Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance

ukazn

As most of you all know I have been having very bad luck with my lex. A few months ago I was in a car accident and the third party who was at fault drove off. Police were not able to trace the car and solicitors could not further help me, therefore I had to claim from my insurance. Just got a letter this morning telling me that my renewal is up at the end of this month, I have lost 2 years no-claims and the premium has gone up from £1100 to a whopping £2500.

I think I just might have to buy a 1.0L Micra.

That's real bad luck mate - what can I say?

Don't give up tho, the club scheme has worked out well for some and there's loads of places where you can get online quotes. If you look in the back of car mags etc, there's lots of brokers & companies advertising too if you need more ideas. Hope you manage to find something to suit your pocket :)

I just had to renew my insurance and it cost me £580 fully comp :D (I am 21).

That was with Eagle Star but Direct Line were also close, might be worth a try.

You can get quotes online for both companies.

That seems really good!

I'm 24 with no no-claims at all and I got £680 from DirectLine but with my mum as the primary driver.

How many years of no-claims do you have?

I'm 24 with no no-claims at all and I got £680 from DirectLine but with my mum as the primary driver.

How many years of no-claims do you have?

I have got four years as at this renewal, which means i can protect them now as well :) .

The insurance is in my own name. Plus you get a credit card sized insurance certificate for your wallett (worth £580 on its own!), which the police and post office's are meant to accept as proove of ins.

Will find out when i tax it at the end of the month! :whistling:

I thoroughly recommend you shopping around. The LOC scheme through Gold's been good for me, before that I was with Bell Direct - they were very cheap in comparison to the others I called.

Just grab a Yellow Pages and call loads of the insurance free-phone numbers and see how you get on. You'll be surprised.

Sounds daft but try the Co-Op (CIS Insurance) - they were always cheapest for me in former years - now with Direct Line but they tend to cherry pick the lower risk groups - CIS never used to ... :ph34r:

Tried phoning a few companies this morning but no luck. The average price so far is still around the £2500 mark. Some companies wouldn't even consider. This would have been my fourth year of no-claims but cos the damage had to be repaired quickly I had to go through with the insurance. So from three years I have now dropped down to one year and a ridiculous premium.

Zee: I was with Adrian Flux originally and it was they that gave me the qoute of £2500.

Kieran: I was there this morning, was visiting the Royal London hospital.

Bell direct worked out cheapest for me.

<500 notes :)

Yeah.. but do they know your Sat Nav directs you into fields???

I'm with the LOC GOLD scheme.. 890 notes, fully comp, 26, all mods declared (450 quid cheaper than i was paying with Direct line)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links