Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Purchased a Series 4 RX450h

Well after test driving a 2017 RX450h Premier yesterday at Cheltenham Lexus I went back today and thrashed out a deal on the car with them. Car is their ex demo with one owner since and has only 24000 miles on. It unusually has the side steps pack option as well as protection pack. Mercury Grey metallic with chocolate and cream interior 

Hopefully picking it up on Thursday. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Grey!! Looks like you got a nice car otherwise - just teasing.

Finding a car with an acceptable colour scheme in budget proved difficult. Metallic black would never look clean with the miles I do (previous experience). 

Silver cars are rare in this model. The greeny silver didn't appeal, blue again has the cleanliness issues. White would have been great but there were no cars in my budget. Problem was I drove the Premier and that spoiled me for anything else. I wanted to buy from Cheltenham after my negative experience in Derby with the standard of preparation. Having dealt with the salesman at Cheltenham previously twice since 2016 (last time I was buying he was on holiday and another salesman p****d me off), he made it quite clear some months ago that he wasn't going to let anyone else sell me a car when I wanted to change. 

The original figure to change was £1500 more than I was prepared to pay. After haggling I was shown what the car actually owed them and what the warranty and preparation costs were. (Warranty cost was surprising). We were still too far away. In the end they gave me a final figure  after they revalued my car which was only £300 more than my target so I was very happy. Having seen all the similar aged cars available in the UK at Lexus I am not unhappy with the deal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jaystar77 said:

I actually love a good gun metal grey so that colour scheme looks absolutely spot on to me - health to enjoy Les!

It can be an extremely difficult colour on other (non Lexus) cars when their drivers do not use dipped headlamps in poor driving conditions, I find.

I do like the newer rx like yours does the front end seem a lot further away since driving ,as the old one is quite easy to judge the wife was concerned when the wife sat in the nx300h .but the nx300h became a no go as the wife said it felt like a gutless wonder and screamed away .

Colour is very much a subjective thing and more important to some than others.  Some years ago I read an article that said dark blue cars were statistically most at risk of being involved in an accident which didn't surprise me, because the driver who T boned me in my dark blue very long Fiat 3200 (130) Coupe claimed not to have seen me.  I can't believe other dark cars would be better in this respect but have not researched any figures recently.  

Car colour is important to me and I have mostly had Silver cars because I not only like the colour but it hides dirt well and I am not somebody with a sponge/leather frequently in my hand.  I do like the very light blue found on some Mini's and the Messa Red on some RX's. I do wonder how the red would be after time though as in general on other cars at least, it's the most severely faded car colour you see on the road.

There is no doubt that some cars look better in certain colours than others and can influence sale price and down the line purchasers preference.  There is also a matter of what is fashionable. Certainly agree grey is in vogue at present, even in bathrooms!                                                                                                         Enjoy many safe miles in your new ride.

9 minutes ago, Lager shandy said:

I do like the newer rx like yours does the front end seem a lot further away since driving ,as the old one is quite easy to judge the wife was concerned when the wife sat in the nx300h .but the nx300h became a no go as the wife said it felt like a gutless wonder and screamed away .

To be truthful it didn't feel any bigger to drive and I thought the lock when manoeuvring was better, but that might not be the case. Of course there is so much more assistance for parking than on my existing car. I thought that the car felt a lot quieter than the previous version, only time will tell. 

Lovely looking car on the outside but I really don't like the two-tone door cards and centre console. I had the chance of such a car before I bought this one but although the car was perfect in every sense, this one aspect put me off.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it to the full Les.

Q

35 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Lovely looking car on the outside but I really don't like the two-tone door cards and centre console. I had the chance of such a car before I bought this one but although the car was perfect in every sense, this one aspect put me off.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it to the full Les.

I wanted a light interior as believe it or not the cream interior in my current car has been so much easier to keep clean than my last 2 black interiored Lexus 

Beautiful car! I do like these but must admit, I'm not a fan of the price tag! I would need to sell a few more tyres to afford one. I really didn't like driving the shape after mine as it just felt bland and wasn't expecting to like the new one but drove one a few months ago and absolutely fell in love with the Lexus brand again!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Les 

My latest car was perfect but the previous new car was sent out from Derby with a deep rear seat crease that took 6 weeks to resolve !

Tel

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links