Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Lexus Is200 Is No More.. Cat D Write Off

TomCooper

Sorry Aido, your lex got totalled, was on way home tuesday morning in the fog, and another car pulled out in front of me, is a shame, was a very nice car :( although i getting what i payed for it back on insurance, so not all bad.

I am now after another 1, same colour, same everything if possible, any for sale?

Also buying it back from insurance, as its only fron end damage, i have entire rear everythign for sale in a couple weeks, anyone interested in anyparts.

er7987680.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch - hope you're OK.

Probably not the right thing to say but I really like the photo, if it wasn't of a damaged car it'd be fantastic :D

Sad that its gone but at least your ok, you lost no money and i have to agree It's a verry pretty picture apart from the 'slight' front end damage.

Im just after a sat nav housing so if there is one in there for sale let me know.

What was the spec of the car, colour age, any mods?

Craig

X reg 2000 IS200 Sport, Granite sky, no sat nav, 1/2 suede 1/2 leather interior, TRD side skrts and rear skirt seem to be ok, erm... just ask about anything else.

Will strip anything from the car, the engine was still running after crash, for about 10 seconds before i switched it off, but will check see if is ok. once i get the car back i will take photo's and things which are broken etc.

Yup, that photo was pretty good, got couple more will post up of teh car before got smashed.

X reg 2000 IS200 Sport, Granite sky, no sat nav, 1/2 suede 1/2 leather interior, TRD side skrts and rear skirt seem to be ok, erm... just ask about anything else.

Will strip anything from the car, the engine was still running after crash, for about 10 seconds before i switched it off, but will check see if is ok. once i get the car back i will take photo's and things which are broken etc.

Yup, that photo was pretty good, got couple more will post up of teh car before got smashed.

at least you can sell the side skirts and rear bumper and the interior normally sells but not for much. im sure there is loads that will sell well. how much did you pay for the car to get it back, if you don't mind?

Dam, i am truely sorry to hear this......but at least your ok, thats the main thing.

there was someone after an engine on here a few days ago........will look who it was,

i could be interetsred in the rear subframe and rear lower suspension arms.

which side was the car hit on, as i could also be intersted in the front lower suspension arms,, as i know someone who is after the right side. also the clutch master cylinder........and manifold

drop us a pm mate, i may have something which could help......

sorry to hear that dude, it always sucks when ya crash a car, last car i smashed i got more than i paid for it from insurance but was still gutted, i loved that car!

might be inapropriate to ask but would u be up for sellin the uppermount from the front right side from the suspension, snapped a bolt on mine only ten mins ago lol. Pm me if your interested in a bit extra cash :)

jay

Sorry to here that mate brings it all home really, it could happen to any of us, must of been some impact to cause that sought of damage i'd dread to think how the other motor faired against the strength of the lex (if you collected the other motor)

Well at least your ok the lex is replacible

Great Picture once again, the damaged Lexus adds a bit of realism to a very atmospheric picture captures the mood brilliantly. :D

I would be interested in the TRD Side and the Rear Skirts please?

What price are you looking at any chance of pics please?

Cheers

Dibslpg

Also buying it back from insurance, as its only fron end damage, i have entire rear everythign for sale in a couple weeks, anyone interested in anyparts.

Damn that looks like some smash! Dunno why people don't realise they need to check twice as hard before pulling out in fog :angry:

At least you're ok and you got your money back - but it was a very nice example as far as IS200s go ;)

Good luck finding a new car :)

Thats sucks mate, I know what its like total shock & then ur just thinkin bout the money side.. but cud of been alot worse at least ur ok :)

on the plus side it sounds like ur claimin from them, time for a new shiney car.. Hope the insurance works out quickly for ya..

Double ooops, I bumped my GS300 yesterday, not as bad as yours though, glad your ok

One thing I did notice when the Toyota Carina hit my wing (not that it was their fault :whistling: ) was that their wing, lights, bonnet, bumper, panels all knackered bad, the GS was hardly as bad and I was 100% safe and hardly knew I had been hit

I still don't believe the cost of the bumper, lights and wheel arch trims which need replacing and will probably write the car off on its own

Yea i was fine, not a scratch, and the other car im not sure if i hit or not, as they drove off, when they pulled out i swurved, mounted the curb and ploughed into some metal fencing along the edge of the road. swicthed engine off, jumped out and couldn't see other car for the fog.

I couldn't even tell police what colour it was, but insurance paying out the £7500 that i payed for it, and said i caould buy it back for few quid, wil strip it down in garage, and sell the parts.

Yea, the cockpit is intact, only damage is to front section of the car, back to the rear of the front wings and nothing else on the rear of the car was damaged.

Might be a little while if your after parts, the whole front end is gone, so not sure about the suspension arms just yet.

Thanks for all your concern, if i had been in my astra, or another small car i might be alot worse off :(

Oh, anyone know of an IS300 for sale? in same colour? or maybe IS200 with supercharger or turbo?

Yea i was fine, not a scratch, and the other car im not sure if i hit or not, as they drove off, when they pulled out i swurved, mounted the curb and ploughed into some metal fencing along the edge of the road. swicthed engine off, jumped out and couldn't see other car for the fog.

I couldn't even tell police what colour it was, but insurance paying out the £7500 that i payed for it, and said i caould buy it back for few quid, wil strip it down in garage, and sell the parts.

Yea, the cockpit is intact, only damage is to front section of the car, back to the rear of the front wings and nothing else on the rear of the car was damaged.

Might be a little while if your after parts, the whole front end is gone, so not sure about the suspension arms just yet.

Thanks for all your concern, if i had been in my astra, or another small car i might be alot worse off :(

Oh, anyone know of an IS300 for sale? in same colour? or maybe IS200 with supercharger or turbo?

I have a supercharged granite sky Is200 I keep thinking of selling, if I knew what to replace it with! :lol:

I have a supercharged granite sky Is200 I keep thinking of selling, if I knew what to replace it with! :lol:

pictures? and what aboutr a gs300??? lol

This is what it used to look like :(

Oh, excuse the wax, im not to fond of maguiars anymore, came up like that, wasn't happy

mini-DSCN0059.JPG

mini-DSCN0061.JPG

mini-DSCN0062.JPG

mini-DSCN0064.JPG

mini-DSCN0066.JPG

mini-DSCN0067.JPG

mini-DSCN0078.JPG

mini-DSCN0080.JPG

mini-DSCN0088.JPG

pictures? and what aboutr a gs300??? lol

http://www.fordmondeo.org/garage/index.php?car/9/

As standard as can be! It's a street sleeper ;)

I need to go test drive a scooby / evo to see if thats what i want

GS300 is too boring for me, LS400 didn't float my boat. I like speed :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links