Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lower Than A Snake's Belly

Been having a play around with the HKS coilovers this afternoon and fitted the new TTE Chicane rims all shod with 235/35 Bridgestone Potenza S03 Pole's. With the lower profile rubber I was able to drop another 30mm at the rear and 12mm at the front without any rubbing.

(cheers for the tip Gord!)

Here she is.......

med_gallery_8450_122_19386.jpg

med_gallery_8450_122_14434.jpg

med_gallery_8450_122_6350.jpg

How long does it usually take to raise or lower the car? I was just thinking about getting on the boat to Germany.

It's all a bit trial and error really, balancing up the front and rears so it all looks right and doesn't rub. Took me about 2-1/2 hrs start to finish. After struggling with the first coil I gave them all a good dousing of WD40 which made life a bit easier.

Looks awesome, although there must not be any speed humps in Nottingham! :lol:

Really like those wheels too, keep getting tempted by them on eBay, and then getting a reality check and not buying them..... :o

Looks awesome, although there must not be any speed humps in Nottingham! :lol:

Really like those wheels too, keep getting tempted by them on ebay, and then getting a reality check and not buying them..... :o

There's plenty of speed bumps here.......Mrs M's Yaris is more suitable for town driving! (Even if I have pimp'd her ride with some -40mm PI springs :lol: )

These TTE's are just a temporary set of rims really, until the FI Toyomoto conversion is finished, then I'll be fitting an 8.5" x 18" with a 245/35 at the front and a 9.5" x 18" with either a 265/35 or 275/35 at the rear to handle 400rwhp @ 18psi boost. :winky:

These TTE's are just a temporary set of rims really, until the FI Toyomoto conversion is finished, then I'll be fitting an 8.5" x 18" with a 245/35 at the front and a 9.5" x 18" with either a 265/35 or 275/35 at the rear to handle 400rwhp @ 18psi boost. :winky:

That makes sense, you're gonna need some serious rubber on those rear wheels to be able to handle all that power :winky:

Here's a thought for you......

Since I've gone lower, the suspension feels slightly softer. Is this as a result of:

1) The fact that reducing the ride height places the coilover springs in a state of lower compression?

or

2) The lower profile tyres.....but I can't see how

Since I've gone lower, the suspension feels slightly softer. Is this as a result of:

1) The fact that reducing the ride height places the coilover springs in a state of lower compression?

or

3) Its just you :lol:

or

No. 1

That's what I have found, it gives the springs less work to do and you're not allowing the suspension to perform to it's best. Looks stunning though!!!

I think the wheels suit the car really well - I can kinda see what white wheels would look like, I've been thinking of painting the spokes on mine white and keeping the polishid rim.

11 out of 10 mate on looks!

Ash

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links