Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fashion

Pip

I like my classsic and basic cuts. Being big makes it a bit more limited with some of the main stream labels the likes of armani and versace (skinnier males or malnutriented lol! :D )

I tend to stick with Nicole Farhi, CP Company, Ralph Lauren, Iceberg and Boss.

What about you guys or are some of you anti-label??

Couldn't care less what label a peice of clothing has. As long as I like it and its good quality and well made, then why pay £££ extra... :)

Couldn't care less what label a peice of clothing has. As long as I like it and its good quality and well made, then why pay £££ extra... :)

I agree but i find that some of the cuts and styles i like are all made by designers so i dont have a choice. Besides i dont like wearing clothes that everyone has.

Second that. However, I come across Armani and other up market makes. Pay nothing for them, so i cant complain.

Screw mainstream designer clothes. Tailor made is the way to go. I don't buy anything from the UK. I get my gear from Milano every 6 months, as even their high street clothes look cool. :blush: :D

Gucci / Prada / Ralph Lauren / Hugo Boss / Armani / Paul Smith / Versaci

Anything that looks good and is designer :D

I'm THAT shallow :blink:

Adie, i have seen the biggest attrocities with some of the design houses they dont always get it right. I remember one season yohji had this wollen jumper that looked like a 12 sheep had been sheered for this one awful garment, f*cking rank mate.

Also what comes to mind are those stone island coats with green goggles built into them. When is someone going to be in the region of a nuclear plant?

Gucci / Prada / Ralph Lauren / Hugo Boss / Armani / Paul Smith / Versaci

Anything that looks good and is designer :D

I'm THAT shallow :blink:

Adie, i have seen the biggest attrocities with some of the design houses they dont always get it right. I remember one season yohji had this wollen jumper that looked like a 12 sheep had been sheered for this one awful garment, f*cking rank mate.

Also what comes to mind are those stone island coats with green goggles built into them. When is someone going to be in the region of a nuclear plant?

Hence my point that it has to look good. One shopping assistant was trying to sell me a line of checkered cardigans. The one I was tyring on was purple and white :sick: I asked out of curiosity how much and he told me £450 :duh:

Strictly Hugo Boss.......

Prada, hugo boss and armani for clubbing moschino get s a look in too but not that bothered about the labels if it looks good it looks good. Tend to wear alot of Hayashi and atama at the min :D

labels are for posers.

I would be more anti label as i wont wear Tommy Hilfiger (sp?) or anything that has a medium to large logo emblazened on it. Thats why i went for the IS 200, quality and not flash.

If it looks good and is comfy i'll always pay extra regardless of label. For footwear i will always buy the best in the shop.

I agree munch. Thats why all you will find PROPER designer stuff is hardly labelled or if it is then it is very discreet.

The stuff you are on about is the cheaper more accessible stuff to the public that dont have to lavish a few hundred on a single garment. I cant stand huge logos and names splashed across.

The people who know their sh!t will be able to tell.

Never knew you lot were such pikeys! Ted baker, Versaci - you'll be telling me burberry next.

Pip Nicole Farhi i'll let you have as half ok but you cannot class, CP Company, Ralph Lauren, Iceberg and Boss as proper designers sorry, and that goes even more so for Stone Island, Ted Baker etc.................

Hugo Boss are good for a good cut suit if you can't afford tailor made and that is it.................

Independant designers will and have always been the best because they are well executed pieces.

"DESIGNER CLOTHES" as a label is utter tosh and basically means anything the common pikey would wear.

Don't care....so long as it fits and it's good quality. I buy a lot of stuff in the US coz it's cheap and top quality.

likewise, i like to save most of my clothes shopping for the US. the selection over there is extensive and the quality is soooo much better than the stuff you can get over here!!

i do wear 'designer clothes' but its not a must in my eyes. i like to go for clothes that look good, are of good quality and suit the purpose they are for!!

if people wanna spend £200 on a t-shirt, thats up to them. seems like a waste of money for something as standard as that. i can understand people paying for unique, tailor made clothing.....its the best around!!!

Never knew you lot were such pikeys! Ted baker, Versaci - you'll be telling me burberry next.

Pip Nicole Farhi i'll let you have as half ok but you cannot class, CP Company, Ralph Lauren, Iceberg and Boss as proper designers sorry, and that goes even more so for Stone Island, Ted Baker etc.................

Hugo Boss are good for a good cut suit if you can't afford tailor made and that is it.................

Independant designers will and have always been the best because they are well executed pieces.

"DESIGNER CLOTHES" as a label is utter tosh and basically means anything the common pikey would wear.

I get where you are coming from Deejaygee. Let me clarify though, i used to model and have a bit of an understanding of fashion house couture: ;)

The common stuff as i mentioned earlier is made for the public to access relatively cheaply so everyone can have a piece of the 'designer' pie.

In actual fact they had about as much hand in the mass produced stuff as they do wiping their own arse.

Because their 'name' is on it doesnt mean it is designer, all ppl have bought into is the commoditity that is a name. The true roots are associated with it being a fashion house but this is where any similarity ends.

True designer gear there are only a few pieces of (if that), unique, sold mainly in the boutiques and sell for MEGA bucks.

You are paying for the design of the garment which has true input and prestige of owning an individual piece. eg: I have a Christian Dior black fitted shirt that cost £799.99. There are 6 in this country and i have the 52", i am the only one with XL. I dont see many pikeys ever being able to afford this let alone know that Christian Dior is a fine Fashion House!!

There are different stages of the affordability which is relative to different lines ie. Ralph Lauren purple label (boutique and high end) compared to Ralph Lauren polo sport (sporting line and affordable) and Giorgio Armani white label (boutique and again high end) compared to Armani Jeans (cheap end).

Stuff like your RL purple and GA white is only labelled at the back on the tag (No one would ever know) and the price difference between both lines is several hundred pounds. As i said before i like my classic cuts and the upper band lines cater for them.

Again there is a parallel with affordability and exclusivity.

You know when you are wearing something created by a fashion designer, most people will never understand this because they dont know any different. The people who have tailored clothes etc will understand.

I cannot comment on Versace because i have never liked or got on with it.

Now it depends on which end of the scale we are talking about. I agree completely that the cheaper end stuff is common as muck and looks about as good as a designer top from TK-MAXX with a turd stain on it.

However you talk about things like Iceberg History (expensive line and highly collectable) if you can still find it which i collect then i have only seen about 5 ppl in my life with it on plus you are talking in the region of £300-1200 a jumper. Brilliant stuff, high quality and so individual.

Iceberg Jeans though your local dole dosser may own a top as they are pennies and accessible.

Unfortunately SI has got itself a bad reputation through its use as 'the terrace uniform' of the yob. I really used to like SI and old school lacoste and i stil do have pieces from back in the ninties when i were a lad. You cant beat the old school stuff.

I do blame a lot of the increase of these labels in particular being associated as chav wear due to the abundance of fakes and the ever growing/wanting market of expensive clothing for cheap. It is a walking contradiction(see above).

It doesnt happen in this market.

I agree that tailor made clothes are obviously great and made for you but your local Sri Lankan shirt maker doesnt have the presitige of say Issey Miyake and to some people that means all the difference.

Paul Smith, Gianfranco Ferre, Hugo Boss, Tommy Hilfiger, Nina Ricci, Salvatore Ferragamo, LaCoste, Yves Saint Laurent

For my ties, mostly Channel.

I blame my other half though, because she's into the fashion stuff having previously worked at one of the companies which supplies fabric/textiles to the big-name designers.

L.

Not fussed with names either way. (well, not since I left school!!)

If it looks good on me, i'll buy it, regardless if it's George at ASDA, or the boutiques in Covent Garden, couldnt really give a ******* to be honest!

This seems to be a "whos richer than who" thread to me :winky:

I get where you are coming from Deejaygee. Let me clarify though, i used to model and have a bit of an understanding of fashion house couture: ;)

The common stuff as i mentioned earlier is made for the public to access relatively cheaply so everyone can have a piece of the 'designer' pie.

In actual fact they had about as much hand in the mass produced stuff as they do wiping their own arse.

Because their 'name' is on it doesnt mean it is designer, all ppl have bought into is the commoditity that is a name. The true roots are associated with it being a fashion house but this is where any similarity ends.

True designer gear there are only a few pieces of (if that), unique, sold mainly in the boutiques and sell for MEGA bucks.

You are paying for the design of the garment which has true input and prestige of owning an individual piece. eg: I have a Christian Dior black fitted shirt that cost £799.99. There are 6 in this country and i have the 52", i am the only one with XL. I dont see many pikeys ever being able to afford this let alone know that Christian Dior is a fine Fashion House!!

There are different stages of the affordability which is relative to different lines ie. Ralph Lauren purple label (boutique and high end) compared to Ralph Lauren polo sport (sporting line and affordable) and Giorgio Armani white label (boutique and again high end) compared to Armani Jeans (cheap end).

Stuff like your RL purple and GA white is only labelled at the back on the tag (No one would ever know) and the price difference between both lines is several hundred pounds. As i said before i like my classic cuts and the upper band lines cater for them.

Again there is a parallel with affordability and exclusivity.

You know when you are wearing something created by a fashion designer, most people will never understand this because they dont know any different. The people who have tailored clothes etc will understand.

I cannot comment on Versace because i have never liked or got on with it.

Now it depends on which end of the scale we are talking about. I agree completely that the cheaper end stuff is common as muck and looks about as good as a designer top from TK-MAXX with a turd stain on it.

However you talk about things like Iceberg History (expensive line and highly collectable) if you can still find it which i collect then i have only seen about 5 ppl in my life with it on plus you are talking in the region of £300-1200 a jumper. Brilliant stuff, high quality and so individual.

Iceberg Jeans though your local dole dosser may own a top as they are pennies and accessible.

Unfortunately SI has got itself a bad reputation through its use as 'the terrace uniform' of the yob. I really used to like SI and old school lacoste and i stil do have pieces from back in the ninties when i were a lad. You cant beat the old school stuff.

I do blame a lot of the increase of these labels in particular being associated as chav wear due to the abundance of fakes and the ever growing/wanting market of expensive clothing for cheap. It is a walking contradiction(see above).

It doesnt happen in this market.

I agree that tailor made clothes are obviously great and made for you but your local Sri Lankan shirt maker doesnt have the presitige of say Issey Miyake and to some people that means all the difference.

........ and the award for longest post this year goes to ................. :D

Not fussed with names either way. (well, not since I left school!!)

If it looks good on me, i'll buy it, regardless if it's George at ASDA, or the boutiques in Covent Garden, couldnt really give a ******* to be honest!

This seems to be a "whos richer than who" thread to me :winky:

... totally agree with you Nick...

Very little point...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links