Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

30,000 Mile Is300 Service £350 From Hatfield

Ive just booked my Lexus in to Hatfield for its 3 year or 30,000 mile service and they have quoted me £350.

This seems a bit steep, I mean I know it needs its MOT certificate but I thought they were just changing the oil and filters and coolants and sump gasket. Anyone got any comments? Should I get them to lower the quote?

Ive just booked my Lexus in to Hatfield for its 3 year or 30,000 mile service and they have quoted me £350.

This seems a bit steep, I mean I know it needs its MOT certificate but I thought they were just changing the oil and filters and coolants and sump gasket. Anyone got any comments? Should I get them to lower the quote?

Is that with or without Gold discount and VAT?

Is that with or without Gold discount and VAT?

without the discount and I assume with VAT

That does seem steep for the 30k - I paid about £160 IIRC.

Not sure though if it makes a difference being 3 yrs (as I do 2k/month) - maybe brake fluid change or something?

My 30K/3yr service was done last summer at Lexus Aberdeen and I was charged £154 including VAT (I wasn't Gold then). This included £42 for semi-synth oil (steep?) and no MOT, but I was happy with the overall bill.

You should look elsewhere.

IanB :D

The servicing schedule doesn't make any difference to the age of the car, basically your being ripped off mate.

It'll be cheaper for you to drive to Lexus Chester for about £150 and spend the difference on petrol, pressies and lunch for you and your misses (or a mate ;-) ) !!

Ask them if they are price matching, if they don't - walk.

mmm looks like Ive been quoted for a full service or something the price doesnt seem right to me now Ive heard your stories. Im going to give them another call and sort this out. Thanks for the feedback.

i have got a phone call,said she is work on behalf of lexus bristol, i need my 30Ks service now,i think i won't be a lot,but when i asked for how much,don't think anyone can believe it!! over 800 quid!!! i just ended the call!!! maybe my english isn't good enough,can't remember what type of service she was mentioned it!! but 800quid for a 30k service,don't think anyone will do it! is that lexus bristol more expansive than anywhere else on everything??

£350 is too steep. I paid £290 for a full 40K service. It pays to phone a around. I live in London and my local garage quoted me £380 for a full service. I phoned around and Lexus Reading quoted £290. A saving of 90 quid!!!

i have got a phone call,said she is work on behalf of lexus bristol, i need my 30Ks service now,i think i won't be a lot,but when i asked for how much,don't think anyone can believe it!! over 800 quid!!! i just ended the call!!! maybe my english isn't good enough,can't remember what type of service she was mentioned it!! but 800quid for a 30k service,don't think anyone will do it! is that lexus bristol more expansive than anywhere else on everything??

My car was serviced throughout its 40k history before me by lexus Bristol and Cardiff. Some of the bills i have seen are fecking atrocious. One is for £1600 :o and granted they replaced a shock absorber etc but ***** almighty the previous owner was royally shafted by these thieves.

Ask them that you wish to watch them as they do the service. I bet they wont let you.

Eddie find a good independent garage mate.

I found one that had ex lexus and toyota techs/mechanics. They invited me to watch every step and provide refreshments lol! Saved a fortune and they told me the horror stories of what actually goes on behind the scenes of these 'BIG' dealers.

Never take it to them.

My car was serviced throughout its 40k history before me by lexus Bristol and Cardiff. Some of the bills i have seen are fecking atrocious. One is for £1600 :o and granted they replaced a shock absorber etc but ***** almighty the previous owner was royally shafted by these thieves.

Ask them that you wish to watch them as they do the service. I bet they wont let you.

Eddie find a good independent garage mate.

I found one that had ex lexus and toyota techs/mechanics. They invited me to watch every step and provide refreshments lol! Saved a fortune and they told me the horror stories of what actually goes on behind the scenes of these 'BIG' dealers.

Never take it to them.

I may take that advice now that the car is coming to 3 years old it will be out of warranty. The only problem is not having the Lexus stamp in the service book, that will affect its resale value wont it?

find out how much they are charging for the coolant change.

Also how much they charge for the oil. Some dealers charge up to £70 for oil.

Ok I will do. I think they use synthetic oil and looking back I was charged about £8 a litre for it. Not sure what the coolant charge is.

I am not sure that it will have a dramatic affect on resale value eddie, i dont think it will as long as its serviced by a GOOD independent. Really depends on on how long you wish to keep it?

A lot of service books have fake stamps indicating services carried out by main dealers when in fact they havent at all.

Only way to check is too ring up the dealer in question.

I spoke to a garage round the corner from where I live and they quoted me £200 for the service,

Ive just got to the dealer again and they price has miraculously come down to £235 inc VAT

Oil is charged at £9.35 a litre for Mobil Synthetic. How many litres of oil does the IS300 take?

I spoke to a garage round the corner from where I live and they quoted me £200 for the service,

Ive just got to the dealer again and they price has miraculously come down to £235 inc VAT

Oil is charged at £9.35 a litre for Mobil Synthetic. How many litres of oil does the IS300 take?

5,5l with filter

i have got IS200( 2000) and last week i went to the Lexus in Edgware Road( London ) ask for the service. they told me my car almost 60k and i better have full service, so i asked them how much will be? guess what. £1000. i cannot belive cost me £1000 just for the service .

i have got IS200( 2000) and last week i went to the Lexus in Edgware Road( London ) ask for the service. they told me my car almost 60k and i better have full service, so i asked them how much will be? guess what. £1000. i cannot belive cost me £1000 just for the service .

1000 for a 60k service think u have been ripped

My IS300 is coming up for it's 30,000 mile service, so phoned Lexus Southend and they quoted £389.30 including vat, that's just too much

blimey

whats up with these dealers???

My IS300 is coming up for it's 30,000 mile service, so phoned Lexus Southend and they quoted £389.30 including vat, that's just too much

blimey

Meeting their quarterly quota :D

Just took my MR2 in to my local independent garage for timing belt change, plugs, HT leads, dizzy cap + rotor, new front pads. I supplied all the parts, they fitted them, did a cracking job and charged me just £180 inclusive for 6 hours labour. :D

blimey

Meeting their quarterly quota :D

i think im gonna flog my car and move back into central london it will be cheaper :duh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links