Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

20" Rims On An Is200.

Hi All, Just a quick shout for advice. Does anyone know if 20" alloys will fit on a Lexus IS200 without the need for any modifications ie widening of the wheel arch? Would full lock still be ok with 20's???

Thanks for any help in advance.

James

But why would any one put 20" thats just mad..................i think 19" is the max, but dont hold me to that.....and i think the guys with 19" have a job makeing them fit!

I have 19's and have no problem at all with full lock without any mods (I bought the car with them but sure its un-modded), but I have to say I don't think they are the perfect offset (i.e. they are slightly sticky-outy if you know what I mean).

I am sure 20" is possible with mods but obviously the width of the wheels and the tyres are all going to effect how well they fit - I think thats the problem with mine, if they were narrower with a different offset they could probably fit better, but the larger the diameter the wider the wheels seem to be. I think your biggest prob is going to be finding 20" wheels that you like that you like and can afford but are still narrow enough for the IS200.

I have 19x8 ET45 and full lock is still possible but with 20s you may have issues with the front wheel arches

With 19s you feel quite a loss of power so with 20s it will be a very slow car

I have 19x8 ET45 and full lock is still possible but with 20s you may have issues with the front wheel arches

If you're changing the rolling diameter so much you can feel the difference in the performance, doesn't that mess the speedo up as well? How do you guys get round this - could you change to a lower ratio diff or something?

On the other hand, the miles will clock up more slowly as well :)

Mike

Those of you that have 19" wheelies....... have you lowered the car? If so, what on? Springs or full set up?

J

This is my sport with NO lowering (just for comparison) - prob sits a bit high for some peoples taste but I think I would have rubbing issues if it was lowered.

lexus_03.JPG

Those of you that have 19" wheelies....... have you lowered the car? If so, what on? Springs or full set up?

J

This is my sport with NO lowering (just for comparison) - prob sits a bit high for some peoples taste but I think I would have rubbing issues if it was lowered.

lexus_03.JPG

:o That sits VERY high. At least you wont have problems driving through fields :lol:

If you're changing the rolling diameter so much you can feel the difference in the performance, doesn't that mess the speedo up as well? How do you guys get round this - could you change to a lower ratio diff or something?

On the other hand, the miles will clock up more slowly as well :)

Mike

It does affect it slightly under 140km/h, but above it shows quite the same as my GPS

J

I have KW coilovers and it is dropped the more I can without destroying the bodykit on speed bumps

J

Lowered on adjustable coilovers, they are set pritty much on 2/3 threads from the bottom.

002-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

008.jpg

Before you ask it does rub lightly on the rear when you put your foot down. As said above the wheels do slow the car down quite a bit.

LexusIS200Sam:

Fook me :unsure: - that's pretty close - you must have rubbing issues on the front no end? Or have you had that addressed?

Jamie

Because he had adjustable coilovers I expect he would lowered just to the limit on the front & back ;)

Not like just being springs and having front & back drop the same... Thats just my thoughts though :)

@ Sam the car looks great mate

@Codlord that looks very like mine high, wish I'd spent money on springs then rims lol.. not the other way round.. but you live & learn :P

Edited by chrisis200

LexusIS200Sam:

Fook me :unsure: - that's pretty close - you must have rubbing issues on the front no end? Or have you had that addressed?

Jamie

Rolled all four arches and removed quite a bit of inner plastic trim from the front arches. Cannot get full lock without rubbing and rears rub a tiny bit when pulling away quickly. could go a bit lower but would looks stupid on the rear, its taken me about 3months or so too get it sitting how i like it, with adjustables you always want too adjust them too make them look right lol. :)

Looking at codlord's car them comparing to my RS200 i've certainly got a lowered car, guy i bought it from didn't know anything about modifications to it.

2lnhj5u.jpg

My car on 18" rims with 35 profile tyres.

I've changed to 17" now and that's improved the ride somewhat, but i'm looking to put it ontp standard UK sport suspension. I live in the wilds of Scotland and the rough roads and farm track i live down mean lowered is not good news.

So if anyone wants to swap suspension ....

Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links