Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Most Annoying Cars/drivers

GaryC

here's a couple for you

i have to cross a toll bridge every day and as it has a couple of booths i always try to guess which one will clear quicker

as a result ive decided that anyone who drives a nissan micra takes hours to get the money out ..arggghhh ( also anyone in a flat cap or on a bike)

next i was once following a clapped out old van with the rear bumper scraping the road ( later found out that it had half a dozen sheep in the back) so decided to overtake when it pulled across the road in front of me. after doing a few spins in the road a reversed back to enquire with the driver why he hadnt indicated or noticed me alongside him. to which he replied ( gods honest truth) that he thought everyone knew he'd be going to the mart ground on a tuesday.

naturally i had no reply and just drove off :shutit:

why is it BMW drivers only let me out of junctions when the wife is driving ??

i have to cross a toll bridge every day and as it has a couple of booths i always try to guess which one will clear quicker

as a result ive decided that anyone who drives a nissan micra takes hours to get the money out ..arggghhh ( also anyone in a flat cap or on a bike)

I have the exact problem with the Mersey tunnels.

I have been stuck been a hatchback whilst the woman ( :yawn: ) got out the car and rummaged through the boot for her handbag to pay the toll.

If I'd have had a gun..........

Having the open speed limit that we do here the most annoying thing is that with this unbelievable freedom to do near what you like you always manage to join a mile long queue either behind a poor old dear or a white van!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Stetches the patience barrier to near breaking point.

Oh yeah, and the a**holes who despite the vast sums of cash required to purchase their vehicles haven't been able to afford the indicator lamps!!! :angry:

But worst of ALL :tsktsk: those people that do 45mph down 60mph a-roads... and then carry on doing 45mph through the 30mph villages!!! :tsktsk:

You are soooo right there! I have to cope with these types on the way to work most mornings :tsktsk:

Most BMW drivers - I'll go along with that! Why do most BMW drivers feel they have a moral duty to get in front of you? Must be some deep seated inadequacy going on there :whistling::lol:

People in LWB Mitsubishi Shoguns.... Just wanna know how come people can drive those monsters without needing an HGV licenese?! :o

As we are now talking about annoying driving habits this is my most hated....

The woman BMW driver sat in a side road waiting to turn left onto the main road I'm driving on. As I approach her I see she is wanting to get out so I slow down slightly and flash my lights to let her out.

I then realise she's gassing on her mobile phone and completely blanks me (actually doesn't even look at me) - just arrogantly chats away. :angry:

I always feel like forgetting to use my brakes and whacking right into the back of them.

Another observation...

Earlier this evening I was driving behind a Peugeot 306 covertible 02 plate (top down) and as we stopped at the lights I could see her huge furrowed brow in her rear-view mirror.

The expression was "I'm so important I have to look really serious". Dear dear me.

Add my support to the 'drive all the Passat TDI's off the road' group ... the more red letters, the lower the driver IQ when he gets behind the wheel.....

I also hate those people that pull away from junctions SOOOOOO slowly you almost run into the back of them (I always leave a safety space - but I am not kidding... leaving a roundabout yeatserday, a flatcap in a Fiesta was going so slowly, no-one would anticipate that acceleration at that slow a rate was possible!)

Constant speed gimps are another hate. (45 in the 30, 45 in the 60 ......) Prats!

after this mornings episode, i with out a doubt can say the drivers that p*** me off the most are london bus drivers

had one this morning pull out (without indicating) whilst i am parallel with it

forced me into oncoming traffic (good job oncoming traffic saw what was happening and stopped)

managed to stop and give women driver peace of my mind, whilst she sat there blowing kisses

they really do drive about and dont give a sh*t , they have all their protective alarms and feel invincable

arggghhhh

I sold a GS 430 Sport and now have a VW TDI Passat.............

So can speak from both camps........

I only see IS 200 owners behind me desperate to get in front. The VW is such a nice car to drive much better than the IS Lexus. At 9.8 its .3 of a second slower to 62mph (there is not much in it). :o

However the TDI engine has masses of torque something the IS lacks so I will defend the VW over Lexus. :P

I don't give or take any hassel from IS200 drivers and travel over a 1000 miles a week. Perhaps this Passat problem is actually just an IS owners problem ;)

Gives us Passat guys a break, lets remember its poor driving standards etc that upsets us all not a piece of metal :D

I only see IS 200 owners behind me desperate to get in front. The VW is such a nice car to drive much better than the IS Lexus. At 9.8 its .3 of a second slower to 62mph (there is not much in it). :o

Perhaps this Passat problem is actually just an IS owners problem ;)

I'm not saying the Passat is a bad car (although I personally find them souless and uninvolving - but that is a personal taste thing) .... just they tend to be driven by Muppets! I am only talking TDI too incidentally. :shifty:

Not saying that includes you - we are stereotyping here. :winky:

Not a IS problem either - the Passat TDI drivers are a scourge and menace cited by drivers of many marques ...... remember my tool of choice is actually a Honda anyway - and I still find the TDI bunch a menace.

BTW - does the Gold TDI only come in black? And the Passat TDI only in silver? :P :whistling:

Lol - a post of on the Honda Revolutions forum that seems to fit in well with this thread - also made me chuckle.....

Highway Code exemptions and other road phenomena

I'm not p'd off, honest, but...

My commute this week has brought home a few "truths" about our roads. Prime among these is the "Highway Code Exempt" car.

Not all cars are allowed this honour. I bet it must have taken Audi lots of hard marketing work to get all of it's cars to this state. At least, that seems to be the case from the Audi's I see on the roads. But I suppose it was my own fault for daring to get in their way? 

VW seem to be hot on Audi's tail, and are doing very well petitioning for the Passat and Golf to be allowed the same exemption. Again, I have made a number of foolish mistakes this week by not moving over as soon as I saw the VW badge disappear under my rear spoiler.

BMW, of course, led the way, and have had this for a number of years on the 3-series, while Ford and Mercedes, surprisingly, have only managed it on their vans!

The other phenomena is a new type of person - Homo Sapiens Ovis ("Sheep man").

These individuals can be identified by their driving style. It involves driving in the middle lane, and only the middle lane. As soon as the car in front pulls over, they automatically accelerate until they reach the rear of the next car in the middle lane, at which point they slow down again and remain less than one car length away. They are completely oblivious to other users of the motorway who inhabit the other two lanes, especially those who want to pull out.

Sheep man can often be found driving a Volvo, while the females are usually located in Corsas. They are most noticeable on quiet motorways, but are adept at blending into traffic, behaving almost exactly the same as a normal human in these conditions.

Do not under any circumstances try to attract the attention of either of these cases while driving. The first will see it as a challenge to his territory, while the second will fail to acknowledge almost all attempts. The few recorded cases of Sheep Man acknowledging another driver have resulted in a very sheep-like "blank look", as the brain cells try in vain to communicate with each other.

Gives us Passat guys a break, lets remember its poor driving standards etc that upsets us all not a piece of metal :D

Can't say I've noticed any problem with Passat TDI drivers - maybe I was :sleeping: :winky:

It's fair to say though that a particular type of car appeals to a particular type of person, and I'd guess that as well as sharing a similar taste in car, these people will also share other attributes, which on the road are manifest as driving habits.

Therefore the idea of stereotyping certain drivers because of the 'piece of metal' they drive isn't so outrageous. When I see a BMW, I expect to see aggressive and selfish behaviour, and I'm pleasantly surprised when I don't (yup, not all BMW drivers are hoodlums) :winky:

TVR drivers - see quite a few of them around in Sussex, and have to say that despite driving such powerful cars, these guys are usually bimbling along minding their own business, roof down enjoying the sound of that motor! :P

Wonder what drivers of other cars see as the driving habits of the IS200/300 brigade?? :shifty:

Avensis drivers, only cos i know Sorted is reading this :D

:lol:

My pet hate car is the Ford Fiesta due to been crashed into twice by them and both times i wasn't even moving. Can't they see the light is on red or are they colour blind or something, also when you see one waiting to pull out at a junction you can be certain at the last moment out they come causing you to do an emergency stop :angry:

As for most annoying drivers the 40mph driver really annoys me, 40 in a 30 then 40 in a 60 grrr. Also Continental lorry drivers using the fast lane on a motorway bugs me as well.

lets not forget certain ladies doing their make up whilst talking on the phone doing 71 in the right lane with two empty lanes next to them which they dont seem to notice untill I finaly decide that i've got no other choice but to use them to overtake them on the inside, upon which they swerve all over the place unable to decide what to do next! :crying:

and boy racers and other a**holes driving right up my **** whilst i'm stuck in a queue, cant they f***ing see I cant go anywhere either?? :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
ive read all the posts here and i would like to say the most annoying bastar7ds on the road are the people who dont say thanx when u give them way i swear to *** 1 day someone gonna get shot

very true...

I agree whole-heartly..

i could fit a family of immigrants in those wheel arches rod... get it lowered!!! :P

worst drivers are people in front.. could be anyone.. but they are all in my way and annoy me. Plus people who annoy me are the people who are coming the other way stopping me from overtaking. :blink:

i could fit a family of immigrants in those wheel arches rod... get it lowered!!! :P

worst drivers are people in front.. could be anyone.. but they are all in my way and annoy me. Plus people who annoy me are the people who are coming the other way stopping me from overtaking. :blink:

totally agree :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links