Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Toys

Rabster

OK so i was looking for some gauges and some one suggested the HKS Camp 2 now i thought about it long and hard, and weighed up the cost of the other brands like Defi etc

Although the Camp 2 came out more expensive on initial outlay the scope for additions is vast

so i placed the order with Mazda Rotary Parts In kent came highly recomended by a few Mazda mates

order was placed at 14.45 on the thusday evening

Order arrived at 8.20 on frioday morning now that is service i cant fault very helpfull and as it was a large order i paid no next day delivery costs very helpful and all parts came direct from HKS Definatly Brand new :whistling: if you know what im talking about

anyway onto fitting

As some of you know i have a double din DDX-6029 now this only has one AV input so i spen a little while making up a way to change from one input to 2 inputs which you will see at the end of the thread

Anyways here is the process

DSCF0130.jpg

DSCF0131.jpg

so here is the wiring going in

DSCF0132.jpg

DSCF0133.jpg

wiring through the bulk head

DSCF0134.jpg

the harness that comes with it doesnt draw all its power from the OBDII like the Scangauge does you have to wire in an aditional ignition feed they do give you a fused wire for this ready for installation so that was easy enough

here is the I/F Unit and boost sensor installed

DSCF0145.jpg

Here is the boost T-piece

DSCF0151.jpg

DSCF0152.jpg

Rabs

OK so now on to the setting up the system

Here is it upon 1st power up

DSCF0139.jpg

Now the strange thing is we have LEXUS cars but to make the HKS camp 2 work with the IS200 OBDII we have to tell the HKS that its a BMW1 sytem dont ask me why a guy from the MY.IS forum helped me out here

DSCF0135.jpg

So once that was done we have this

DSCF0142.jpg

Analogue Gauges

DSCF0141.jpg

Digital Gauges

DSCF0143.jpg

3 selection gauges for digital

DSCF0138.jpg

Here is the finished article with alternating screens between front camera and HKS Camp2

th_DSCF0153.jpg

Rabs

Looking very good mate B)

The T piece is a fiddly little bugger :mellow: Can you adjust the boost gauge on analogue to bar pressure or change the ratio ie: 1 bar or 15 psi? so that it reads lower pressure? :unsure:

i dont think you can adjust the ratio but dont hold me to that i will be looking into it.....

an that poxy little t-pice :tsktsk: was one big pain not to mention the pipe i had didnt want to fit on so had to go buy some new pipe and then thougt of a way to make it go on easier good old fairy washing up liqid rub a little round the niple slide straight on (im still talking about the car for all you dirty minded people)

Rabs

The T piece is a fiddly little bugger :mellow: Can you adjust the boost gauge on analogue to bar pressure or change the ratio ie: 1 bar or 15 psi? so that it reads lower pressure? :unsure:

i dont think you can adjust the ratio but dont hold me to that i will be looking into it.....

an that poxy little t-pice :tsktsk: was one big pain not to mention the pipe i had didnt want to fit on so had to go buy some new pipe and then thougt of a way to make it go on easier good old fairy washing up liqid rub a little round the niple slide straight on (im still talking about the car for all you dirty minded people)

Rabs

I must admit that last bit did make me giggle, but looks really good mate..

Rabs

If you can adjust the pressure settings that would be great? And the thing with the camp2 setup is its tidy and you dont have gauges everywhere :)

Must admit my T piece went in quite easy as i'd allready brought 3 meters of 1/8 gauge tubing to match the T piece, and using long nosed pliers to hold the black pipe helped one hell of a lot :D

So whats next on your list :whistling::lol:

Rabs

If you can adjust the pressure settings that would be great? And the thing with the camp2 setup is its tidy and you dont have gauges everywhere :)

Must admit my T piece went in quite easy as i'd allready brought 3 meters of 1/8 gauge tubing to match the T piece, and using long nosed pliers to hold the black pipe helped one hell of a lot :D

So whats next on your list :whistling::lol:

after i lubed up it went in easier just made sure not to get any in the sensor it self

Hmmm next on the list well

Need to make my sat nav screen work either with standard screen and a converter or ill just have to buy a new screen dont really want a new screen coz that would mean a new housing section to accomodate the 7" screen unless people know of a good 5.2" or whatever size the smaller screeen is to replace

oh yes and a Greedy Emanage Ultimate with map already on it

Rabs

after i lubed up it went in easier :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done mate !!! It looks ace.

But it also looks like a lot of work.

What sensors did you buy with the kit, or are you planning to add on things to the kit at a later date ??

Looks great mate, though not sure i like the idea of the box in the engine bay.

Im going to try and rehome the I/f box somewhere else might try and fit it into the ECU Box etc i mean there is about 2m of cable on the boost sensor not sure about the Oil temp sensor

i kinda figured with it being summer that its not likely to get wet at the mo so im happy with it there till next weekend where i will try and hide it somewhere else, but need it accesible so i can add more toys at a later date

Rabs

Well Done Rabster - looking great mate :D Told it wasn't hard to wire in for a man of your talents :P

Now you just need a car with some proper power lols

Just kidding...looks decent.

lol what you trying to say?

I think he is saying the IS200 is quite slow......... :whistling:

Well Done Rabster - looking great mate :D Told it wasn't hard to wire in for a man of your talents :P
Now you just need a car with some proper power lols

Just kidding...looks decent.

lol what you trying to say?

I think he is saying the IS200 is quite slow......... :whistling:

its not the quickest car i suppose.

rabster could you still listen to music while you have the hks camp 2 on the screen?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links