Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fifth Gear 08/09/08 --- Is-f V M3 ---

Clearly wasn't the most scientific of test, but it was clear to me that the M3 is still a far better car on the track - the IS-F was rolling around and looked a right handful, was nowhere near as balanced as the M3 (obviously different drivers though so possibly different approach to the track). I still think the IS-F would be the nicer car to live with, plus that engine sound was fantastic!

Was surprised how close the laptimes were though, I'd like to see the Stig do proper laps in both and see how they come out then...........

On a separate note, the GT-R looked unbelievably easy to drive, he was barely holding the wheel coming out of corners! Despite the way it looks and the fact it's a Nissan, it really does look a fantastic machine :D

i too think that test was awfull. you could tell they were biased from the start. the timing was done by a man and a stopwatch? also, bmw have been doing M cars for a long time, and for lex to produce their first performance car and be just slightly behind is brilliant. also, under 4k revs the isf is pretty normal everyday car and after that is where it performs, so it is best of both worlds, plus the fact its a lex makes it the better car imo.

The ladies seemed to prefer the M3.

Which was most important ;)

The IsF didnt get to do the fun drifts an spins :( but I agree that both sounded awsome. Had to enter the competition, they give away 1k insurance but I'd have to probably put another 3-4k in for the year lol...

I'm not sure many of us are going to be doing fun drifts and spins if we ever get either of these cars. I've already noticed I'm suffering from motion sickness after some enthusiastic cornering in my GS. I was never good on roller coasters anyway. :unsure:

I think the IS-F is heavier than the M3, and so maybe that's why it doesn't handle so well. I do miss certain BMW attributes. It's hard to put my finger on it, but I'm sure Lexus are getting closer with each model change. They just need to get that balance right.

Who was driving the M3 and the IS-F?

I've seen a few tests on Fifth Gear where cars should have won didn't, because Tiff was driving, and Plato was driving the other one!

Plato=IS-F

Tiff=M3

Those girls had no taste :tsktsk:

& iv now gone rite off Plato :whistling:

That girl just said 132 2 please Tiff & he made the ride more fun than Plato did so i reckon there was nothin init

Im Gutted :sick:

That young kid in the GTR should have done it hes well cool ;)

That young kid in the GTR should have done it hes well cool ;)

That young kid was Bruno Senna - he had an Uncle Ayrton who was a bit handy behind the wheel too.

Wasnt sure how 2 spell it :blush: so went with Young Kid lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links