Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boosted Is200...

Yeah you could tell the oil was burning like a trooper as when following him as soon as he boots it you get a puff out the exhaust, but as said only haveing it back for 2 weeks this shouldn't have happend :). Top work to Charlesworth though as they took the car straight back

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think you should let Sam say whats what rather than surmising...............

Then we shall wait for Sam, i'd love to see a Turbo IS200 in the flesh one day working and all :( hope all is going well to sort the problems. Would be so intresting to feel the power difference, having said that not even been in a SC one yet :crybaby:

still waiting on big ends to show, crank had a crack in it which has now been sorted along with the turbocharger. The oil light did come on when braking heavy etc (obivously oil moving forward) i checked the oil level and it was low but not below minimum... no signs of oil leaking from anywhere and charlesworth have presure tested this and it came back spot on.... just seems to burn oil very quickly. The reasons for this i dont know but what i do know is the car is being sorted and will be back soon.

should have it back before christmas after speaking with simon today, cant deal without wheels again.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to read about your " teething problems" Sam hope you get it all sorted out as smooth and best as possible !

I have just read your whole thread and im blown away i think im going to either

A get divorced

B get a 2nd job

as im in love with your is , hope you dont mind i swiped a pic for my screensaver !

• 2 weeks later...
sorry to read about your " teething problems" Sam hope you get it all sorted out as smooth and best as possible !

A get divorced

B get a 2nd job

as im in love with your is , hope you dont mind i swiped a pic for my screensaver !

thanks pal, cant wait too get her back. should hopefully have some good news tomorow.

brought myself a Mk3 golf GTi to run about in atm as having no wheels got to much lol.

A get divorced

B get a 2nd job

thanks pal, cant wait too get her back. should hopefully have some good news tomorow.

brought myself a Mk3 golf GTi to run about in atm as having no wheels got to much lol.

Saw your motor yesterday Sam, never realised how low it actually was on the rear end :blink:

A get divorced

B get a 2nd job

Saw your motor yesterday Sam, never realised how low it actually was on the rear end :blink:

is beached out, planning on changing the rims for some wide splits so going to need to jack it up a bit.

• 1 month later...
Aye it certainly is low!

How's the handling on it that low? Never been in an IS that low before!

***** poor top end but down low it sticks like glue.

Off topic a bit:

I was looking into running anti-lag on the IS, I know it puts stupid amounts of strain on the turbo and cuts the life protentialy in half. Has anyone ran it on a boosted IS? is it really worth doing? The main reason im looking into it is because of how mean it looks when its backfiring :whistling:

comments and views please :)

Dont its pointless, if you want flames run it rich or get a flame kit dont go breaking a £700+ turbo just for backfiring lol.

If you want noise you can get the Bee rev limiter but again if set to a harsh settings its gonna start causing damage

isnt flame kit bad for the engine?

Nope just a spark plug in the exhaust pipe to light unburnt fuel some people put gas supplies in to the end as well to make masssssive flames but all mucho chavvy lol

sorry to be :offtopic: Sam

But if you car backfires because it running stupid horsepower then thats fine, but to enduce it to show off is just chavvy.

Thats as bad as the co2 kits that came out a few years ago which chavs were using a saying they had nitrous purge.

ah NO do it properly of not at all

Rant over

^^^^^^^^^^^^The CO2 kits were designed to spray the intercooler to cool the inlet air IIRC

thought u could get a purge kit for NOS systems??!! think the 2 are different??

You can though they're for different uses AFAIK

CO2 was to spray outside the inlet pipe work (i.e. the intercooler) to keep it cold,

NOS is to spray in the engine.

yea i know mate but i think what rolex was saying is that people used to buy the NOS CO2 purge kit to get the vent/purge effect (without actually having NOS).

like this:

and a fake kit, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD4YS8Yl0Hg

@sam, hows the car coming along mate?? any news??

^^^^^^^^^^^^The CO2 kits were designed to spray the intercooler to cool the inlet air IIRC

thought u could get a purge kit for NOS systems??!! think the 2 are different??

You can though they're for different uses AFAIK

CO2 was to spray outside the inlet pipe work (i.e. the intercooler) to keep it cold,

NOS is to spray in the engine.

Your intercooler has something on the front of it?? Is that a water spray system to keep the intercooler cooler??????

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links