Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Petrol Prices?

Paul-J

I filled up at the Shell garage down the road from me today, havent needed petrol for about 3 weeks. I always use shell v-power but I couldn't believe the price......Its gone up from £1 a ltr to £1.08 a ltr in just a few weeks!!!!!

Has anyone else noticed a hike in petrol prices in their area?

Over 109 for BP Ultimate here. I hate to admit it but last time I filled up I went with the normal stuff... :tomato: and feel really guilty about it! Still cost 103.9 for that!

Over 109 for BP Ultimate here. I hate to admit it but last time I filled up I went with the normal stuff... :tomato: and feel really guilty about it! Still cost 103.9 for that!

Moffet why did you go for the cheaper stuff(unleaded)??

Did you know with higher octane you get more MPG and i believe what you pay more you make up for in miles.

Using High Octane is the same price and you get a cleaner fuel IMHO

R7-47 a litre for 95 octane (BP Ultimate).

It's regulated in South Africa so there is no need to be driving around looking for the cheapest. It's the same price across the enitre country.

COnverting, it is 0-56.

Wow that is like more than half price of UK prices

what, a protocol droid :lol:

Petrols always cheaper in the southern hemisphere, Australia when i was last there was about $1.02 a litre, and converted to pence at the time meant it was about 48p.

At present it's $1.40 ish which would put it at about 70p a litre.

Disgusting when you think the cost of the product is about 40pence a litre!!!!

Someone called?

Yep thats the same price for both petrol stations down here (SE). Is there actually any difference in the petrol to justify the difference in price? I only use the 109 when i park up at the wrong lane and it doesn't have the 103.9, im sure they do this on purpose at BP, they only make the normal unleaded avaliable at certain lanes. The cheapest ones ive seen is at Jets (102.9) only cos on the same road theres 3 petrol stations, but its not on my way to work and tbh i rather pay for a bit more than fill up at Jets to save that 1p.

toy gotta run the supercharged cars on super, so its what i use all the time.

found a HUGE difference between normal super (97 RON) and V-Power. the car drives so much better and pulls very smooothly.

Round my area, V-Power is no 110.9 :crybaby:

not sure whats happeninh here but on friday night Tesco's was 101.9, saturday morning was 102.9, wet past saturday evening about 9 and was 103.9, today its 104.9!!!

Round here, it's been 99.9p for ages - until the past day or two, when the supermarkets and big garages have gone to 100.9. Lots of smaller retailers are up at 104.9, though.

Have you all got the Citi Shell Mastercard yet (especially all the V-Power users)?

I've recently got this, 6% cashback for first few months and 3% thereafter - at least it softens the rise in fuel prices slightly............

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links