Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Number Plates, Where Can I Get Them

TomCooper

thats what i had last year

and the front 1 was alot smaller, never got pulled up with them... not sure why they would be illegal

unless the law has changed which i doubt, the only logo/pictogram you are allowed to have on the side of the plate is your member state eg GB or the EU symbol AFAIK

thats what i had last year

and the front 1 was alot smaller, never got pulled up with them... not sure why they would be illegal

unless the law has changed which i doubt, the only logo/pictogram you are allowed to have on the side of the plate is your member state eg GB or the EU symbol AFAIK

correct

displaypicrear.jpg

liek the 1 in the picture? where can i get these made up?

I bought the daughter number plates for her C2 off eBay from crafty plates for £13.95 and I got the citroen badge & the Scotland flag you can also have a slogan at the bottom ( Lexus Owners Club ) :whistling: if you want and about the legal side think i remember reading something about the Scottish Government making it legal to have the flag on you plate and not just the GB/EU symbol

I've said this before and I'll say it again. If the Police have little better to do than pull you over for having a logo on your numberplate, then I can go out at night, leave all my doors open, leave the keys in the car and walk around without looking over my shoulder because all other forms of crime have obviously disappeared. For all that's holy, as long as the plate text is the legal font and not altered, who gives a damn???

However, technically they are illegal so buy them on that understanding.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. If the Police have little better to do than pull you over for having a logo on your numberplate, then I can go out at night, leave all my doors open, leave the keys in the car and walk around without looking over my shoulder because all other forms of crime have obviously disappeared. For all that's holy, as long as the plate text is the legal font and not altered, who gives a damn???

However, technically they are illegal so buy them on that understanding.

good point..........

I have lexus logos on mine, my font is legal, and spacing etc, I don't have any dealer addresses at the bottom of the plate either, and i've been told by a traffic cop that i'm not likely to get stopped for the plates

however, if I do a moving violation that got me pulled, like a dodgy lane change, they'd probably tell me change the plates then

i think im gonan get them plates made up same as in the picture ^^^ as i dont care, it is petty if they pull me over as teh font and letters are brittish standard, its not like im trying to get around speed camaras or anythgin with dodgy letters, but i just like the lexus badge on there.

yea i didn't have any trouble with them plates before, and essex police aint to happy with number plates, also my fornt number plate i think was about 3/4 the size and the letters still being the brittish standard size that they should be, just teh overall plate was smaller, and police never stopped me for that either...

ive just been on the dvla website, it doesn't say anything about being illegal to have the lexus symbol on there, or anything else on the border of the plate, as long as the letter and spacing are the standard and the manufacturer of the plate is at the bottom ie:fancyplates.com then they should be totally legal...

ive just been on the dvla website, it doesn't say anything about being illegal to have the lexus symbol on there, or anything else on the border of the plate, as long as the letter and spacing are the standard and the manufacturer of the plate is at the bottom ie:fancyplates.com then they should be totally legal...

Like I say, who actually cares what logo is on them? As long as text is legal, I can't see there being a problem - you'd have to be damn unlucky to get pulled by the grumpiest nit-pickiest officer in Essex. Only time you may have a problem is if you do something stupid, get pulled over for that and then the officer get you for what else he can find!

There are loads of regulations regarding number plates, all offenses relating to number plates are in fact customs and excise offences, sounds silly but they are there to show you have paid tax. Customs and excise and dvla are after all only tax collectors.

The police have pressure put on them to ensure that number plates are totally legal so that the number plate recognition cameras will be able to tell if you have paid your road tax and issue you with an £80 fine if you haven't. If the number plate has too many other bits on it the recognition camera can't read it and they think someone is getting away with no tax.

So be warned as lots of local plod have been instructed to ensure everyone has a legal plate.

Having said that I think a lot of it depends on how busy they are and your attitude if you do get stopped....

Always found it best to eat humble pie, plead ignorance and beg for forgiveness... its amasing what I've got away with.....

Good luck

Pete

P.S. I love those plates as well.... may get a set.

There are loads of regulations regarding number plates, all offenses relating to number plates are in fact customs and excise offences, sounds silly but they are there to show you have paid tax. Customs and excise and dvla are after all only tax collectors.

The police have pressure put on them to ensure that number plates are totally legal so that the number plate recognition cameras will be able to tell if you have paid your road tax and issue you with an £80 fine if you haven't. If the number plate has too many other bits on it the recognition camera can't read it and they think someone is getting away with no tax.

So be warned as lots of local plod have been instructed to ensure everyone has a legal plate.

Having said that I think a lot of it depends on how busy they are and your attitude if you do get stopped....

Always found it best to eat humble pie, plead ignorance and beg for forgiveness... its amasing what I've got away with.....

Good luck

Pete

P.S. I love those plates as well.... may get a set.

thats the idea, i been puleld 100 times and always got away with it just by being polite and that...

again as far as i can see on the dvla website, theres nothing to stop you having the lexus symbol on your plate, i may have missed somethign but i read through the license plate regs a few times to make sure, but no where does it saying its illegal to have anything other than euro and gb thing on your plate..

again as far as i can see on the dvla website, theres nothing to stop you having the lexus symbol on your plate, i may have missed somethign but i read through the license plate regs a few times to make sure, but no where does it saying its illegal to have anything other than euro and gb thing on your plate..

There is some info here clicky

It basically rules out any manufacturer logos etc with this bit

ReflectivityThe British Standard also requires that a number plate must be marked with the followinginformation: -
  • The British Standard Number (currently BS AU 145d)
  • The name, trade mark, or other means of identification of the manufacturer or componentsupplier. (The company who actually make the number plate.)
  • The name and postcode of the supplying outlet. (The 'supplying outlet' is taken to mean acompany whose business consists wholly or partly of selling number plates.)
  • A non-reflective border and the Euro-symbol with the national identification letters are optional additions.
  • There shall be no other markings or material contained on the number plate.

Further information about the British Standards requirements can be obtained at http://www.bsi-global.com/.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links