Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Boot Release

RYX

When my remote boot release is activated the boot just "clonks" and opens amout 1mm. I've seen another IS where the boot lifts about 200mm. Which is the norm? I've got the standard Lexi add on rear spoiler (the raised one).

Thanks.

I have an SE with no spoiler and so it opens about half way when press the unlock button. Looks cool in a car park when that happens. B)

When in the showroom once, opened a boot on car with spoiler (not sport lip one but bigger) and found that it just popped up but didn't open a great deal. Put this down the the extra weight of the spoiler keeping the lid down a bit. Guess thats one good reason not to have one eh!!

Mine with spoiler, does what it feels like - sometimes it opens about half way, sometimes it unlocks but doesnt move at all and then other times it just pops open a tiny bit. Keeps me on my toes !!

:withstupid:

Exactly the same with me Veece.......... Does what it likes, when it likes...... :blink:

I took a few plastic straps (FBI handcuffs) and pulled the two metallbars that connects the the hinges together. That made the trunk open bigger. A pretty easy remedy eeh.

P.S Don´t make fun of my spelling. I am from Sweden. mistakes will happen :D

Had my boot opening springs replaced last year because it refused to open. They say there is no adjustment on them, and the new ones are still hit and miss.

When we hadan IS i found that if you left the boot closed for a long period it would only open about 1/3 of the way but if you used it a lot it would open about 1/2 way

Even if you have not got a spoiler i would get the better springs just so you can be sure that it opens every time

When I picked up my new IS at Christmas, I noticed that the boot only opened about 1/2 way, whereas the old one opened all the way.

I mentioned this to the dealer, and he said

"Yes, this has been done deliberately. This way, the boot is still shielded from rain when it opens, and you can open it the rest of the way if you need to. It's easy to adjust if you want"

I may get mine adjusted at the next service....

i find this all very interesting

this is because i don't have a spoiler, and it still doesn't open. i found that spraying WD40 on all the moving bits made it lift up to half way but after a few months its stopped doing it again. can't really be bothered to do it again.

however, on my test drive, i drove a 99 V reg and its boot opened fully with a press of a button. i pointed this out to my dealer who said that they aren't meant to open, if it does you're lucky

was he playin wit me? :angry:

When I first got my IS200 the boot would open fully however after a few weeks it would only just release the catch and then I would have to open it by hand. I found that cleaning the rubbers with back to black stopped the rubbers binding to the boot lid and it now opens fully all the time.

I have no spoiler and it never opens more than about half an inch (unless the wind catches it :whistling: ).

I've had it 18 months from new and it's always been that way.

well it seems that all the new cars (after they made the modifications - locking system, stereo) dont open and all the old ones do :huh:

gonna have a word to my dealer and get this sorted

if he tries anything, i'll make him open all the boots on all the IS's in the dealership :yahoo:

When my remote boot release is activated the boot just "clonks" and opens amout 1mm. I've seen another IS where the boot lifts about 200mm. Which is the norm? I've got the standard Lexi add on rear spoiler (the raised one).

Thanks.

Mines does exactly the same

you can get different springs to compensate for the extra weight of the spoiler - just ask at the parts dept.

No such thing as far as I know Rob

just standard springs

Mine is tempremental. Sometimes will open fully, looks very cool in the car park, somestimes just clicks and doesn't move. Found that it tends not to open when its been wet or frosty, the rubber seals seem ever so slightly more tacky and hold it in place.

There does seem to be a trend here - maybe they changed it?

99 series cars, open all the way

00 series, some 01 don't

02 series open 2/3rds of the way

I think the only way to solve the problem is suggest that the dealer sit in the boot, ready to push the lid up when you want to scare that old woman in Sainsbury's car park.

Not that I would do such a thing.... but it is very funny :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links