Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Twitchy Rear End ?

Hi All,

Had a few people say to me that the Lexus IS200 is very twitchy on the rear end? And very bad in the wet?? :unsure: Back end always came out on them! :tomato:

So thought i'd post on hear to find out whether this is true or not from the guys/gals that actually have the cars?

Thanks

Lee

I think it depends how u drive and quality of tyres etc, I have had a crash in the rain b4 but this was proper poor weather on a roundabout. I am starting to think maybe the tyres where not as great as they could of been, I'd been driving the car for just under a year so was fairly confident in it. Maybe over confident, now I just make sure I take it nice an easy in the wet weather like you would in a more powerful car which cost more. I'd rather wait for sunny days to blast the car now ;) An always keep an eye or your tyre wear thats what I learnt really lol..

Don't get me started on snow, it may just be me but I find the car a nightmare, luckily we dont get too much :P

I have noticed that when your driving quickly in a straight line its very happy,

However when it comes to round abouts, if you have your foot down the TRC lights up .... and the back end does alittle twitch, however take it easy when going round the round about, then power down ;)

Its not too bad really if you drive like a normal person.........but.........

.....If you like to get anywhere in less than 3 weeks then yes it can be twitchy, ive had it surprise me a couple of times, but that has been on off-camber wet corners.

It is also common knowlegde on here that the geometory of the IS200 is slightly wrong and that you can get this sorted but as i havent got round to booking mine in for this yet i dont know if it makes a huge difference on the rear end being twitchy.

I hope this is of help!!! B)

Matt

standard is200, handles crap simple as that really!

wouldnt go that far...... and compared to what???

not comparing it with anything but personally i think the handling is very bad especially on round abouts!

if its tiny bit wet and do just a bit over 20 on round about, back ends gone!

actually talking bout comparing

i also drive a crap rover 400, front wheel drive, and handles better than the lexus no joke!

not comparing it with anything but personally i think the handling is very bad especially on round abouts!

i also drive a crap rover 400, front wheel drive, and handles better than the lexus no joke!

FWD... :whistling:

RWD...

Does make a big diffrence

RWD...

yeh but its a rover compared to a lexus thats wat im getting at!

RWD...

yeh but its a rover compared to a lexus thats wat im getting at!

Well.. I understand.

But a rover is a honda :D

Thats like comparing apples with oranges........FWD vs RWD in the wet, at 20mph on a roundabout is a single unique situation.....wonder how rover vs lexus handling compares in all other situations?

Suspect the "rover handles better than a lexus" would not stand :whistling:

Thats like comparing apples with oranges........FWD vs RWD in the wet, at 20mph on a roundabout is a single unique situation.....wonder how rover vs lexus handling compares in all other situations?

ok mate your the best!!!!

Sorry mate, but that doesn't make any sense - what kind of roundabout are we talking about here, it sounds like there's something seriously wrong with your car as I can go round reasonable size roundabouts at twice that speed without any problem, even in the wet.

ok mate your the best!!!!

You'll be wishing you never said that, Maz. You're being owned lol :lol:

Jamie

Sorry mate, but that doesn't make any sense - what kind of roundabout are we talking about here, it sounds like there's something seriously wrong with your car as I can go round reasonable size roundabouts at twice that speed without any problem, even in the wet.

theres a possibility there could be a problem or could be the low profile tyres that iv got, dono but it dont handle well at all on round abouts, tracktion kicks in soon as you try and floor it !!

you can do 40 on a roundabout? on wet conditons on a lexus i dont think so some how mate!

you talking about actualy going round the round about at 40 or taking the exit of a round about at a high speed?

theres a possibility there could be a problem or could be the low profile tyres that iv got, dono but it dont handle well at all on round abouts, tracktion kicks in soon as you try and floor it !!

AH HA I SEE YOUR PROBLEM................ as i said if people are driving like T**TS then of course you will loose grip - dont drive like a numpty ( least possible offensive word i could find) on the roundabout when the car is loaded on one side anyway and you wont have trouble.

out of interest what tyres do u have on and has this only started to happen recently?

I agree with Rob, you try and floor it mid-corner, you're gonna lose the back end - it's gonna do the same in any RWD car........I'm guessing you're now gonna say that your Rover has better handling than an M5........... :whistling:

(And yes, 40 may have been a slight exaggeration, but can easily carry 30-35 through a decent sized roundabout - but you definitely cannot floor it mid-bend)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links