Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Did You Use To Believe

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also used to believe that spiderman had special shoes that allowed him to stick to walls - and always wanted to know if the new shoes my mum was buying for me "had suckers on them" - so I could stick to walls too.

haven't thought of that for years (probably > 20 years) - but you spider comment brought that back Claire - how freaky :alien:

I beleived that someone left the tap on at sea

I was the only human and everyone else was a robot

people on TV especially newscasters were watching me.. everywhere i walked round the room their eyes would follow me (now scared of news men :unsure::lol: )

At night i could hear my pulse in my ear if i put my head on the pillow.. used to think there was a gollywog (from the robinson jam jar) in my head

my goodnesss.. i am a freek

I beleived that someone left the tap on at sea

I was the only human and everyone else was a robot

people on TV especially newscasters were watching me.. everywhere i walked round the room their eyes would follow me (now scared of news men :unsure::lol: )

At night i could hear my pulse in my ear if i put my head on the pillow.. used to think there was a gollywog (from the robinson jam jar) in my head

my goodnesss.. i am a freek

Steve

I am now offically scared of you.

a golliwog in your head?

wtfcat.jpg

You're avatar is given me a headache. Is it moving....or is it just me?

I used to believe that everyone had a max. number of words and sentences that they could say in their life time and that eventually you would run out and not be able to talk again.

So I used to be a very quite child :blush:

when i used to watch the classic comedy films wen i was a kid (started watching them when i was about 2) laurel and hardy, 3 stooges and my favourite, abbot and costello. they was in black and white so i used to think ppl and life in general was black and white in the 'olden days' and colour wasnt invented back then.

and i still watch the classics now, got wicked tape of abbot and costello that parents taped for me, all there shows.............................

I meant still do believe in him!!!! :whistling:

OMG Playa....how old are you mate!! :lol::lol: However, i have to agree on that one myself! <_<

Also...where does that light go when you shut the fridge door?!?!? :unsure:

I used to think that we as a human race were being bred as a food source for the aliens.

started to think that around the age of 10 when I saw strange lights in the sky, spooked me half to death still not so sure now :alien::alien::alien::yawn:

that spiders stalked and tried to eat me

They do don't they? :unsure:

I thought if I bounced high enough before jumping off my bed then I'd be able to fly... thud..try again...THUD... TTHHUUDD... errr not doing anything mum... :blush:

As a kid, my dad took me the the airport to watch the planes. Looking through the binoculars, he pointed them across the river at the Shell plant. I was asking him why there was a flame coming out of a tall chimney.

Instead of telling me they burn off poisonous and excess gasses, he told me that it was the "Life Flame" - if ever it went out, the world would come to an end.

For years, every time it rained heavy or was very windy I was petrified..........

The damage parents can do with an idle comment. :yawn: I once asked for some sweets from a petrol station. My dad explained that they wouldn't be very nice because they'd smell and taste of petrol fumes. It worked - I never asked for sweets at petrol stations again...

The damage parents can do with an idle comment. :yawn: I once asked for some sweets from a petrol station. My dad explained that they wouldn't be very nice because they'd smell and taste of petrol fumes. It worked - I never asked for sweets at petrol stations again...

How about what we tell our kids?

Until recently, my daughters believed me when I said ice-cream vans play music to let people know they've run out of ice-cream :whistling:

Nige

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links