Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi

just got my new quote for car a whopping £502 i am accident free  gone up with a bang granted i am a  senior  citizen  but as jumped over 100

as any one else noticed someone told me they were going up but wow over 500 it was higher than that 580 but i contacted them and they dropped it to 502 saying a good will gesture

Time to look elsewhere..? I pay pretty much the same, (with NFU) for a 430 AND an MB G-Wagen. I'm C&C free, live in low crime rural area, and same age group.. Price has been pretty stable last few years. So unless you live in a high risk area, you seem to me to be paying a lot. NFU are not known for low prices.

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

69, me and wife, fully comp, 9years ncb, full european cover, £248 with LV.

YOU MUST LOOK AROUND!

Regards

John

Post Codes make a huge difference. I have the same cover as this with LV for £350 but unfortunately don't live in Cheshire, like John :). I noticed my premiums rise when I moved from rural Leicestershire, to Blackpool.

• Like 1

You are lucky guys - I'm paying £650 (with Europe breakdown) in Surrey all that with 10 years of NCD.

I've just checked LV from curiosity and they will sell for £700 so even worse than my current Elephant.

PS. I've also got business use included for myself which is putting extra £50-70 on top.

I'm currently looking into insurance renewal, I thought this survey might be of interest. I'm currently with the number 1 and while I agree that they're an excellent company to deal with, my renewal quote is more than twice the price of the cheapest quote I've had using the comparison sites.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/driver-power/92312/best-car-insurance-companies-2016

I want to have some confidence that I would get good service should I need to claim, but not at any price.

Hi All

I too am with LV and have been for 10 years or so my GS300 was 327 which ould have run out in Oct 3 2016 when i got the 450 se L in feb I asked if i need to pay more the said yes £25 so i thought ok this will be no more than 400 when renewal comes in oct

For the last 3 or 4 years i have had a high quote i used to ring and they said ok we will give you discount i think they may have played me at my own game by giving extra large quote then saying they will give discount but i have paid the price they want me to pay i am now in my seventies  so i bet they are putting a load on me  i have never had a accident in the last 15 years.

However as yesterday was a nice day i decided that the wife and I would have a day out at Bridlington East coast (and a lovely day it was too)

As i live in south yorkshire its only a 60 mile trip on the way home on the A164 which is a notorious road for Motor cyclists there as been a few fatalities I had just left Middleton on the Wolds 40 limit and went up to 60 the road is straight for about 2 mile but undulating i saw Two HGV artics coming towards me and to my Horror a motor cyclist overtaking them I stamped on the pedal  I  dont think i have had a car that braked as good as this did must have been the Emergency brake system ( well done Lexus) i did hear tyres screech but i think it was car behind me and thought Ok back end shunt and motor bike on my Lap wife screaming " BOB he is going to hit us" he just managed to get in between lorry and me i think he must have thought there was only one Lorry or there was room between them but there was a car between  so couldnt get in  i think is god was with him  and mine for that matter

The second lorry flashed me twice as a thank you i would have thought

I reviewed it at home from the dash cam And it was more horryfing

Just thought i mention it Phew

Robert

Thank you Robert for the vivid description of what could have been a very nasty incident.

It encapsulates why I always drive my Silver GS with dipped headlamps on.......the idea is not to improve my vision, but to show others where I am.

Not foolproof ,but it can help others should they choose to look where they are going!!

Regards

John

It is important to mention the excess both compulsory and voluntary as well as years NCB,  postcode etc. My experience is that renewal notices don't mention how much lower the premium would be if you upped the excess at bit.

On 13/09/2016 at 7:40 AM, KayCee said:

Hi

just got my new quote for car a whopping £502 i am accident free  gone up with a bang granted i am a  senior  citizen  but as jumped over 100

as any one else noticed someone told me they were going up but wow over 500 it was higher than that 580 but i contacted them and they dropped it to 502 saying a good will gesture

Renewals suck - Ive only ever renewed a policy once, always seems to be higher than everyone else at the time for some reason. I think they just catch out people who cant be bothered shopping around.

You have to understand that there are multiple reasons insurance could go up. Ive found that the price seems to go up slightly after 65 years old (my father's insurance is higher than mine is) and perhaps thats to do with being more risky - having poorer reflexes etc. There's also the postcode! If the number of claims in your area has gone up, then its highly likely your insurance price will also go up come renewal time.

Insurance companies also use the make/model of car as well. So lets say an Audi is in Insurance Group 38 and a Lexus in Group 38 also. If the percentage of claims per how many of those cars are insured in the UK is higher it'll make your insurance go up.

The insurance company run on a central database which keeps collecting all your info! Also, worth noting that having more than 9 years NCD makes no difference for some companies, some are even going down to 5 years NCD.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links