Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heated Seats

thought i'd pose a different question in the forum today... :D

so here it is:

are the heated seats on the IS200 SE, on a timer / thermostat?

:D all who wish to answer, please reply.

thermostat I believe

that explains why it turns off then :lol:

now for the second part to the question... why doesn't the heated seats turn on straight away?

for example: my seats heat up to a good temperature around 15 minutes into my journey :(

Anyone know if it's possible to make them stay on? I always thought it was strange that on a 30 minute journey they only warm your backside at around the 10-15 minute mark for about 5 minutes and then go off for the rest of it!

My girlfriend keeps complaining... :unsure:

Anyone know if it's possible to make them stay on? I always thought it was strange that on a 30 minute journey they only warm your backside at around the 10-15 minute mark for about 5 minutes and then go off for the rest of it!

My girlfriend keeps complaining... :unsure:

my exact same scenario... journey to work takes me no more than 25 minutes... my bum is heated for approximately 4 minutes :( of the trip.

Lol! Thought this only happened to my heated seat! Explains why mine goes off now, at least now i can stop worrying that its not a problem!!

Bit annoying though!

Mine only take about 5 mins to get comfortable but I usually turn them off when they get hot. Luckily it looks like the end of the season for needing heated seats.

my exact same scenario... journey to work takes me no more than 25 minutes... my bum is heated for approximately 4 minutes :( of the trip.

That doesn't seem right, my seat heaters get to full temp in less than 5 minutes :blink:

I only use them as they nicely fill the gap while the climate control gets up to full operating temp, which in fact is usually after just under 10 minutes.......

I find after 5 minutes, it's warm enough for me (not hot) so I turn it off. My wife on the other hand (passenger seat) leaves it on all the time and says she can feel it going on and off with the thermostat. Never too hot though.

Sounds like some of you have thermostat problems.

IanB :D

That doesn't seem right, my seat heaters get to full temp in less than 5 minutes :blink:

I only use them as they nicely fill the gap while the climate control gets up to full operating temp, which in fact is usually after just under 10 minutes.......

As I've learned the operation of the heated seat is based on thermostat and the outside temperature. The duration is longer and it turns on itself often if the outside temperature goes below zero degree.

As I've learned the operation of the heated seat is based on thermostat and the outside temperature. The duration is longer and it turns on itself often if the outside temperature goes below zero degree.

That'd be about right I never turn mine off (winter time) and on my 2 hour commute each way its nice and warm in the morning but hardly comes on, on the return trip. BTW if you suffer from any sort of lower back problem give it a try it helps mine.

is there a way to manualy keep them on full time then or adjust the thermostat :duh:

This is possible by bypassing the checking sensor. Auto Elec should be able to carry out the task. But keep in mind that by doing this you're risking the scorch of your bum or at least the seat and the heating function will eventually cooked :D

is there a way to manualy keep them on full time then or adjust the thermostat :duh:

This is possible by bypassing the checking sensor. Auto Elec should be able to carry out the task. But keep in mind that by doing this you're risking the scorch of your bum or at least the seat and the heating function will eventually cooked :D

Which is why most heat generating appliances etc have a cut-out (such as convestor heaters, kettles, even electric hobs) - to prevent the heating element to "get cooked" and reduce its life.

Plus its a safety thing as well.

I'm sure electricians and the like can confirm this.

D.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links