Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Im In Love With Another Car..........

swfcdan

but sadly i cant afford one.....

turned up at uni yesterday, to find my good friend has purchased a new car and i want one sooooooooo much, but way out of my price range :duh:

hes got rid of his M3 convertable (as he said they are too common) lol and bought a brand new Audi Q7. Its the S-line model with all the extras and a 3.0L Tdi engine.

hes only 21 and i thought hed done well to get an M3 but this really did make my jaw drop. it really is a fantastic car, engine is dead quiet yet manages to shift the heafty weight of the car with ease.

Got all the gizmos one would expect and i really am overwhelmed by it. I think the new X5 will have to be something really special to beat this.

ive got some pics on my phone i shall upload them at the weekend.

Think id have stuck with the M3! The Audi's ahve come along way though in looks and performance, but without a good body kit on them they still look like sky riders and boaty back ends! lol

Whats your mate do? Any jobs going? :lol:

Think id have stuck with the M3! The Audi's ahve come along way though in looks and performance, but without a good body kit on them they still look like sky riders and boaty back ends! lol

Whats your mate do? Any jobs going? :lol:

lol hes just a student like me, been mates with him since school and we do the same course as each other at uni.

i thought i was lucky to have a lex and be a dirty tax dodging student :D but he takes the biscuit. His bro is only a few years older than us and he has a Gallardo and the new S-Class, its just insane!

i think the car sits pretty well if the suspension is set at the lowest setting, but i agree when at normal setting it does ride a bit high. hes got plenty of mods in mind for the future two but hes not told me any specifics yet

blasphemy!!! the only car you should be in lurve with is your Lex!!!

:D

i know maneesh, i feel dirty :tomato:

So thats what students are having to drive these days.....

lol i struggled to get a bloody mobile phone!

nah hes just from a wealthy family and his bro has done very well for himself in a few short years.

hes not got it on finance

Edit- i just realised id quoted wrong quote :hehe:

Something I always find strange is all these young looking (12 year old like) kids with baseball caps driving flash cars! Ok, they may come from a rich household where they are spoon fed, but how can they get insured??

I'm 24 and on most of the Group 18 - 20 cars I have no chance of sensible insurance.

Only last week, I saw what I thought was a little kid driving a 56 Plate Carerra 4 and I see loads of Range Rovers/Q7s about too and I am talking about Rochdale/Oldham here, not exactly London!

My accountant says they are just all on contract hire.......... ;)

oh...and why is it that the drives of these flash cars can never afford to have a proper hands free kit or Bluetooth headset for their phone!!!

Range Rover drivers seem to be the worst offenders in my experience.

(Lol - just had a bad morning! :P)

Something I always find strange is all these young looking (12 year old like) kids with baseball caps driving flash cars! Ok, they may come from a rich household where they are spoon fed, but how can they get insured??

I'm 24 and on most of the Group 18 - 20 cars I have no chance of sensible insurance.

Only last week, I saw what I thought was a little kid driving a 56 Plate Carerra 4 and I see loads of Range Rovers/Q7s about too and I am talking about Rochdale/Oldham here, not exactly London!

oh...and why is it that the drives of these flash cars can never afford to have a proper hands free kit or bluetooth headset for their phone!!!

Range Rover drivers seem to be the worst offenders in my experience.

(Lol - just had a bad morning! :P)

Depends what you call sensible insurance. When I first got my lex I was paying over 5k for it.

A lot of the richer people I know from school and who are successful and are my age all own their own cars.

At 22 a good friend of mine insures his Bentley GT for the same I pay for my merc, as they are both group 20.

As for hands free, I would need 3 headsets for my phones so I don't bother, I may be breaking the law, but then I have never been anywhere near close to an accident when on my phone.

Many people in this country if they see someone in a flash car they don't like them, or think of them as overpaid, or spoilt. Th rest of the world when they see someone with a nice car they see them or their family as successful. Brits just can't face the fact they get jealous. I know I am, but I like to think as they or their family are successful.

Not bad looking cars but not meant to be that great reviews have been pretty mixed, can i just ask what uni / college you go to ?????

Sheffield Hallam Uni mate. :blush:

final year and very stressful actually having to do some work :tomato:

"As for hands free, I would need 3 headsets for my phones so I don't bother, I may be breaking the law, but then I have never been anywhere near close to an accident when on my phone"

BUT......if some other idiot hits you while you are driving and phoning, YOU are still at fault for 'not being in full control of your vehicle', and get done probably for dangerous driving. Certain loss of licence and then hiked insurance charges. JUST for thinking that being on the phone is SOOOOOO important?

It's illegal, and CERTAINLY not worth it!

(Am I right, Mr Scarface?)

As I say in my cafe, ...............Let the world go on without you for a while!

oh...and why is it that the drives of these flash cars can never afford to have a proper hands free kit or bluetooth headset for their phone!!!

Your accountant is right. More specifically its leasing. Its basically getting into a lot of debt on the basis that the cars you hire, effectively will be guaranteed rental EVERY week.

Have a few cars on your drive and you become a rental company. :shifty:

Without getting too into it the 'asians' are the main culprits of this.

You accountant should have also told you that a lot of this money is from illegal earnings as well.

You are right about the mobile phone issue too....but they have to be seen as gangster, 'innit'?!

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links