I will be installing an Carputer eventually, this is something i will definately be taking up.

I suggest we all keep these thoughts and idea's alive, because the more we talk about it, the easier things will be to create. Security is something I feel very strongly about. And i'd freely share my knowledge on it.

Has anyone come close to creating any sort of system in reality or on paper yet?

Would be good to read through some or any of your thoughts on this.

I've been toying with this idea, and thinking of ways to develop a system.

I work for Protec PLC aka Quadnetics, and the entire company is based around CCTV and Security. I have a wealth of knowledge at my fingertips, and am seriously thinking about the miniDVR route.

Seeing as I will be installing an Carputer eventually, this is something i will definately be taking up.

I suggest we all keep these thoughts and idea's alive, because the more we talk about it, the easier things will be to create. Security is something I feel very strongly about. And i'd freely share my knowledge on it.

Has anyone come close to creating any sort of system in reality or on paper yet?

Would be good to read through some or any of your thoughts on this.

Niraj, I am thinking of the way of computer because I am majored in computer science.

I don't think we need continues pictures. 10 frames per second I think is OK for this purpose.

The most important thing is, this system is upgradable because computer system is open. You can add almost all functions to this system gradually.

I'm thinking SCSI storage with encrypted recording software rather than a specific DVR unit. This allows it to expand and integrate itself with the carputer.

However, my company have a new product which we are currently developing, and its a DVR small in size and can handle 4 cameras. It's about the size of 2 optical drives. Small and compact.

One of our new sister companies develops onboard cameras for buses, so when i get a chance i'll be talking to the engineers over there.

Will keep you informed, but i think we're both thinking along the same lines :)

Wow can't believe other people have thought about this :ohmy:

When I suggested it, it was just a idea, but one I thought was quite impractical and also hard to do. But now it seems it isn't as difficult as I imagined, I would really be interested if someone could figure out technical side of having something like this running all the time, recording all four sides of the car

Where would the cameras be mounted with a system like that? And would they work well in the dark, etc?

Good idea for the camera but the recording bit probably wont work.

My insurance company has a section in the small print that states NEVER to admit liability in an accident even if it is your fault.

This day and age who admits liability anyway? Just let the insurance company sort it out, it's usually a 50/50 blame that they go after.

Having had my car damaged in a car park, and have the cuplrit drive away leaving no details (but leaving me with a £350 bill for repairs) I think that concealed cameras in the car are a brilliant idea. I would definitely get them fitted, if only for the satisfaction of catching the culprit and seeing their face when confronted with the 'evidence'!!

Too many people get away with damaging other people's cars / property, I'm sure there would be a huge market for this, especially within LOC!

Amanda

The single most important thing about video evidence is provenance.

You have to prove that the "footage" was taken at an exact time and date, so the date and time stamp must be from either MSF or GPS. Take today as an example, you get out of the car, take pics and the pictures were taken at 11:27, woops should be 10:27 cos you forgot to change the time on your camera.

Next you have to prove that the evidence has not been tampered with. So in a situation with a video a police officer would have to take the recorded images and SIGN for them, you then need a copy of the same, recorded at the same time and again witnessed by the police officer as a true copy of the one he has.

Then you can prove the video is real and it would be admissible.

Very complicated :crybaby:

Wow can't believe other people have thought about this  :ohmy:

When I suggested it, it was just a idea, but one I thought was quite impractical and also hard to do. But now it seems it isn't as difficult as I imagined, I would really be interested if someone could figure out technical side of having something like this running all the time, recording all four sides of the car

Where would the cameras be mounted with a system like that? And would they work well in the dark, etc?

they already have ! it has been in the states for quite some time now.

Yep, they certainly have Rob. I've been trying to get a demo of the new types that stay on 24/7.

With the engine off, they trigger on lighter knocks and bumps.

Can't find the new type, but here's the exisiting ones for accidents, etc.

LOOKY HERE

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links