Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Induction Kit

P38Aaron

Hello, I'm a newby.

Got an IS200 sport on a T plate and im wanting to fit an induction kit.

Been to my local car store and they can't get hold of anything appart from a bodge-it kit, various pipes then an HKS filter.

Have looked on prolex and seen one there, prolex's own which seems quite good, anybody got any experiences with these and know how easy they are to fit?

Once fitted does the car need to be tuned after, if the fuel freezes in the cold and where that little plug will go (air flow/mass sensor maybe)

I'v also got a 2 point Cusco strut brace (front and rear) will this hit an induction kit?

Or should i just keep with the stock filter, is there any advantages to an induction kit?

Thanks for taking a look and look forward to any help

Aaron

:offtopic: cheers Dave got the motor to steve at charlesworth,and the spring had already got there.getting it charged tomorrow cant wait,cheers once again.Had a test drive of Lee Iceman's motor,its the nutts. :D :D

www.prolex-uk.com

Thats the place for modifying your Lex! Can i suggest the Kazama exhaust as well...with the induction kit and a few miles running in it sounds sweet as a nut!

Does the Kazama exhaust make alot of noise?

I'm feeling like going noisey when I get some cash together I imagine it will be great with an induction kit on at 4k-5k revs...lol

I'm feeling like going noisey when I get some cash together I imagine it will be great with an induction kit on at 4k-5k revs...lol

Yes according to Mr.Singh, the Kazama is very Loud.....

Going in the exhaust direction now, whats about? dont want anything too loud just nice and subtle...dont want anything thats gonna drone at 70...ish on a motorway for an hour.

there anybody about that does a tuneable for an IS200?

anybody have a play with a blueflame off eBay are thwy any good?

cheers

Kazama was loud on the 4 cylinder Altezza. Its not loud on the IS200 :D

Hmm well that kinda answers my question too, I think prolex maybe getting some money from me :)

It has a very nice rumbling too it, especially when it gets warm. Sounds really nice driving through a tunnel at about 70 in 6th then putting your foot down.

Don't really notice any droning noise at cruising speed, only when you put your foot down.

A vid of mine before it was supercharged.

MOV file, 7.4Mb

3GP file, lover quality, 90Kb

Going in the exhaust direction now, whats about? dont want anything too loud just nice and subtle...dont want anything thats gonna drone at 70...ish on a motorway for an hour.

there anybody about that does a tuneable for an IS200?

anybody have a play with a blueflame off ebay are thwy any good?

cheers

I have a Blue Flame........and soon am going to have a second one :ohmy: :winky: :D

It has a very nice rumbling too it, especially when it gets warm. Sounds really nice driving through a tunnel at about 70 in 6th then putting your foot down.

Don't really notice any droning noise at cruising speed, only when you put your foot down.

A vid of mine before it was supercharged.

MOV file, 7.4Mb

3GP file, lover quality, 90Kb

Agreed.

Like the blitz nur spec on the IS is not too loud. On the altezza its loud.

but....but....but, Chris is200 "WANTS LOUD".

• 3 weeks later...
cheers mate, thats enough info for me Prolex it is then :D

i know hes takene some flak but my bonnet was fine, was a JAE but stlil didnt check i till i got it, back anythng over eBay is watched and u buy what u get, if the picture is a is200 and the title and description is somethings else READ what your buying, i trust him but never heard any reviews with that inductuon kit.

P.S. had way to much to drick sorrty for the posat

cheers mate, thats enough info for me Prolex it is then :D

order rec'd many thanks :D

Can you PM me your post code its not making sense the one I have

The other kit mentioned on eBay didnt look to have the filter well positioned IMHO reckon it would get loads of hot air ! LHD car as well !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links