ifraz

So are you??  

28 members have voted

1. 1. So are you??

• YES, as soon as possible
    • NO, because I think I can get away with it
    • YES, only when I get caught
    • NO, not even if I get caught

Will only remove them if I have to - this country's a **** joke nowadays. I can understand if they're excessive but this is now taking the michael.

Why don't they focus on catching real criminals??

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to remove mine this weekend. I've been pulled for it by the fuzz before, and knowing my luck (around the Midlands) it will happen again.... :angry:

I've left them on since the last time I got caught, but it ain't worth the risk.... <_<

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to remove mine this weekend. I've been pulled for it by the fuzz before, and knowing my luck (around the Midlands) it will happen again.... :angry:

I've left them on since the last time I got caught, but it ain't worth the risk.... <_<

Zee are you just taking the front Tints off? how easy to take them off?

Zee are you just taking the front Tints off? how easy to take them off?

Yeah - just fronts Tony. They peel off, then use something like Tar remover solution to wipe the glue off - it's pretty easy to be honest...

My front tints are staying put! I've a mate on the force and he says he wouldn't even bother checking someone's tints unless they look ridiculously dark, like the blacked-out ones you see on these Max Power type motors. He says it's about discretion and that stopping an otherwise apparently law abiding driver simply because he has 'mildly tinted' windows, is a total waste of time.

My front tints are staying put! I've a mate on the force and he says he wouldn't even bother checking someone's tints unless they look ridiculously dark, like the blacked-out ones you see on these Max Power type motors. He says it's about discretion and that stopping an otherwise apparently law abiding driver simply because he has 'mildly tinted' windows, is a total waste of time.

But the thing is....it does still happen. It sometimes appears that you get stopped for no apparent reason.

The last time I was stopped (a few years ago now), I asked the officer politely why I was stopped and they just simply smiled and said 'because we have to stop x number of cars and you are one of them this evening'. They told me there was nothing wrong with my car or the way I was driving, I was stopped because.... they felt like it! :blink:

So, now with tints (dark or not) you can still be caught and convicted. :angry:

But the thing is....it does still happen. It sometimes appears that you get stopped for no apparent reason.

The last time I was stopped (a few years ago now), I asked the officer politely why I was stopped and they just simply smiled and said 'because we have to stop x number of cars and you are one of them this evening'. They told me there was nothing wrong with my car or the way I was driving, I was stopped because.... they felt like it! :blink:

So, now with tints (dark or not) you can still be caught and convicted. :angry:

Oh yes, absolutely it does happen. Just 2 weeks ago he was out on a Friday night cos the bosses wanted him doing (ahem) 'spot checks' for 3 hours, and to be fair amongst those that were stopped were 4 people who were over the drink limit :o

But what he was driving at is that if he stopped someone and they had mildly tinted windows, he'd ignore it & he said his colleagues would most likely ignore it too :whistling: ...that is, until some pencil-neck on the force decides it's time to order them to go out and target a few motorists for committing the henious crime of having light tints!

well my tints are staying in till im given a rectification notice!

i was reading in the times yesterday that the courts jailed 5000 more motorists than burglers! what kind of f*****g society is this!

In the end i think we will get left alone more due to having a lexus rather than a Clio with 5% light transmision limo tints. and having private plates seems to keep the piggies at bay a bit longer too.

i make sure i have copies of all relevent documents and am polite and forthcoming with all details. they only stopped me for 30 seconds last time and apologised for any inconvienence caused. they didnt check the car at all, jsut me!

i also run the front windows all the way down too!

as long as your not sighing etc :yawn: then they will give you a little bit more respect. altho there is always an **** of a copper who just wants to get you coz he cant afford one and is jelous! :ohmy:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links