Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dave

Lexus2D

i think thats part of the reason they decided to call it DAVE.Im sure they are just trying to be sooo very different.Its like all the adverts these days,most are so surreal that you havent a clue whats going on-the idea behind them are mostly to shock and make you think more about it as a result.

All well and good, but couldn't they have thought of a more suitable name than Dave? No offence intended to anyone called Dave, it's just not the first thing that would jump into my head if I was naming a TV station?

I'd have called it 'Bob' :D

All well and good, but couldn't they have thought of a more suitable name than Dave? No offence intended to anyone called Dave, it's just not the first thing that would jump into my head if I was naming a TV station?

LOL!!.....its showing the first series of the apprentice too.....missed it the first time round B)

Yeah, Bob. I like that. That's got a distinctive ring to it. "And next on Bob, the news"

Why am I at work and not watching Top Gear? It's not faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaair!

It's just a rebrand of UKTV G2 - same shows at the same time, far as I can see. It always did have lots of Top Gear, QI, Alan Partridge etc etc etc. On Virgin media it's on the same channel number, and UKTV G2 has disappeared. So I think that to all intents and purposes, they've just renamed it...

we know all they've done is renamed it,we are just curious as to why they have decided to rename it DAVE.

just re-read and yeah i guess the original poster,thinks its a new channel.its exactly as Mike_B says above,it aint new.

if im not wrong,i think they asked the public to vote for a new name.i think Adie could be correct about the Trigger/Rodney joke in only fools and horses,where even after 20 years of knowing Rodney,Trigger still calls him Dave.Since only fools and horses repeat episodes feature quite heavily on UKTVG2,its quite a plausible theory.

we know all they've done is renamed it,we are just curious as to why they have decided to rename it DAVE.

just re-read and yeah i guess the original poster,thinks its a new channel.its exactly as Mike_B says above,it aint new.

Well slap me daft 4 sayin it`s new :crybaby: Iv neva seen UKTV G2 :blink:

I think the old channel Bright Ideas gor dropped from Freeview chan 19

so they moved the History chan from 12, and put on lots of Top Gear

episodes and called it Dave... :yahoo:

If Dave still appears on a freeview box @ chan 19 then you will need to

re-update the channels to refresh the channel ID's

BTW Re Only Fools & Horse/Dave

"I've had this Broom for 19 years, 26 different heads and 17 handles" :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links