Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Smashed Up Me Lexy

xdeity

well, last night i was on my way home and was going round a bend, all of a sudden the back end fish tailed with no warning, span the car 360, i tried to right it, and thought i had done but it was too late, smashed side on into the curb. doesn't look like much damage except to the front bumper and two wheels but when you drive it it slides all over the place like there is suspension damage or something.

suspect it was a diesel spill cause the road was quite slippy, but couldn't really tell as it was dark. only good thing was that i JUST missed the car that was next to me, driven by a very very very old man who i don't think would have survived the collision.

been in touch with insurance and its going to some garage in Bury while i get a deawoo matiz (AAARRRRRGGGHH) loan car.

so for a while i will be on the deawoo matiz owners club web site :( arrg

hiya gord, it happened in Bury mate, used that same road every day for years, never been a problem before, and i've hit it at much higher speed than that. had just set off from a set of lights. bummer.

thanks for all the compassion peeps, its appreciated.

well, last night i was on my way home and was going round a bend, all of a sudden the back end fish tailed with no warning, span the car 360, i tried to right it, and thought i had done but it was too late, smashed side on into the curb. doesn't look like much damage except to the front bumper and two wheels but when you drive it it slides all over the place like there is suspension damage or something.

suspect it was a diesel spill cause the road was quite slippy, but couldn't really tell as it was dark. only good thing was that i JUST missed the car that was next to me, driven by a very very very old man who i don't think would have survived the collision.

been in touch with insurance and its going to some garage in Bury while i get a deawoo matiz (AAARRRRRGGGHH) loan car.

so for a while i will be on the deawoo matiz owners club web site :( arrg

Hello Mate,

Firstly, nice to hear you are ok mate.

Secondly, why are accepting a Matiz for a loan car?

I use a body repair shop who gives out "like for like" loan cars and their work is second to none.

They are main body repairers for the following,

Lexus Manchester, Jaguar Manchester, Maserati & Ferarri Manchester, do I really need to continue?????

In fact the last time I was in there they had a Ferarri Enzo in black just come in for front stone chip repair!!!

The company is called Manchester Car Refurbishment Ltd, based on Cheviot Street, Strangways and they are fully insurance approved with 3 year warranty on all repair work undertaken.

Drop me a line if you need the number :winky:

I can vouch for pejay786, MCR (Manchester Car Refurbishment) is a top class outfit. I've used them many times for minor work & also for major things aswell.

They have always been professional in their service and they take pride in their work which is always perfect.

Just go down & ask for John Bunny, he runs things down there.

Gold

hiya, wel, the insurance is sortin it, but its gone to boundary garage, and fortunately they changed the matiz for a corsa, not much better but better all the same.

wanted to take it through lexus themselves but lexus bolton were very unhelpful and told me that although the car was not driveable, i would have to wait and they could not guarentee me a courtesy car, and if they could it wouldn't be a lexus.

so i ended up going with boundary garage as that was the only other choice that the insurance said was acceptable. we'll have to wait and see whether they do a good job. at least they got me a courtesy car straight away.

thanks for all your nice messages and i'll let u know what happens.

Sorry to hear this mate, at least its getting fixed and you'll be back on the road in no time.

After my accident Tesco sorted everything. I drove the car to the repair shop, Enterprise picked me up from there and took me back to their office. They looked at the paperwork and said 'We were going to give you a Ka, but I see your used to driving a big car, would you like an Avensis instead?' I soon took them up on the offer, no extra cost to me. Before that I also had a C4 as a courtesy car.

Daewoo Matiz is that the one you can have fitted in the boot of an LS400 for emergency use??

No, it's the one where, if you're reversing and turn around to look out the rear windscreen, you can roll it down and stick your head out. No need for parking sensors.

i like getting into other cars . when i get mine back it makes me love it so much more . been driving a 06 bmw 520d at for last week ... have to say i didnt feel safe in it at all

I always love coming back to mine. When I come back from a few days in Scotland (a frequent work trip) driving hire cars up there - even though they are always brand-new Ford or Renault cars, it makes you realise just how far ahead Lexus are. Mine is over 4 years old, but feels a million times better just driving it out the long-stay from Heathrow! :)

With that beemer, was it on the 18inch rims? They have run-flat tyres with sidewalls like concrete, wrecks the ride and handling. Had a good look/ride in a mates brand-new 535d today, it was really, really nice I must admit... he ordered 19" rims though so his feels like a normal car though!!

I use a body repair shop who gives out "like for like" loan cars and their work is second to none.

They are main body repairers for the following,

Lexus Manchester, Jaguar Manchester, Maserati & Ferarri Manchester, do I really need to continue?????

In fact the last time I was in there they had a Ferarri Enzo in black just come in for front stone chip repair!!!

WTF did they do for "like for like" for that?!

"Enzo it is... hmmm... Can I offer you this rather shiny Daewoo Matiz?"

"No"

"Well parkers say they're the same bleeding class!"

I can just see it going down the "dead parrot" route :D

G

wanted to take it through lexus themselves but lexus bolton were very unhelpful and told me that although the car was not driveable, i would have to wait and they could not guarentee me a courtesy car, and if they could it wouldn't be a lexus.

This is the first story I've heard of a Lexus garage being a pita.

I'm used to it from most places, and that's actually one of the reasons I was drawn to Lexus for my new car.

I hope my nearest (which, in itself, is miles away) is better!

Sorry for your accident, but it's good you weren't injured and that no-one else was involved.

I was watching a *really* badly dubbed show by nikon cars, I think, about lexus/toyota crash safety.

They were showing off VSC/VDIM.

I ended up choosing the SE-L over the sport, so I won't be getting VDIM.

I hope that VSC alone is enough to help me if I ever get into a trick situation!

G

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links