Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2021 Lexus UX 300e

5 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

always try to be ahead of the curve!

The fellow who can see only a week ahead is a popular fellow because he's looking with the crowd. But the one who can see years ahead, he has a telescope, but he can't make people believe he has one - Will Rodgers 

9 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

The fellow who can see only a week ahead is a popular fellow because he's looking with the crowd. But the one who can see years ahead, he has a telescope, but he can't make people believe he has one - Will Rodgers 

"is this a Lucid Air I see before me ?" Macbeth.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought you might be interested. Had a UX 300e as a loaner when my MY70 250h was in having the bank1 O2 sensor replaced. Impressed with the 300e rolling noise much quieter with Michelin tyres than the Bridgestones on the 250h. As a matter of interest charge the 300e for two hours via the 13amp lead and this put 20miles on the cars range. Shame the overall range of 196 miles is so low compared to the competition.

Also a shame the O2 sensor failed so soon.

59 minutes ago, Charli Alder said:

Thought you might be interested. Had a UX 300e as a loaner when my MY70 250h was in having the bank1 O2 sensor replaced. Impressed with the 300e rolling noise much quieter with Michelin tyres than the Bridgestones on the 250h. As a matter of interest charge the 300e for two hours via the 13amp lead and this put 20miles on the cars range. Shame the overall range of 196 miles is so low compared to the competition.

I suspect you'll find the interior quieter due to the sound deadening added to the uxe on top of what was existing in the uxh rather than the tyres. 

10 hours ago, Charli Alder said:

I have read that Lexus sometimes fit Dunlop runflats and that they are quieter than the Bridgestones which seem to be fitted on most UXs. But none of the 300e models are fitted with run flat tyres unlike all other UX models with 18 inch wheels. Even now run flat tyres have improved, I believe they still generate more noise possibly due to their stiffer sidewalls. 

• 1 month later...

Just joined the forum and have found this post really useful - thank you! I’m a Paramedic by trade and have driven lots of different spec cars, usually very quickly in second and third gears… 

I’m looking to lease a UX 300e CVT base spec via our work scheme (NHS) for what appears to be a really competitive price of roughly £300p/m all in; I haven’t owned a Lexus before, and I’m predominantly a Skoda fan (not sure if that’s blasphemy on here or not!). 

I’ve got a test drive booked in later today with Lexus, so I’m interested to see how the car works for me. I’m mainly a 15mi commuter (motorways and A roads) with the odd ~40-50mi round trip thrown in for good measure. 

Thanks again for the insight so far, and I’ll be sure to report back my thoughts on the car, have a good weekend everyone. 

• Like 2

On 1/8/2022 at 9:18 AM, KP5 said:

Just joined the forum and have found this post really useful - thank you! I’m a Paramedic by trade and have driven lots of different spec cars, usually very quickly in second and third gears… 

I’m looking to lease a UX 300e CVT base spec via our work scheme (NHS) for what appears to be a really competitive price of roughly £300p/m all in; I haven’t owned a Lexus before, and I’m predominantly a Skoda fan (not sure if that’s blasphemy on here or not!). 

I’ve got a test drive booked in later today with Lexus, so I’m interested to see how the car works for me. I’m mainly a 15mi commuter (motorways and A roads) with the odd ~40-50mi round trip thrown in for good measure. 

Thanks again for the insight so far, and I’ll be sure to report back my thoughts on the car, have a good weekend everyone. 

So I really enjoyed driving the car, and the Lexus Dealership team were an absolute breeze to deal with too. 

For me personally, here are the pros and cons:

Pros: very quiet on the road with minimal road and wind noise, ample features from a stock CVT perspective (I drove the Takumi spec however), comfortable driving and pretty nippy off the mark too. Also liked the tune-able regenerative breaking which felt quite responsive. Range was relatively accurate - drove 6 miles around varied roads and used 6mi range. The interior felt high quality as you’d expect, but I’m not sure how the stock base spec would feel in comparison.

Cons: despite the car appearing slightly on the larger size for a compact SUV, the cabin room felt a little snug (comfortable but snug). The boot space also felt slightly limited despite the reasonable Litre capacity stated, the sloping roof seems to eat into this somewhat. The features and pricing of the Takumi spec seem a little overboard to me, with the mid range Premium plus offering a better bang for buck. 

Whilst the lease deal I have available to me is fantastic, in my eyes, I’m not convinced this would suit our future (family) needs; although I do wholly disagree with the reviews that claim this isn’t a good EV, it absolutely is a great EV and is fantastic to drive. It just doesn’t hit the practicality nail on the head for my needs sadly, never say never though; it’s a great effort for Lexus’ first EV and it would definitely encourage me to look at the next effort Lexus produce (potentially a larger SUV?). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KP5 said:

So I really enjoyed driving the car, and the Lexus Dealership team were an absolute breeze to deal with too. 

For me personally, here are the pros and cons:

Pros: very quiet on the road with minimal road and wind noise, ample features from a stock CVT perspective (I drove the Takumi spec however), comfortable driving and pretty nippy off the mark too. Also liked the tune-able regenerative breaking which felt quite responsive. Range was relatively accurate - drove 6 miles around varied roads and used 6mi range. The interior felt high quality as you’d expect, but I’m not sure how the stock base spec would feel in comparison.

Cons: despite the car appearing slightly on the larger size for a compact SUV, the cabin room felt a little snug (comfortable but snug). The boot space also felt slightly limited despite the reasonable Litre capacity stated, the sloping roof seems to eat into this somewhat. The features and pricing of the Takumi spec seem a little overboard to me, with the mid range Premium plus offering a better bang for buck. 

Whilst the lease deal I have available to me is fantastic, in my eyes, I’m not convinced this would suit our future (family) needs; although I do wholly disagree with the reviews that claim this isn’t a good EV, it absolutely is a great EV and is fantastic to drive. It just doesn’t hit the practicality nail on the head for my needs sadly, never say never though; it’s a great effort for Lexus’ first EV and it would definitely encourage me to look at the next effort Lexus produce (potentially a larger SUV?). 

A lovely report Kieran. Many thanks.

Which Dealership did you use ? I`ve not driven the E version but I have driven a petrol version and I can agree with all you say about Space, Bang per Buck and its suitability for use as a family vehicle.

7 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

A lovely report Kieran. Many thanks.

Which Dealership did you use ? I`ve not driven the E version but I have driven a petrol version and I can agree with all you say about Space, Bang per Buck and its suitability for use as a family vehicle.

Thank you! 

I went to the Bolton RRG Dealership - excellent reception and support from the team; it would absolutely bring me back there, for sure. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

First problem with the UX recently with 1.2k miles 

It wouldn't start. 12v Battery showed 4.8v.

Charged by AA and took it out for a 5 mile drive. Come back and used 3 days later and it's fine. Then took for a 15 mile trip on Sunday, a 4 mile trip on Monday and today the car doesn't start again

Battery showing 7v this time. Not entirely sure what's going on as theres nothing on inside the vehicle when it's locked.

The UXe 12v batteries have been discontinued so nothing available either.

A lot of EV drivers appears to have issues with their 12V batteries if you read the various forums.  They appear to fit quite small powered batteries which can run down easily with powering the alarm etc if left for a long time or a slight fault drains them. 
I’ve got two EVs and thankfully haven’t had an issue yet. 

40 minutes ago, pobrown said:

A lot of EV drivers appears to have issues with their 12V batteries if you read the various forums.  They appear to fit quite small powered batteries which can run down easily with powering the alarm etc if left for a long time or a slight fault drains them. 
I’ve got two EVs and thankfully haven’t had an issue yet. 

Not in 2 days though surely?!

Seems to be a recent thing as well. Left it for a week over Christmas and it was fine so seems to be something going on not entirely sure what 

In my experience (motorcycles, mostly), once a 12v Battery has been discharged that far, it's damaged beyond repair. You can get the voltage back up, but it'll never again hold anywhere near the same amount of charge and will effectively go flat again incredible easily. The symptoms you describe match exactly my own (frustratingly repeated) experiences.

My advice would be to replace the Battery.

Nick

1 hour ago, Chris UXe said:

I've also just recently experienced 12v flat battery issues in the UXe. One thing that appears to have helped preserve the 12v battery charge is disabling in the car lexus connected services and not use the app. Hope this helps.

Chris

What were the circumstances? Seems to be going almost every 4 days from what I can tell for us.

But apparently Lexus is aware of the issue so I wonder what they'll do about it. Probably a software update. I'll try disconnecting Lexus connected services and see what happens

I've found the 12v Battery to be going every 4 days or so. I drove 52 miles, then left the car for 4 days. The next time, it was driven for 20 miles, then the car was left for 3 days. I've now disconnected Lexus connected services and 7 days later, the Battery still has a full charge. I've bought a Ring Lithium Ion charger as the need to make appointments means a flat Battery is not ideal to say the least. Both flat batteries happened during pretty mild weather and the car is garaged.   

4 minutes ago, Chris UXe said:

I've found the 12v battery to be going every 4 days or so. I drove 52 miles, then left the car for 4 days. The next time, it was driven for 20 miles, then the car was left for 3 days. I've now disconnected Lexus connected services and 7 days later, the battery still has a full charge. I've bought a Ring Lithium Ion charger as the need to make appointments means a flat battery is not ideal to say the least. Both flat batteries happened during pretty mild weather and the car is garaged.   

Yes I've had the same issue. 4 days at most for me. It's going flat very quickly. I've also stopped connected services and it's been fine today but obviously got driven yesterday. Will see how it is for a while now

So after turning off connected services and parking up the car for 3 days it started fine. Im sure thats probably whats been using the Battery whilst the car is parked up.

Ive left it off and informed the dealer that I think its the connected services completely draining the Battery and theyll pass it onto head office

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Test drove a takumi and did not like it as much as my ux 250h Takumi. Driving range seemed to go done alarmingly quickly and more tyre noice although Lexus were running it on 2.0 bars instead of 2.3 bars tyre pressure. Not impressed and told them so

6 minutes ago, edith said:

Test drove a takumi and did not like it as much as my ux 250h Takumi. Driving range seemed to go done alarmingly quickly and more tyre noice although Lexus were running it on 2.0 bars instead of 2.3 bars tyre pressure. Not impressed and told them so

The range doesn't go down anymore than the distance travelled like any vehicle. 

And it's quieter than a 250h as a fact. The tyre noise is only more apparent as theres no other noises coming and besides, it's no worse than a 250h regardless. The 300e is almost as quiet as an RX on the move

25 minutes ago, rayaans said:

The range doesn't go down anymore than the distance travelled like any vehicle. 

And it's quieter than a 250h as a fact. The tyre noise is only more apparent as theres no other noises coming and besides, it's no worse than a 250h regardless. The 300e is almost as quiet as an RX on the move

Indeed. I’ve read a few reports on different EVs where the reviewers have specifically made the point that the absence of any engine noise makes tyre or wind noise much more noticeable. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links