Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow!

rajesh

Hi.

I bet all of you had Great fun going home last night in snow......

Not too happy with the LEXUS moving wheels without going anywhere.

And that's with the SNOW button on!! :yawn:

a 20 min trip took 2h 30min. St Albans to Potters Bar.

As some of my work mates say ( nice looking car but!! )

Going to work also was fun... around the local roads NO NO !!

Did anyone else have the same Problem? And by the way i saw

a Lexus on the side of the road - i think he/she got fedup with the

skying from there car.!!

Yup, My 1st time driving my IS200 manual in ICE. Took 2hours 45mins to get from Romford to Chigwell (8 miles). I got stuck on a hill at 1 point and had 5 people pushing me out of the ice. Found the traction control needed to be turned off at times due to it fighting against itself.

If my GS is anything to go by, you could press the snow button, but you might as well take cyanide as it's only a marginally quicker way to finish yourself off.

Don't understand why you had a problem with snow mode. It just reduces throttle response and increases sensitivity of the traction control. Basically just make it lighter on the throttle. :unsure:

There appears to be a direct and very magical connection between the button and the steering. Press the button and hey presto, bye bye steering. Turn it off, hey presto, steering comes back.

This makes no sense but frankly I'm not trying it ever again.

I'm not bitter, just glad to have learned this at almost standstill, not at 50 on the motorway.

(I might actually be a bit more scientific and repeat the experiment at home where I can faff on my own land, not the road. Look out begonias.)

Took me 5 mins to get in up the drive backwards - just kept spinning wheels no matter how I tried !

On the road was almost worse - roll on the summer !

Mind you round our way you only need a transit and you can still do 40mph it seems :ph34r:

After spinning my car in the snow last year, I decided cowardice was called for last night and this morning so have been cadging lifts from my husband who drives a Honda accord Aerodeck. Getting a lift home tonight from a colleague in his VW Golf. Ah, I could get used to being chauffeured B)

:o

Hi

Picked up my new IS300 (also my first Lexus previously Impreza WRX) yesterday afternoon just as snow started and nearly took it straight back as i thought there was something wrong losing traction and sliding sideways on slitest incline felt like both back tyres were flat, managed to do 40 miles in 3 hrs

Andy

No Probs, no matter what was on the road, SNOW, ICE etc the car and driver took it all in it's stride,

Although coming home last night a trip that normally takes about 15mins took nearly hour, not the cars fault, it was wally drivers and no gritt on the roads.

Give me rear wheel drive anytime :winky:

wifey came home in the lex and was absolutely horrified at the poor traction. I thought she was exagerating until i tried it!

worse car ever driven in snow including 2.8 Capri.

bet these sell well in Switzerland?

well yes they do sell quite well, but the difference between here and the UK is that people fit winter tyres/wheels when it gets cold, as you are supposed to.

Also if you end up having a crash etc and you dont have winter tyres on, then it is your fault even if you didnt cause the crash.

have a look HERE for a little more info on winter tyres

If  my GS is anything to go by, you could press the snow button, but you might as well take cyanide as it's only a marginally quicker way to finish yourself off.

Don't understand why you had a problem with snow mode. It just reduces throttle response and increases sensitivity of the traction control. Basically just make it lighter on the throttle. :unsure:

That's exactly what I found .......................... :winky:

Do I get the record ?

3 mile journey home took 3hrs :angry:

Bloomin idiots can't drive in a 1cm of snow (stopping on banks), then people behind have to stop like myself and then cannot get traction

I had 5 blokes trying their best to push me, but the roads were just ice,

Had the Carina in 2nd gear, clutch fully released and I could get out of the car, and the car would just sit there wheel spinning on its own

Managed with the help of a few kind people to get moving again, glad the Lexus was tucked away with a flat Battery in the garage at home.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links